Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 HO and 130hp V-4 Finally!!!!

Along with the official release of the 25/30 E-TEC Evinrude also released pricing and ordering for the new much anticipated 130hp v-4 E-TEC, and the unknown 115 HO, with the higher performance tuning.......This should kick azz on smaller performance boats that love the V-4 design and light weight, as we know the 115hp V-4 already is far superior to than the 4strokes or other DI's......Funny thing is the 115 HO and 130 are the same price, and of the record from what I hear from my inside guys, add the 10% rule to the 130, obviously it has not been tested by BWB or anyone else, but so far my guys have known more than supposed Evinrude know it all's,by the way the new v-4s are the same displacement the extra HP must be tuning, I have'nt seen the new HO decals, but they are gonna release new stars and stripes designs, I have not seen it yet though.........Boat show time should be great for BRP and E-TEC, happy dreaming.................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    Funny thing is the 115 HO and 130 are the same price,
    Maybe that is because they are the same engine.

and of the record from what I hear from my inside guys, add the 10% rule to the 130, obviously it has not been tested by BWB or anyone else, but so far my guys have known more than supposed Evinrude know it all's,
    Perhaps. So far, they have struggled to get 115 hp out of the Etec V4, so going 140+ might be a bit of a challenge...

by the way the new v-4s are the same displacement the extra HP must be tuning
    That is certainly no news in the outboard world.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no news???

Kind Of Confused On Your Reply????? When Dynoed The 115 Has Done Advertised Hp And More, So Not Sure What You Have Read Or Experienced....the 130 Is Supposedly +10% , And When You Dyno The Other Guys 115hp's They Minus The Yammie F115 Four Stroke, All Have Been Under 115hp, The Yammie Is A Strong Motor Like The Etec, And For Sure Documentation Has Not Been Confirmed Until The Meeting Last Monday, 3 Days Ago, New Cowling And Hp.................hope This Helps The Actual People That Are Interested, Not Negative Non Believers, Have A Good Day All

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe some Evinrude know it alls..................

Are smart enuf not to say what isnt yet,

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heyetec1

could you send me some info on the scheduling for this years races around illinois this summer, my 9yr old son and I would love to come out there and watch that motor of yours, the head tech guy from BRP was at our marina a couple weeks ago and we were talking about your outboard, if you could email me or privatemessage me, email-worner_brannon@yahoo.com, thanks alot, Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Markus,

Making the power has not been the problem, It has been making the power and keeping it well within the 3 star limitations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 130 HO should be a great engine - I think they have the existing V4 weighing in at 167kg - so would work on a whole lot of smaller boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Younger View Post
    That 130 HO should be a great engine - I think they have the existing V4 weighing in at 167kg - so would work on a whole lot of smaller boats.
    The above quote is incorrect.
    The alleged V4 E-Tecs listed above are a 115HO and a 130HP NOT a 130HO which could be up to 143hp according to the 10% rule. It would seem that if the initial post is correct (#1 above) then the 115HO could be a high performance motor with a special gearcase possibly with a more direct gear ratio & performance tuning for the GOFAST crowd. Very exciting stuff. We could have yet another E-Tec "250HO type motor" about to cause some serious assaults in the outboard HIGH PERFORMANCE market. I believe, these V4's (if true) are the continuation of the new "GREEN" 2 stroke revolution which we are all locked into & I also believe there is a lot more to come from BRP.
    ======================================================
    Last edited by LIQUID NIRVANA; 05-17-2008 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    167kg for the V4 is not impressive considering the the smaller Etec V6's like the 150HO are at 190kg. For the smaller boats I'd stick with the carbs like the 3cyl Yammie 70 or 90hp that weigh 100-125kgs. Even the Tohatsu DI & the Etec 90hp are at 143-145kgs, so I don't see the advantages of the V4 speedwise for the lighter boats.
    ARGO Cat 18'
    Mercury 2.4EFI/CLE
    ------------------------------------
    If it's not a cat it's a.............dog ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchPhil View Post
    167kg for the V4 is not impressive considering the the smaller Etec V6's like the 150HO are at 190kg. For the smaller boats I'd stick with the carbs like the 3cyl Yammie 70 or 90hp that weigh 100-125kgs. Even the Tohatsu DI & the Etec 90hp are at 143-145kgs, so I don't see the advantages of the V4 speedwise for the lighter boats.
    I agree, the 4cyl Etec weighs about the same as my V6 Merc.
    83 Checkmate Predictor/Xr2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchPhil View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but arn't the carb being phased out because of the emissions situation. It seemed that 2008 was the last year for carbed V6 motor elegibility in Rouen 24 hour. Please update me.
    =========================================================

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont have the numbers in front of me............

but i believe the 135 opti wieghs alot more than the V4 etec, the 115 opti is a 3 cyl and yes it is lighter, would be nice to see a comparison between the 115 vs the 115, even the 130 vs the 135, just for the fun of it.Now if ur comparing the old carb 135, the wieghts might be closer, but they dont make those anymore

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nirvana, the Carbed Johnson V6 is dead March 2009 but not the V6 Mercury.
    In Europe you can't produce carbed motors anymore but they can still be sold.
    The new emissions standard don't change the fact that power to weight is still important for speed boats & the V4's were never good at that.
    The 135 Opti is a definite pig at 195kgs.
    Last edited by FrenchPhil; 05-17-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    ARGO Cat 18'
    Mercury 2.4EFI/CLE
    ------------------------------------
    If it's not a cat it's a.............dog ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weights

ok guys, we all know the reason the 135 opti is heavy is because its the 2.5 liter v-6, theoretically the exact same besides some tuning for the 150 opti, and remember a little mouse told me that the 150 opti now puts out only 146hp because of tightening epa, so do the math on the 135 opti if 10% is real, also, the v-4 115 and i-3 115 opti though rated the same are quite different, the 3cyl mercs have always been kind of rough for me, but thats a 3cyl, where the 115 v-4 is a beautiful engine, and rememeber back in the day that motor was factory tuned from 75hp up to 140hp, i believe the 140 v-4 was the highest they got on production outboards, supposedly the 130 E-TEC was rumored to be in the 140-143hp range, when driven my buddy said it was a power house, remembering we are talking a small block motor, not a 300 or 350, also like I said the 115ho is for some reason the exact same price as the 130, with no difference in lower units, today their is no bullet unit for the 115ho, so we are talking about the NEW HO DECAL PACKAGE THAT WILL DEBUT FOR 2009, but it is a "cheater"motor maybe???? 2009 will be killer, and the talk of carbed motors is as dead as carbed cars, yammie is done with production and I believe merc is done also, it is an end of an era...........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brannon & French Phil.

Just remember this V4 E-Tec is the 1726cc powerhead not the 2000cc powerhead. The 1726cc started life in 1995 as the Intruder V4. It is a wonderful engine. It has never been officially sold as bigger then 115hp so this has undergone some serious R&D to now be a 130hp & still be emissions compliant. It believe it will be a widely accepted motor as the 115hp has & is.
    =======================================================

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast