Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMC V4 Crossflow Recirculation Valves

I am doing the winter check of my 1987 Johnson 110. Thanks to this forum I picked up some intake stuffers and just completed their installation. Before I put the carbs back on, I checked the recirculation valves. I blow through the hoses attached to the Bypass covers and can blow air and suck air, with some restriction, through both valves.
    <O
    After I savored the fine taste of aged fuel in my mouth, I moved to the valve at the main bearing. Same result, can blow and suck with some restriction. <O
    <O
    I then moved to the valves on the intake. Same result on 3 of the 4 valves. Can blow and suck some air with some restriction. On the 4th valve I cannot blow or suck air.

<OWhat result should I get when I do these tests? The manual states that I should be able to suck air through the valve, but not push or blow air through the valve. The manual actually tests with a iso acolol and a syringe. I did not have any on had so I used the blow and suck technique (Easy guys, No comments on the technique)<O
    <O
    Based on the results what do you all think I should do?<O
    Do nothing, Leave it be because it won't change how it is running.<O
    Clean the recirculation valves.<O
    Buy new recirculation valves.<O<O

Thanks in advance for the advice
    Bang!<O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recirc Check valves

I had the same problem with my 235 crossflow 5 years ago, Hole shot was poor as well. I replaced all of them and it solved the poor hole shot and motor stall on take off. If a few are bad its only a matter of time before the rest fail. I would replace all of them at the same time and then you wont have to taste fuel again for quite a while plus you have easy access to them with the carbs off. For the approx 6.35 ea it beats having trouble on the lake.

I can try to find the P/N if you need it I am not sure if the v4 uses the same P/N but I bet it does.
    Last edited by SRP71; 01-15-2008 at 11:26 PM.
    LaveyCraft
    235 Evinrude Crossflow