Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks kracker...i'm trying to whip her into shape. the jet is fun to play with and nostalgic as well. but i'm sure she would absolutely fly with an outdrive instead. you have a spoiler as well?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i do...i bought mine off ebay for 250 buck like a year ago..it didnt have a motor or interior but it did come with a fresh pump....ive got me a motor i might use in it and my girlfriends mom is going to do all the interior for me...as soon as i get it painted lol....what size motor are u using?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everybody, I just got myself a 1974 Wriedt spoiler with a seized olds 455. Found it in a field under 3 feet of snow and a Horse turd on the bow, gave 300.00,I let the guy keep the turd.Did I do ok on the purchuse?
    Last edited by little coin; 01-14-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by little coin View Post
    Hi Everybody, I just got myself a 1974 Wriedt spoiler with a seized olds 455. Found it in a field under 3 feet of snow and a Horse turd on the bow, gave 300.00,I let the guy keep the turd.Did I do ok on the purchuse?
    you mean you let him keep the 455 olds?

Just kidding, sounds good if the hull bottom is ok and the stringers are not rotted.

A picture says allot, post some up for us to see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have any pics yet,to be onest with you not sure how to post them, I'll get my Wife to help me. The hull looks good but I'm not sure what you mean by stringers?? The windsheild is broke, are they still avavable and how much?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all my Wriedt boaters. I found mine for 250.00 a couple years ago sat for 15 years or so frost plugs were out put in rubber ones used it a couple times ran good comp.was down so i pulled the motor for a rebuild. seats were rotted. Made some bases and used Hyrdostream front seats made some side bases and seat tops. Motor back in for the 09 season. Runs great fun as hell!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ready to run.jpg   at the dock.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what ever happened to your spoiler? did you bring her back to life?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, well,well, after a long hiatus I'm back. Life kicked in and it took me away from my project for a while. I'm sure you all know how that goes. I sure do appreciate all the pictures that are buried in this post. There are some good looking boats out there. I started working on replacing the floor in September of 09, and here it is 2012. I guess all that matters, is that I'm back, and seem to be on track. Update: wow the floor was really in bad shape. When I got it up there was a mixture of oil and water in the bottom of the boat, and a 55 gallon drum of what appeared to be some sort of A/B foam that was soaked.I'll bet the boat lost 100 pounds of dead wait. So as you can see, The new beam is in and I even added a stringer or two for a little added floor support.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0454.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	265576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0456.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	265577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0458.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	265579
    Last edited by nighttrain1017; 10-08-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the note inside the hull, Some day some body will get a kick!
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, I couldn't resist the note. I thought how cool would that be to find a scribble from the guy that originally laid the floor. If nothing else if my son grows into the boat, maybe he'll find it one day, and get a chuckle.

I noticed some discussion on wind shields. And I figured that they were made out of the element un-obtain-ium. I told Cole the other day when we remove mine to handle it like eggs. Mine has a good bit of crazing, and 15 years ago I took it to a shop for mirrored window tint. The tint worked well to cover the crazing, but the guy burned a spot on it about the size of a quarter trying to make the tint conform to the odd bends. Anyway, I peeled it off the other day because it had started lifting at the corners.

The wind shield is more of a water deflector in rough water, and you can't really look through it while under way.I was thinking about priming and painting the plexi gloss black to match the color scheme I have in my head. I was thinking that the primer and the paint would cover the crazing, and the burn spot would go away. Any thoughts out there on this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again my on again off again project is on. Ever seen a spoiler, upside down hanging in suspended animation.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130708_190757.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	278925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130708_190827.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	297.8 KB 
ID:	278927

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I jumped the gun a bit on showing the bottom, when I haven't shown the work on the top. Oh boy making progress.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0640.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	278930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0641.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	264.4 KB 
ID:	278931

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Nighttrain looking good , What did you do about the gas tank is it fiberglass or plastic glassed into place? how much do you think the hull weights?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey wriedt1. My boat still has the glassed in fiberglass tank from the factory installed. It's in pretty good shape for it's age, but it does have a small seep. Right now I'm not sure if it's anything to be concerned about. But,in the back of my mind I've thought about cutting it out, and just replacing it with a plastic tank.

And on to the hull. I didn't really realize how heavy the boat was until it was supported above the trailer. According to some information that I found on iboat the 16 ft spoiler weighs approximately 1780 pounds with an empty fuel tank and without any gear or passengers. The 19 ft spoiler, which is what I have weighs approximately 1900 pounds with an empty fuel tank and without any gear or passengers. Now subtract what a 455 weighs. I'm estimating 400. (did a quick search, and evidentally nobody knows.......) So I figure the way I have mine suspended it's right at 1500 pounds.

What's killing me now is the rub rail on the side of the boat. The original molding was really twisted, and I used the boat for several years with out it. (Not a good idea. A jet boat is not necessarily the most controlable thing in the water when approaching a boat slip with wakes from other boats around.) So I bought this rigid vinyl rubrail from Taco, and it looks good on the boat, however the end cap closeouts look like crap, and are just plain cheap looking. I may have to do some fabricating.

Are you working on one wriedt1?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still working on the old girl. Finally got her to put on a little make up.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0904.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	329.6 KB 
ID:	284042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0907.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	317.9 KB 
ID:	284043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130923_184842.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	296.0 KB 
ID:	284044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130923_184916.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	313.6 KB 
ID:	284045

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast