Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-tec 250 Is Converting Some Guys

Hello their Gentleman and Ladies, I have'nt posted in a while because of the boat show season, I know some are happy about that, but after the conversation I had yesterday I had to post this one......See I sell a certain brand of performance boat, and the national sales manager has always been team BLACK, which we all know makes a phenomenal production and racing outboard. Well he is the type of guy that does not get paid by a motor manufacturer, he simply uses what works on the hull he uses....When I went to the facory this last December to look it over and learn I asked if would ever consider the new 250 HO, he said if it will help him over his current brand he would consider anything.....At the time I was their one of his good buddies was picking up his boat and it was gonna have the new 250 HO as soon as he got it....Well I talked to my rep yesterday and asked what he was hearing, he said his buddy was getting a 2-3 mph gain over my reps motor, on the same boat and set up, thats a huge difference on a production motor on the exact same hull, my rep said "that new 250 HO is a animal", my arms got goose bumps, I never thought I would hear him say anything like that, sorry for the long post but to have an industry leader that is some what stuck in his ways really thinking of UP GRADING its exciting.....I have posted before that the 2008 bass and walleye boat 250 shoot out if its 100% reliable and no one has any advantages should be a real shootout, besides the new 250 HO, Yammies 250 series 2 I hear is tearing up the south, it should be a crazy abrasive situation for the guys that think only 1 brand of motor can go fast and not "POP", GOOD DAY ALL BRANNON

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    I have posted before that the 2008 bass and walleye boat 250 shoot out if its 100% reliable and no one has any advantages should be a real shootout, besides the new 250 HO, Yammies 250 series 2 I hear is tearing up the south, it should be a crazy abrasive situation for the guys that think only 1 brand of motor can go fast and not "POP", GOOD DAY ALL BRANNON
    Hopefully BRP will actually show up this time. i truly am looking forward to seeing some objective head to head, especially between merc and BRP(250xs and 250ho). The new HO is an exciting motor and I hope the competition will make both manufacturers continue to make better and lighter motors, I know there is a lot left in that white motor if they decide to unleash it.
    Last edited by Fish; 03-21-2008 at 07:08 AM.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you mean the 300 ho coming out later this year???? the small block ligtweight guys will be very happy when a certain 2 motors come out soon, but im sworn to secrecy,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Hopefully BRP will actually show up this time. i truly am looking forward to seeing some objective head to head, especially between merc and BRP(250xs and 250ho). The new HO is an exciting motor and I hope the competition will make both manufacturers continue to make better and lighter motors, I know there is a lot left in that white motor if they decide to unleash it.
    It would seem that an informed guy like you would already know why Bombardia eventually declined the invitation to the last Bass & Walleye shootout. I am somewhat surprised that you still bring it up. I would hope that the security on the next shootout (Or should it be relabeled "shoot up") be substantually tightened. Perhaps you may find the page below enlightening, in particular check out the comments under the heading "EVERYBODY CLAIMS TO BE FASTEST AND MOST POWERFUL"

In other words "NO OVERNIGHT MODIFICATIONS" by some cheaters to suit the following days test.

Last edited by LIQUID NIRVANA; 03-22-2008 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot wait for a B&WB XS vs HO shootout

I thought they turned tail and ran like a french soldier because they didn't want to get the floor mopped with them by the Opti's and Verados. It would prove they are second in the DFI segment and would also prove that 4>2
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Glad to see more positive news on this front. There are some narrow minded folks that aint gonna like it though
    Last edited by FlowMaxx; 03-28-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowMaxx View Post
    Glad to see more positive news on this front. There are some narrow minded folds that aint gonna like it though

Folds? "Duh duh daaaa" All I can say is bring it BRP and lets see what you really have, enough bragging and boasting when you have nothing to back it up
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It bums me out a little bit because as far as the EPA friendly motors, I feel that e-Tec is the best technology, but they just don't have a good racing group in engineering anymore. They look at dyno numbers and they're all about making HP, but it's for 2000 lb. bass boats so they're making HP at 6000 RPM.

That's fine, but it would be great if they could just utilize the e-Tec/Voice Coil technology like they're going to use it in their sleds where it can turn a little bit of RPM. If they could build a motor that'll make 300 HP and turn 7500 RPMs, that would be perfect. It's not going to hit any sort of big market, but it's more of a statement motor that shows e-Tec technology is capable of doing something no other technology is able to do - turn RPMs.

I know they CAN do it, but WILL THEY? BRP is a very strictly run company where $$$ are the number one priority so it's going to be tough to sell them on making something that is based on emotion and not solely on profit. That makes sense don't get me wrong, but Dodge makes a Viper, Chevrolet makes the Z06, etc. They don't make a lot of profit from those cars, but it brings people into the dealership to buy Chargers and Malibus.

I hope they do it though. It'd be good to get some competition out there...it's never hurt us (the consumer) that much I know.
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Baker View Post
    It bums me out a little bit because as far as the EPA friendly motors, I feel that e-Tec is the best technology, but they just don't have a good racing group in engineering anymore. They look at dyno numbers and they're all about making HP, but it's for 2000 lb. bass boats so they're making HP at 6000 RPM.

That's fine, but it would be great if they could just utilize the e-Tec/Voice Coil technology like they're going to use it in their sleds where it can turn a little bit of RPM. If they could build a motor that'll make 300 HP and turn 7500 RPMs, that would be perfect. It's not going to hit any sort of big market, but it's more of a statement motor that shows e-Tec technology is capable of doing something no other technology is able to do - turn RPMs.

I know they CAN do it, but WILL THEY? BRP is a very strictly run company where $$$ are the number one priority so it's going to be tough to sell them on making something that is based on emotion and not solely on profit. That makes sense don't get me wrong, but Dodge makes a Viper, Chevrolet makes the Z06, etc. They don't make a lot of profit from those cars, but it brings people into the dealership to buy Chargers and Malibus.

I hope they do it though. It'd be good to get some competition out there...it's never hurt us (the consumer) that much I know.
    Things are happening Sam. Start saving up those $$

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey nirvana

i found this posted by you
    did you here merc maybe re bringing the rotary out
    http://sports.webshots.com/album/552826780uXOXhl

i also found a patten with merc racing on it for a hydrogen version with mazda

???
    you know anything ??

i did some digging nothing i found nothing rock soild yet

http://www.byuboyz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21579
    Last edited by afr; 03-24-2008 at 05:48 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/scott.steffe

Replacement Fiberglass Windshields For just about every hydrostream
    Fiberglass Seat Shells 18 wide high backs, 18 wide barrel backs and 23 wide big boy barrel backs

call 941-575-8914 with any questions

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    Custom Fiberglass and Paint
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried a number of times to run a BRP motor on a performance hull, and I have give up. I am not a big Merc. fan (the company), but, until BRP gives us a low water pickup and some solid mounts, I guess I'll have to stick with my Mercs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enrude is not focused on total perf hulls

hey guys, as most of the loyal followers here know, i know performance boating as much as i know calculous, not much, im learning....ive heard about the solid nount situation, has no one figured out how to or cant you modify the existing mounts, or is their an aftermarket application??? please dont call me dumb im just learnin this stuff, ask me about cars or women and also about the lower unit doesnt bobs or someone else, youd think that in this day and age someone with a welder and computer could take a magnum or lightning and mod it for you guys, if not that sucks.....another thing i understand with their emm you cant do much, but if a guy signed a waiver or used it simply for racing applications they should make certain kits like stage one,2,3 and race so you could play and stay legal, kind of like the turbo on my subbie, you can get off road pipes that are for non street applications, but no one follows the rules....the 250 ho is a screamer and i still cant fathom why CERTAIN guys here cannot get that someone might have caughten up to the grand dad of performance motors, or god for bid passed them up in emmisions friendly high torque and horse power to match, ISNT IT A BIG DEAL WHEN YOU TAKE 2 CERTAIN HULLS , AS IN PRODUCTION FISHING BASS HULLS, SAME HULLS, SAME SETUP EVEN SAME JACKPLATES AND LAYOUTS, AND WHEN FACTORY RIGGED WITH FACTORY PROPS, THAT THEIR CAN BE A 3-4 MPH DIFFERENCE, AND THIS COMES FROM A GUY THAT IS PRETTY MERC LOYAL,im not trying to pour salt in any wounds, just asking cause i saw on other sites that 3-4 mph is a huge difference when we are talking 79mph to 82-84mph, or better yet 82mph to 85mph, im just trying to learn and let certain folks know that their are alternatives for production performance, im gonna hopefully meet up with one of the members here in my home town THREE LAKES, WI, and see these hydrostreams and other perf hull take to the lake, it should be killer, i will post some real numbers on our 2008 BASS CAT COUGAR FTD DUAL CONSOLE, BOTH TOURNAMENT RIGGED AND LIGHT, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN IT SOON, WERE TRYING A 25P RAKER 2, WE ALSO HAVE IN OUR STOCK PILE A 26P RAKER 2 AND SEVERAL 4 BLADE TORWUE HULLS, BUT THIS IS OUR FIRST PERF TYPE OF HULL, I KNOW ITS NO ALLISON OR BULLET BUT ITS WAY BEYOND A R OR S BRAND, IT SHOULD BE PRETTY COOL, BRANNON

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run an E-tec on a Stroker and the mounts and gearcase really take away from the boats handling in a huge way. Does the motor make hp? Ya, but there is more to an outboard than just the powerhead. There is no way I am going to spend ????thousands of dollars on a new outboard and void the 3-year warrenty by changing motor mounts and welding a nosecone on the gearcase. Why would I, when I can buy it from Mercury, built that way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ccm.

I can't see why you would be worry about voiding a warranty when you have never had one with Mercury anyway??!! Or customer service.
    And we won't talk about price!

Down here in Aus we sort things out issues ourselves.Here pictured is an aussie solid top engine mount from Ace Racing.6000 series Ali CNC machined.$200AUS Coupled with one of Waynes mids the mounting issue is no more.

Only finished this one last night, its getting a 300HO powerhead and the new Lightning gearcase.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mid 002.jpg   Mid 003.jpg  
    Last edited by twig; 03-28-2008 at 07:36 PM.
    Twig.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast