Glastron Molinari Restoration

I’m helping a friend restore a circa 69/70 Glastron Molinari and I need help form the community. We have loads of questions and could use some expert advice.

We are aiming to restore it “in the spirit” of the original with some realistic additions. It was originally fitted with an Evinrude 100. We have most of the components to recreate the engine, all be it as a 150. It has an authentic mid section, geared lower unit, pan and cover. However we are missing the engine cover gasket and need help identifying the original engine paint color. We could also use some insight into prop sizes.

I have a gazillions of questions regarding set-up. The boat was never equipped with power trim. While we want to stay true to the period, these suckers do go over. Consequently we are going to install trim. Does any one out there have a lead on an old OMC electric unit?

I have tons of questions regarding rigging. Gas tank size & fittings, gauges, steering, paint and decals all need to be sorted out. We would greatly appreciate any help you can provide, including pictures.

This is turning out to be an exciting project that we hope to get done in short order. Anything you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Scot Keller & Joe Schulte