Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All BRP is doing is MARKETING, MARKETING, MARKETING !!! They are using what worked for them in the snowmobile industry for the last 10 years! But there is a slight difference in the fact that snowmobile models are named by engine size and marine outboard models are named by HP output.

In the snowmobile industry, say you have a 600cc model snowmobile that makes 110hp, then you have a 600cc HO model snowmobile that makes 125hp, you can see it is a high output model because the engine size is the same but you are getting more HP, it's easy to see the difference.

In the marine industry, an outboard motor rated at 115 HP should make 115 HP, then to have a motor called a 115 HP HO model that makes 125 HP, when in reality it is a 130 HP engine restickered as a 115 HO. I see how people can get confused with this.

BRP has done a great job bringing great technology that they have been using for years in the snowmobile industry to the marine industry.
    Last edited by DJMikeyC; 09-16-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What really sucks for consumers is when they buy a motor that is not putting out the amount of HP it is advertised for. I was at Merc training last year in Fon du Lac and the guy actually said,"no ones 115 puts out 115hp, they all out out less." I immediately raised my hand because Yammies f-115 is a rocket compared to most, and will beat a Opti 115, kind of like the F150 Yamaha also, it flys. See Evinrude does the HO thing like Merc using Pro Xb or Pro xs now to say they are their hot motors, they are used to uprate a boat legally, 225= 250hp, 250=275, except certain 300hp motors that were only putting out reportedly 270hp, but that has changed supposedly on the new Series of that brand.....Good luck, plus having a "cheater" motor sure is fun on a nimble hull....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree consumers are the losers when they buy a motor that is putting out a lower amount of HP than it is advertised as having. But we are winners when they are exceeding the HP number thats advertized!!

"Cheater" motors are always fun!! In snowmobiling, most guys would peel off the HO stickers on thier sleds so others would not know they were the High Output models.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

====================================================================

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LIQUID YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! Dude im gonna just start reading your info so I can learn more and tell customers,......So are you thinkin these new v4's are gonna kick some Black and Blue grey ass this year??? I feel that since the F115 Yamaha 4 stroke already is faster than the 115 optipop that these will destroy those other motors, and hell might give some 135 v6's and on the right boat, might stay with a 150????? who knows though, Im trying to have my Evinrude connections get me a test motor for me to run, I told them I would sign a release for warranty and etc.......Hey we can all dream

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    LIQUID YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! Dude im gonna just start reading your info so I can learn more and tell customers,......So are you thinkin these new v4's are gonna kick some Black and Blue grey ass this year??? I feel that since the F115 Yamaha 4 stroke already is faster than the 115 optipop that these will destroy those other motors, and hell might give some 135 v6's and on the right boat, might stay with a 150????? who knows though, Im trying to have my Evinrude connections get me a test motor for me to run, I told them I would sign a release for warranty and etc.......Hey we can all dream
    Your shipment must be close Brannon. The 130hp are coming & are in many dealerships already.
    Did you see this as well?

Page 01

Page 02

Page 03

Page 04

Page 05

Page 06

Page 07

Page 08

Page 09

Page 10

========================================================

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love a tiller

With trim
    86 21' CheckMate Starflite
    86 225 JohnRude

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A V6 135-175 Opti is only 20-30 lbs more then the V4 Etecs, can't see where running the 115ho or 130 is any kind of advantage?
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres why our little ETEC DOUBTER< that weight and the inherent low torque produced by the 135 Opti means that if set up correctly the 130/115ho is supposed to be able to really shock doubters......Now NNT I have not driven them yet, however when the 150 Opti is honestly producing since 2006 only 146 prop hp(info given to me by Mecury) because of compliance with the EPA and a guy would think from the publicity that BRP brought to the world of DFI motors,.....Merc was gambling not on the Opti yet the Verado, then with etecs infomercial and quick marketing, they had to tune the Opti........If the 150 is 146, what is the 135???? Legally it could actually be the exact same as the 150, 135 +10%, 148.5, either way, the 130 and 115ho is different, no one is filling that market, and their is a HUGE market in the marine business for that size, Ranger and all manufacturers have boats that are 130, 140 rated, if they are rated for 115, now you have a 130 on the back in the 115ho, plus a modded 115ho or 130 on a old stream should be pretty cool, NICE TO SEE YOU ARE STILL AROUND NNT, HOPE ALL IS WELL, remember NNT you personally will get great pricing on ANY etec, just call me buddy, you can have the 1st 25/30 in Florida?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can leave the dimestore sales pitch at the door

..........................but this site is pretty much interested only in repowers and you will NEVER convince me a 130hp V4 will run better then a 135hp V6. That V4 will have less useable torque and have to work harder then the V6. Thats just common sense. I am not bad mouthing the V4 at all, it's a great engine and been around in years in various forms. It has just finally gotten the Etec treatment, thats all. I'm sure it's a great outboard, whats the cost of that 130 Etec? Post prices here so all can see, no need to make me your confidant. You'll never see any Etec on the back of my little 13 Whaler, they are all too heavy IMO. I'll more then likely drop a reworked 2cyl 60 hp on the back and give the tree huggers fits when I start up at the ramp.
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's the deal? Anyone running a 130 on a boat yet? I need a 115HO or 130. I'm leaning towards the yammie f115 so I do not have to change gauges. I like the 2 stroke throttle response/torque for holeshot. Anyone have a competitive price for a etec 130 at 8k or is yamaha all alone at this price? Thanks. Robert

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert:

Not sure what boat you want to hang an F115 or e-tec on?? My father had an F115 on his 17+ foot Lund boat. The yammi was a nice motor...got good fuel economy but the thing was really a dog out of the hole and didn't seem much quieter at cruise than my Merc. 150 XR6. The yammi was propped correctly...and we were left scratching our heads...since the boat was rated for something like 120 hp max.

After I began the process of re-powering to an e-tec..my father traded in his boat...got something a little bigger and with a 150 e-tec. I don't think he would have traded and gone with an e-tec if he was thoroughly satisfied with the F115.

I think you'll find most folks are satisfied with their yammi's....and for good reason. For me, I'm really looking forward to trying out my new e-tec! I'll really be happy with an easier starting and more efficient motor than my old carb'd Merc. The 115 h.o. and 130 sound like real performers..and I wouldn't hesitate to consider them.

Good Luck,

Wayne

P.S.

The current promotion from BRP for re-powers includes gauges...so you wouldn't have to pay for new ones.
    Last edited by Senderofan; 12-28-2008 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    135 opti is a turd. Been down that road. I'm anxious to run the 115 and 130 once the water is'nt so hard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have em

Obviously guys I would be telling you all about the motors (115HO-130) yet we have Feet of ICE.......I can tell you for the perf crowd the motor looks evil in person....Im wondering when BRP will add the ram air to a v6, which WILL add power, maybe 275HO?????????????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BW you have a PM thanks Robert

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast