Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    I have driven plenty of boats with ETEC motors. I'm not a know it all although evidently you perceive me as such. I don't believe in the product given my experience with it. Therefor I post accordingly.

In retrospect I suppose I should've chosen a more delicate means of expressing my opinion, since it's obvious that there are several members here that can't handle harsh criticism of a product they religiously believe in.

My apologies kids.
    I and I'm sure several others perceive you as a know-it-all because of your initial post on this thread. Opti's had more problems with them when they first came out than Etechs. You don't remember the class action lawsuit against Mercury do you? What do you think about Mercury's warrenty in regards to racing? There is no warrenty if it used for racing and Evinrude stands behind their's no matter what. And for the record I don't own an Evinrude, I own a Merc. This would never have started if you could have voiced your opinion without bashing a brand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Who's the know-it-all?

Is the orginator of this thread really looking for help? His topic and last comment say otherwise, I don't think I started the brand bashing only contributed to it.

I'm done, you can have the last word if it really makes you feel better.... Go ahead.
    Last edited by Trippin; 02-17-2008 at 09:52 PM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 302w View Post
    I and I'm sure several others perceive you as a know-it-all because of your initial post on this thread. Opti's had more problems with them when they first came out than Etechs. You don't remember the class action lawsuit against Mercury do you? What do you think about Mercury's warrenty in regards to racing? There is no warrenty if it used for racing and Evinrude stands behind their's no matter what. And for the record I don't own an Evinrude, I own a Merc. This would never have started if you could have voiced your opinion without bashing a brand.
    What if his opinion is a certain brand sucks?
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's fine

Quote Originally Posted by NNT View Post
    What if his opinion is a certain brand sucks?
    That's perfectly fine. It's your God given right to say what you think, but start a new thread instead of hijacking a post where someone is looking for help. JMO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 302w View Post
    That's perfectly fine. It's your God given right to say what you think, but start a new thread instead of hijacking a post where someone is looking for help. JMO

agreed
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow that got interesing, i do like the e tce, the first power head was a long block from brp saw crate, back on water in 5 days , no cost no breakin nesasary, the second was a short block, saw crate from brp, back on water 7 days no charge , but enging was not broke in not pre run . now have the 2008 long block new injectors and all no breakin nesasary , the enine is always warmed up 10 plus minutes is cold weather, fuel could be a probem every time i have had problems i got fuel at citco, 87 that has ethenal, also cold weather every time, i am using the xd 100, oil lines are ok, there are no codes, the owners manual says no waranty for racing, i have not heard the results of the cause of falure, just the same piston both times, so when weather breaks i will put fresh fuel 87 octane, check batery conection, and run it hard,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kewl...............

good luck, i just wonder if there was an injector problem, guess ull find out,and i know, omg an injector failure, oh well crap happens

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with CITGO has never been a good one. It is my opinion that you should change your provider to Exxon/Mobil, or Shell and use 93 octane fuel. Sunoco is bad about additives so stay away from them too.

Now I know that statement will cause another debate, but in my experience there is a difference in performance, reliability and longevity if one uses a higher grade fuel, and the regular use of a quality decarbonizer.
    Last edited by Trippin; 02-19-2008 at 05:50 PM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no arguement at all, i completely agree........

i try makin all my customers use 93, i had a motor go 3 minutes after he filled with citgo,detonated,never had a problem with it before that,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree about the fuel, but brp does not have any recomendations exept minimum of 87 octane

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and most on water fuel is verry poor quality, a lot of people get that fuel, the marina by me uses it in ther jetski and boat rentals

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The optimax motors have too much stuff to break. You can blow a reed on the air compressor even. 6 air injectors at 250 a pop. My brother has a 250XS and wishes he would have kept his 225 promax. You can't get replacment sleeves or the pistons for the high preformance models. He found that out when a customer brought a 250XS in that cold seized from hitting wodd and sticking the thermostate open.If you run out of warranty your screwed. A power head is like $7700. They also stink when running like a old car with a overheating converter from a lean condition.
    Last edited by brotherxb03; 02-21-2008 at 01:52 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i figured out whats hapening, because of load eqipment live well, at wot the engine wont trim up that extra little bit, i trimed up to max at wot, yesterday, then backed dowm trimed up a little more then went wot, an got up to 48 mph 5100rpm, were be fore it would only go 41 mph 5100 rpm, so this tells me i need a jack plate, motors is too deep,not a prop change, i am using a cyclone 14-1/4 x 19, 4 blade, i could use more rpm ,but a prop change will slow me down

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my opinion that you should delete 2 of your 5 batteries, Take the two best deep cycle batteries you have and relocate them to a compartment in the front of the boat, if they are not there already, dedicate them as your trolling motor batteries and leave 1 battery in the stern for starting. I would suggest that you completely isolate the trolling batteries from the starting system. Charge them seperately or on a 3 bank charger. We want a little more weight distribution. Put your live well(s) on the trolling batteries and install a livewell timer to reduce consumption. I would do these things before investing in the jack plate. But more than likely you will benefit from the jack plate anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the post, 4 of 5 batteries are in the front, that is temp until i get the new optima ones 2, othe other is a marine cranking in rear, trolling bateries are isolated, timer already there for live well,i have 2 seperate chargers 1, 2 bank front, 1, 2 bank rear, thanks

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast