Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the above web site...

Special Introductory Pricing starting at $299,000.00 with base Merc Cruiser package
    Nice looking boat, but $300K for the "base" model?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra1racer View Post
    Advantage of a jet boat: Well they are very, um. And then there very easy on, um. And if the headers are exposed the insurance is, um. Don't for get about the bildge full of, um. Changing impellers is, um. And the weight to hp ratio is, um. They can shoot a rooster.
    Well not everything is false in there. It is harder than hell to insure an Old school jet boat. Yea a little more care must be taken when slowing down, the wake will come up and drowned your motor! Little to no reverse, not really great on "tubeing" (jet wash) some/most can not ski behind a jet boat. Wont have the Capicity (people) that the newer boats have.

but there good boats! Heres mine...

Also can someone tell me why people always want to touch or grab the friggen headers?

Eventually I am going to sell her. I want more of an everyday boat i.e sanger, malibu, etc.

I have also owned a Vdrive Flat bottom but didnt like it one bit. UN-stable IMO and it broke alot more than the jet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Btnhtillidie View Post
    Well not everything is false in there. It is harder than hell to insure an Old school jet boat. Yea a little more care must be taken when slowing down, the wake will come up and drowned your motor! Little to no reverse, not really great on "tubeing" (jet wash) some/most can not ski behind a jet boat. Wont have the Capicity (people) that the newer boats have.

Wouldn't that be more the design of the boat rather than the fact that it is powered by a jet?

I've pulled two skiiers at 55mph with 260hp in mine. Even with a single skier or ski biscuit we just let out about another 10' of tow rope.

Reverse, Have you tried using the HTR II on 'Turbine / Berkely? or ever driven a boat with an Hamilton Jet HJ212? Have pulled the reverse bucket down on one of these and buried the nose so far under I had a good 12" of green water comming over the screen... That's stopping power!!

Power to weight ratio? The new LS376/515 will weigh in at about 460lbs with wet exhaust manifolds (alloy), starter and alternator, and they make 515hp!! That's 1.12hp per lb!!! Even with the jet weighing in at about 130lbs that makes the power to weight 0.87hp/lb!!! Factory crate engine from GM!!

Why is the bilge full? Maybe some maintenance is in order?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 44.jpg   51.JPG   54.jpg  
    Last edited by speedboats; 03-22-2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: add pic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the problem, half the people commenting on so called "jet boats" are talking about boats that were built and designed 20 or more years ago. Of course they compare them to modern outboards and sterndrives!

Go look at what was available in that type of boat of the same era and then the conversation will be even more amusing

Modern jetboats are far more efficient and practical than the stuff most people are familair with when one says "jet boat".....

"If you ain't hittin bottom.....you ain't jetboatin!"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pull a skier with any of the boats listed above,how many people are so good that it makes a difference,its a rope in youre hands going (x)mph.I grew up on 1 ski and have been behind every kinda boat possible they all work! some better than others,best tow i`ve ever had was a early 60`s flatbottom v-drive there was no wake,at the time i owned a Malibu skier tournament boat and thought that was the holy grail, wrong! bottom line if it has enough grunt its going to work for 99% of the people out there.YOU NEED A GOOD DRIVER!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats up with you outboard guys,why so defensive?every time someone poses a question in this section you attack,WTF,i realize this is primarily an outboard site but it does say (jets and v-drives).This outta piss you off,pretend you're at the sandbar and some young hottie wants a ride so she gets in and looks at the motor and says "is that the fridge" and you say no honey thats the motor and then you start it up and she goes KEWL it sounds just like my Kia after my ex-boyfriend hung that muffler thingy off the back.Before you go hating on me i currently own a v-drive and a outboard boat,love em both!My previous boat was a jet and i would happily own another version of all three.I guarantee if we crossed paths at the sandbar we would end up chatting boats and having a good time and if not stay home you're F`n up the spirit of boating
    Last edited by pancho; 03-28-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am getting a kona jet with a 455 this weekend and i cant wait. and why people wanna touch your headers i dont get either my gf thought it was pretty purple on my pipes on my softail after a hour ride doing wheelies and racing around and fried her fingers it was hilarious

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clueless--looks like the testosterone is flowing on most of the later posts to [your question???]depending on what you want in a jet boat,personally I love mine.It"s not necessarily a go balls to the wall boat.It's a deep vee,exhausts under water,& more family friendly.great for fishing cause I can go shallower than a outboard or I/O.most of them need about 30" or so of water.mine only needs about 12" or less. jets ain't just for racin'.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4