Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face running update

well got some advice for the 75 horse chrysler and the concensus was the carbs need cleaning, then i started reading posts about boyensen reeds,so i figured while i am there already go ahead and put some in.well did a compression check first 60lbs. on all 3 cylinders,not what i had hoped.but removed and cleaned carbs then removed intake and reeds.from a suggestion from this board i held it up at the sun 6 to 8 reeds have light under them,some feel weak some feel strong so the new ones will go in.i plan on a compression check after to see if it improves.if it does not what else can i do to increase the comp? it looks like it has been apart not to long ago on the cylinder side but the intake has never been off. alot of people suggest cutting the head. can any machine shop do this?and how much do you take off? thanks for your help.Jim King

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It is fine as a stock skiing and pleasure motor, but I'd suggest trading it for a 75hp OMC rather than spending a dime on any hop up on it. It is just not a candidate for hop up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mark75h, thanks for the reply,it is just fishing and pleasure and all i have and can afford right now.if things work out maybe this winter a new motor, but i need to find out my boats hp rating. it is not on the tag in the glove box.take care.Jim King