Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation 800lb 300hp Yamaha

Holy cow, Yamaha is making their new 300hp from the 350hp V8:

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/c...cm:26-11949-32

Yamaha unveils its new F300 at Genoa Boat Show
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 510px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=580>
    <TABLE style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=caption>F300 unveiled at Genoa Boat Show</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=caption>Offshore boats have another new V8 hero!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Offshore boats have another new V8 hero!

Following hard on the heels of the ‘world-first’ launch of the V8-powered F350 earlier this year, Yamaha has announced the arrival of yet another supremely powerful 4-stroke outboard in the stylish shape of the new F300.
    The magnificent F350 and F300, the latter being shown for the first time at the Genoa boat show, are not only the most powerful 4-stroke outboards ever created, but also the first-ever 4-stroke V8 units. Designed primarily to satisfy the growing demand for light, compact, space-saving engines to power the larger breed of offshore boats, until now the usual territory of inboard and sterndrive units, these advanced powerhouses from Yamaha have already created huge interest and are making a big impact on the choice of power for a great number of boats around the world.
    The F300 has been introduced especially to suit the significant number of boats with a maximum power limit of 300 or 600 horsepower, for which the massive torque of the F350 may simply be too powerful. Available for single or twin installation, the F300 ‘bridges the gap’ perfectly for owners of these boats and offers them the very latest technology and sophisticated electronic control systems that are such impressive features of this advanced new V8-engined series from Yamaha.
    New levels of reliability, even by Yamaha’s advanced standards, are built into these new engines. Like its F350 big brother, the F300 features the most advanced 4-stroke technology ever to hit the water, including an innovative in-bankTM exhaust system which allows the engine - despite its phenomenal power - to be very compact in shape and design, Variable Camshaft Timing, dimpled outer cylinder sleeves to reduce oil consumption and ionic combustion sensors that constantly monitor combustion conditions and adjust spark timing.
    The command and control systems of the F300 are very sophisticated indeed, with Yamaha’s digital electronic control system masterminding everything from the smooth, easy ‘fly-by-wire’ electronic throttle and shift controls to the automatic multi-engine synchronisation and the leading-edge package of driver information provided by Yamaha’s new line-up of Digital Network Gauges.
    Durability too, is further improved by a unique protection package that has no equal in outboard history. The new Enhanced Ultimate Corrosion Protection System of the F300, like the F350, includes additional sacrificial anodes, new-generation materials technology for the head gaskets and a very innovative internal paint process – not to mention the multi-coating external paint treatments that are renowned for keeping Yamaha engines looking so clean and smart throughout their long lives of service.
    All in all, a remarkable new V8-powered 4-stroke outboard from Yamaha, that is sure to quickly become another hero to owners of offshore boats.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    22' Activator w/ 250xs Merc Opti, back home again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emphasis on the cow part, lol! Why would they create a 820 lb 300 when Merc has a 510 and 640 lb 300, Suzuki a 610 lb 300 and now BRP with a 525 lb 300? I'm sure it didn't cost much to produce, but I would expect more from Yamaha...if they tweaked the F250 to 300, then they would have something!
    Sundance Marine

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if they tweaked the F250 to 300, then they would have something!
    they would need to make a real 250 first

congrats to yamaha on their first REAL 300
    for which the massive torque of the F350 may simply be too powerful
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats the biggest load of BS i've heard since 150istoomuch said he ran 90mph at the rally!
    Last edited by 1BadAction; 10-10-2007 at 01:58 PM.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny stuff Jim

Massive Torque? or Massive Weight?

Which is more likely to rip the transom off, me thinks weight
    22' Activator w/ 250xs Merc Opti, back home again

Rusrog Guest

You guys kill me...

The F-series motors were not designed to compete with the 2-strokes they were designed to compete with the Verado... Whose ass it should kick with out much trouble. I didn't think they would go for a 300 after teh release of the 350 but they didn't ask me sooooo.

Just compare apples to apples. the Verado is just as heavy and it has proven to not be much of a performer. But then... neither one was designed to be a bass boat motor. More of a tug boat motor...

Russ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that it is very large for 300hp compared to its competition, but it has loads of torgue which it what it is designed for. As for the F250 I would love to see a real world test against the verado and etec. I think it would surprise everyone.
    Fellow G-Man of the Sunshine Syndicate-Dixie Wrecked Chaptor..
    We Put The F. U. in FUN
    94 17MA Maverick 115 Yamaha
    2006 Mustang GT, with a belt driven air cleaner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VectorPat View Post
    I agree that it is very large for 300hp compared to its competition, but it has loads of torgue which it what it is designed for. As for the F250 I would love to see a real world test against the verado and etec. I think it would surprise everyone.
    Where are the "loads of torque" specs?
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusrog View Post
    The F-series motors were not designed to compete with the 2-strokes they were designed to compete with the Verado... Whose ass it should kick with out much trouble. I didn't think they would go for a 300 after teh release of the 350 but they didn't ask me sooooo.

Just compare apples to apples. the Verado is just as heavy and it has proven to not be much of a performer. But then... neither one was designed to be a bass boat motor. More of a tug boat motor...

Russ
    BWAHAHAHAHA yea, only in your dream land is 615lbs the same as 850. "whos ass it should kick" hahaha. more of your dream land stuff, wake up dude, its just another car motor turned on its end. If all these other companies would start designing OUTBOARDS instead of slapping some poorly engineered conglomeration of car parts together, they might have something. then again, that would require them to care about the market instead of the bottom dollar. I'm sure you would see that if you werent so blinded with merc hatred.

ps- still waiting on pics of "all those broken pivot mounts" you guys always talk about. ROFLMAO

Rusrog Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHA yea, only in your dream land is 615lbs the same as 850. "whos ass it should kick" hahaha. more of your dream land stuff, wake up dude, its just another car motor turned on its end. If all these other companies would start designing OUTBOARDS instead of slapping some poorly engineered conglomeration of car parts together, they might have something. then again, that would require them to care about the market instead of the bottom dollar. I'm sure you would see that if you werent so blinded with merc hatred.

ps- still waiting on pics of "all those broken pivot mounts" you guys always talk about. ROFLMAO

It's not that I hate Mercree... I think they make a fine 2stroke and I still think the 2.5 series engines are as fine a motor as has been built. My problem is with their management and their pricing. It's gone ridiculous and they have forgotten what got them to the top.

And I'll admit that I made a mistake on the weight of the Merc. I thought the Verado was closer to 700#'s. I don't know everything yet.. But maybe someday I'll be like you. I can only hope not.

What I will say is that if I'm going offshore in a big boat... And I've got the option of a 158cid blown in-line six or a 32? V-8... Guess what I want to rely on. Yeah... they essentially did stand a truck motor on end. I bet it works like a champ too. The 350 Yamaha was designed for the guy who wants to dump one of his three 250's and still not lose any power. Do the math. It works out. The release of the 300 is a bit mystery to me but then again, that's not my type of motor and it's not designed for my type of boat so in all reality, it just doesn't matter either way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Talking

I don't know everything yet.. But maybe someday I'll be like you.
    I try.

If you wanna be like me just drink a load of Jagermeister, tell people the bold ass truth even if it pisses them off, and get the sand out of your pussy. I can even make you a certificate of achievement or something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try.

I can even make you a certificate of achievement or something.

Now thats going the extra mile
    I did not so recieve it, nor shall I empart it!

Got MERC ?

www.lakemurraypowerboats.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

F300

Designed primarily to satisfy the growing demand for light, compact, space-saving engines
    the author of that article must do standup on is down time

i guess yamaha truley gave up on the 3.3 2stroke 250/300s Pussies
    Last edited by baja200merk; 10-11-2007 at 10:12 AM.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Rusrog Guest

Thumbs up

I can even make you a certificate of achievement or something.
    Cool. Make me one up so I can have something to hang in the back of the urinal. I'll give it it's due respect. Be sure and sign it for me.

Russ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here ya go Russrog, just for you

I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)