21' Cougar trade for Center console or Bass...

Let me start by saying right off that im not sure I want to part with this. My wife and kids hate it and want something that I can take them out fishing in. What we have here is a 1987 21' Cougar with a 1987 Mod VP Merc. I picked this up 3 months ago from the original owner. According to him it has less than 50 hours since new. Now I dont have a GPS but was told it runs 92mph and it feels like that could be true. The engine has never been opened up and is cherry with no corrosion what so ever. Until I got it, the boat lived on a trailer at a lake front house in Orlando. The owner only spent a month or two a yesr here and spent most of his time in England. I have had it 3 months and have used it only once. I ran it in salt water for the first and only time ever. Afterward I rinsed the boat and motor for an hour to be sure it was salt free. The boat is 100% solid. The gelcoat is probably around a 7-8 on a scale of 1-10. It still retains a shine and draws a crowd at the ramp but has some minor issues. The front buckets have been changed and are nice. The rear seat and deck is original and although has no rips, it is faded and could use a face lift. The gauges are all due for a change and the tach is not working.. Has a land and sea hydrauilc jack plate. The motor is an original Mod VP out of canada (as was the boat) and was told that the canadian motors were rated at 262 hp. Has a CLE lower. Its swings a 28 mach1 with ease and was used by the old owner for skiing and tubing. If I keep it I will try a 30 et. The trailer is a tandem axle with brakes and although it tows fine, its butt ugly. I have a hustler single axle that I might be setting up for the boat that is in beautiful shape. I would be glad to demo for anyone with true interest. Again im not sure I want to get rid of the boat. If I do then I would prefer to trade for a center console or possibly even a decent bass boat. Im not going to give it away and really dont need the cash (cause the wife will take it) so a trade would be my first choice. Ray
    Some days it's hardly worth chewin through the restraints!

nice boat and they ride great.
    19' STV euro
    24' Baja 232
    22' Talon with 670hp sold
    22' Baja Hammer sold
    25' Talon sold
    19' euroski sold
    22' Talon sold
    21' skater sold
    21' cougar MTR sold
    21' talon sold

Don't sell it

5 times you either say you don't want to sell it or your not selling it. A bit of advice if you think anybody is going to break your door down to buy it, Think again!! So keep it. You don't need the money right!! So buy a Bass boat and keep both.
    I love guy's like you who come on this site and make it seem like you are loosing you best friend!! If you want to sell your boat list what it has and post a price!! I am sure we are all trembling waiting for your decision

Scew you

Ass wipe! Mind you god damn business. I dont take **** from some NY assface that doesnt know how to drive a cat and blames everyone around him when he stuffs it. Find another post greaseball! Go back to doing what you do best and fraud another insurance company. I wrote what I feel. If I find someone looking to make a deal then great. If not then I will redo the boat over the winter and play with it next season. Why should that offend you? Freakin dip****!

Perhaps we could work something out?

Note: The engine has been painted and the boat has been buffed since this pic.
    Last edited by Checkmate2.5; 09-16-2007 at 08:43 PM.
    21' Rally Sport-3.6gt 300 Johnson
    17' Sutphen Sport Pacer-90 Evinrude

My Boat Album

florida guy's

You Florida guy's I just like bustin your chops a little !! Obviously it works!! Good luck with you sale or what ever you decide to do. I t is a beautiful boat
    Anthony (your friendly neighbor up North)

price

I think I missed the selling price

Price?

I honestly dont know what its worth. I just threw this out there figuring someone might be running around in a center console or bass boat that is looking to go fast. Ray

ttt

Bump.....

Trade for a bass boat

When you do the light restoration work you already want to this winter just add a trolling motor and removable pedestal seat Bass boat conversion!
    Use the drink cooler after its empty for a live well
    Good looking boat you'll hate yourself if you sell it.
    1994 hand layed Lazer MTV 18'
    1977 Rayson Craft Flat Bottom 18' FE428 thumper

Check Out My Skeeter For Sale!

I'll Make You A Sweet Deal If You Want To Buy A Nice Bassboat With Plenty Of Room For The Family.

I Have A 1994 Skeeter 200zx 21ft
    200 Efi Mercury Relieved Exhaust With Tuner
    Tandem Trailer
    New Seats, Carpet, And Graph
    85 Lbs Motor Guide

Fast And Loud Runs Awesome True Mid 70's

Let Me Know If Your Intersted

Thanks Brandon Love The Cougar

My Guess Its Worth What You Willing To Let It Go For.!!!!

12. Bass Boat Tunnel Hull.

E-mail me for pics and I can show you what one looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by speedaholic View Post
    Ass wipe! Mind you god damn business. I dont take **** from some NY assface that doesnt know how to drive a cat and blames everyone around him when he stuffs it. Find another post greaseball! Go back to doing what you do best and fraud another insurance company. I wrote what I feel. If I find someone looking to make a deal then great. If not then I will redo the boat over the winter and play with it next season. Why should that offend you? Freakin dip****!
    hell yea! i agree with ya nice boat anyways.