Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What dyno was the motor on for 274hp? Was it just powerhead or through the prop?

Ralph Musser
    27' Fountain Fever W/ 525SC
    22' Rapid Craft W/ Evinrude 300 V8 January 2009 BOAT OF THE MONTH SOLD
    24' Triton 240 Gold W/ Mercury 60
    14' Royalcraft W/ Evinrude 75 father/daughter project

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    its the 250ho etceckk... its gotta be prop thats been how they rate outboards since the early 80s. racer ran a 225 on his powerhead dyno and it put out 300ftlbs under 4k rpm
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Sam, I REALLY Suggest you don’t take everyone for Idiots. As far as Blarney goes, their have been times I have been on the dock a few feet away from you and you don’t even acknowledge, and even more times when you problably never knew I was around. I have been on the island more times than I care to remember starting in 1987.
    I would love to tech but I live 92 miles from port O blarney and my work schedule for the last 17 years changes daily and involves Travel threw out the US.
    Don’t worry about who I know or talk to. Worry about yourself causing problems for everyone trying to race. Your much much better when you stay on one side of the fence. Stay with your strengths.
    Finally that picture doesn’t tell me much of anything other than it’s yet another blown merc.
    2006 Action Marine Comp
    1980 Ventrua 2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    its the 250ho etceckk... its gotta be prop thats been how they rate outboards since the early 80s. racer ran a 225 on his powerhead dyno and it put out 300ftlbs under 4k rpm
    Yes I know how they rate them since 1985 but the 225 could very well put out 274 at the powerhead. I think the 250HO is putting out 270 through the prop.

Ralph Musser
    27' Fountain Fever W/ 525SC
    22' Rapid Craft W/ Evinrude 300 V8 January 2009 BOAT OF THE MONTH SOLD
    24' Triton 240 Gold W/ Mercury 60
    14' Royalcraft W/ Evinrude 75 father/daughter project

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverratt View Post
    Yes I know how they rate them since 1985 but the 225 could very well put out 274 at the power head. I think the 250HO is putting out 270 through the prop.
    your right thats what im talkin about suppose ably the 250HO etec is puttin out 274hp at the prop
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an idea Chris. I'll put my money where my post is.....I'll pay your gas money for you to come down to my house and see for yourself that I'm not running Wizard pistons in my ProMax. I'll give you $50 to come on down as long as you promise to come back on here and admit you were wrong. Wizards are great pistons, but I don't have a set in my 225.

If you don't want to make the trip, I'll take the head off my motor and photograph some item that you want next to my .015" over ProMarine cast pistons. I'm dying to prove my innocence so to speak, so feel free to name an item - any item (newspaper with a set date, red pen, blue piece of paper - whatever you'd like) and I'll take a picture of it so you can see that I'm not running Wizard pistons. What proof do you have that I'm running Wizards? I can at least prove that I have ProMarine pistons in it.

If you think I was blowing you off, I assure you I wasn't. If you saw me there, you saw that my evening consisted of getting there, racing, checking out the first place boat and then putting up with a bunch of arguments. I was extremely busy. I don't remember you ever walking up and saying Hi. I certainly would have chatted with you had you done that. As Brett can attest to, I have a lot of responsibilities out there (because I can't get anybody to help) so it's not exactly a great opportunity for me to sit and relax. That's why I don't want to do it anymore...plus to avoid all this crap.

As for the dyno question, I'm sure it was on BRP's dyno since that's where the motor came from. I was told it makes 274 at the prop.
    Last edited by Sam Baker; 01-31-2008 at 12:57 PM.
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8