Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brannon, Call your BRP rep. Send me a 115HO in Blue and I'll rig it on my Viper. Then you can prove the technology once and for all.
    I won't even charge for my usage

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viper

Mike of course you know you must DRILL IT before you hang it!!!!
    Gone*
    Glasspar G3*
    GW Invader*
    Allison SS2000*
    Allison XR 2002*
    Centurion Barefoot Warrior*
    Glastron CSS 16*
    1988 Viper/never rigged or wet*
    1988 Sanger Barefoot V4
    2000 Sea Ray 280SS cruiser
    Wooden 16 Adirondack Guide Boat
    Lowe fishin boat 6hp OMC
    1995 Donzi 22 Classic*
    1996 Donzi 22 Classic*
    Hydstm VooDoo*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLF View Post
    Mike of course you know you must DRILL IT before you hang it!!!!
    I would just use 2 "c" clamps and a tiller motor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,my 130TEC hauls pretty good on my 17ft.double eagle ,got about 8 hours on it and still looking for A prop .done a 17 , 19 alum. Thinking its gonna be like a 19/20 SST or Viper we,ll see. Still pulls 5900 with a fishing load and that's a not right 19. So I'm thinking S/S 20 cause it loves to REV .The 4-6k rangeis NOW like a turbo lol lol but dude a DI 1.7lt.2Stroke Pissed off is gonna lay down some smack mine EASILY over reved a 17 at like 8/10ths throttle .With a 19 @ 5900 + 75percent trim was burning 10.49g/h and .18g/h at idle/troll speed 600rpm.thinking I should be around 45-47 with THE prop.went out the other day for the afternoon ripping around and jigging here and there , and burnt like 26lt.With mostly near redline running,it seems to get better every time I run it.Was gonna get a 150 but trolling with a 150/6 just doesn't sound right to me ,on a small boat any ways, marine gas is 4.5$/gal.now,so I think ill like my V4 .take care.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey GSXR. dude you are sooooooo Right, those motors ROCK.....they are very high performance from a Stock stand point, but im sure their are ways to beef that up....Get you some HO graphics and away you go.....Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Brandon,that thing revs like a dirty mother(like it should)I won't even go out with my buddy and his DOG Honda lol JK SSSOOO Slow .I let him drive the 130 for a bit and with the I-Command system ,he was very impressed real time info at your finger tips.When the warranty is up I'm going get that thing JACKED up to 150-160 ala HO. at like 7500-8000gonna sound SSSS000 SWEET EXTRA power band PLEASE lol I might even get one of those 600cc DI E-TEC engines from a sled and fit it into HRC GP bike SSSSOOOO sick a 110-120HP/215lbs.GP bikeI'm in love. With the DI 2 Stroke ,if you know anything about high output .with the current software ,the lines have crossed and the upside is only gonna get FASTER

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am seriously considering either the 130 or 150 E-Tec motor for a 25' Tolman Jumbo pilothouse skiff I am building. Most builders have put a Suzuki 140 on these and report great performance, usually 40 MPH top speed.

Any suggestions from the knowledge here on what would be recommended of these two motors?

I currently have a May-Craft 1800 skiff with an E-TEC 90, I am very happy with the performance and operation of this motor after 2+ years of operation.

Cheers and happy holidays to all!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcfithian View Post
    Most builders have put a Suzuki 140 on these and report great performance, usually 40 MPH top speed.
    If you mean the first generation 140 Suzuki 4-stroke, an 150 hp e-Tec would definitely be an improvement. That Suzuki is nowhere close to 140 hp. The 130 hp e-Tec may well be stronger, too.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, first generation Suzuki 140 4-stroke, the one that is currently available.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PC, the 140 Suzuki I was always told really was a 120HP Motor, Ive never seen a dyno, but who knows. The 130 Etec, is a 133hp at the prop motor, its only a V4, so depending on weight of your craft, and pricing differences of a 130-150, a V6 may be better. So you know the 150 Etec is a MONSTER, its not really a 150, but its a pussy cat when your not runnin hard. The 130 V4 is a superb outboard, probably one of the best models built. The transition in RPMs from 4500rpms on is very strong, thats when the exhaust valve changes, and the motor rockets to 6000 rpms. The mileage is stellar, the noise, smoke is non existent. If you have any other "detailed" Evinrude questions you can email me personally at worner_brannon@yahoo.com im always here to help you guys, I feel that in certain models the Evinrude E-TEC is the BEST outboard out, period. Those are the 60,75-90, 115,115HO,130 V4, 150HO V6, and the 200HO.....If you need anything let us know. Brannon Worner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice, Brannon!

I think you have confirmed where I am leaning on this, the V4 130. The Tolman as built will only weigh ~1400 lbs. I don't really need to go above 40 MPH. My experience over the past 2 seasons with the 90 E-TEC on my May-Craft 1800 has been superb, it is the best outboard I have ever run.

But I can also say similar thiings about the 1995 Johnson 60 Deg 90 HP V4 that I ran until last summer on a Princecraft 17' aluminum center console. It ran perfect and had tons of power/torque in ~700 hours of use. But it did burn twice the fuel that the 90 E-TEC uses.

Knowing that the 130 V4 E-Tec is based on the same block makes me feel very comfortable that it would be a good choice for my Tolman under construction.

Besides, I have always felt that a white motor looks better on a boat than any other color!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7