Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honda, Suzuki, Mercury, Nissan 25hp 4stroke

I am about to buy a new 25hp 4 stroke outboard for my Sea Hunt 220 as a kicker and on a 16ft aluminum duck boat. I want your opinions please. I have been looking hard at the Nissan, it has EFI which is batteryless to start engine. Does anyone had a Nissan before.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nissan and merc are basically 1 in the same...... so if you have good parts availability through a merc dealer the nissan will do fine.... the little for strokes for merc are a joint venture between merc and Nissan/tihatsu... the nissan brand will be a bit cheeper initially... but if parts availability isnt there they may not be your best choice... but most merc dealers can get you the parts you need under a 25 HP serial number of their own motors.. hondas make a 20.. not sure if they still do the 3 cyl 25 or not... havent looked in that HP range since 2005.. but they are always runners and make good kickers.. but for a kicker they tend to idle to fast if you need slow speed trolling...

Another option is a yamaha.... they make great kicker motors.... we have 2 years on ours and havent had to touch it at all... only anual oil changes..

if you like the battery less EFI the merc/nissan/tiahtsu is about your only option there..

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...