Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay Scams

My wife makes a living on ebay.She does hundreds of transactions a month and you would be amazed at the FAKE emails she gets from ebay.There are ALOT of scammers out there.We have had fake emails from paypal & ebay requesting information they should already have-a dead give away.Anti-virus protection is a whole nother story.There are so many hackers,spyware & viruses out there its hard to keep up.I know that any antivirus program you get off the internet is old tech and is crap if you need real protection.The 2007 macafee antivirus propram that you BUY is so big that if your computer is 3 years old or older the program will shut it down.We use norton and have had zero problems but these are progams you have to buy and have to be repurchased and updated every year.I have a Dell that we bought in 2004 and Ive had to have 2 more memory sticks added so it can keep up.It now has 5 times the memory capacity it had new.The sad thing is this thing was "the $hit" when I bought it......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scams and traps

i don't blindly click 'offer boxs' or open emails i don't recognize. both times ebay notified me by shutting down my account. had to enter ebay, go thru security questions, and change my password. i was not sent an e mail by ebay, when i tried to log in, i was told my account had 'suspicious activity'. but only after i was on ebay's site. not saying it wasn't a 'fishing expedition', but it sure didn't seem to be. in communicating with ebay, the did what they did to protect me. until i tried to log in, the account was cut off. then, only after going through the security song and dance, did they tell me why. my pay pal account had been hacked 3 or 4 days earlier. ebay noticed unusual activity and moved to cover my ass! pay pal sure didn't make the first move. i still don't 100% buy into the theory that i was trapped or tricked, because of the way it went down-both times.since eliminating my pay pal account, i have had no more problems for 3 years. doesn't mean pay pal is to blame, just means i won't ever be their customer again. btw, since asking for a shipping address 3 weeks ago, NO BOAT! paul girard is a f***ing dead beat rip off.

AIRWALK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deals gone bad..... (first post)

I once bought a perfect switzer shooting star ...Agreed on a price with the owner and transaction method and he agreed to pull from Ebay. Sent the money order (still have it) the guy returned the moeny order because he sold it for more $ on E -bay I was willing to pay much more.... he set the price. It still stings today when I think about it...it was the nicest switzer I had ever found for sale. I have now found one but am looking for a vintage merc inline.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats why i only use paypal..... Ill be puting my local hobby shop site on here in oct. Have fun all you rc guys.

Blazer VLX150 w/ 225 Johnyrude
    Hydrostream Viper (sold)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0OA6oxZoTg
    Westwind mx15

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad ebayer

I know this is an old post but Ebay stinks they don't care if you get ripped off!
    I ordered a new Lews rod and it arrived late and the seller pulled some fishy stuff but a week later when i got it the trigger was broke off the handle, i cantacted him and he wanted me to epoxy it back on! He made no attempt to give a refund and later he contacted me cussing me out and calling me every name in the book and accused me of lying and trying to beat him?
    I left him a bad feedback and a few days later he called and left me a terrible cussing and threatening voicemail and a e-mail just like it.
    I contacted ebay because i looked at all his feedbacks and they were all good but if you went deeper some good feedbacks even said he was a threatening lunatic so they left good feedback on bad transactions so i told ebay this, they later removed my bad rating and cleared his name and i told them now he looks like a good seller but he is a crook! they still left him looking good!
    i contacted Lews who swapped it for a new rod and all is good and Lews was not even involved in the deal they just have a great customer support so buy thier products if you can. but never trust ebay!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An e-bay scam I haven't seen till recently. Son orders some fishing stuff from an e-bay seller. Uses pay pal. We get the stuff, think all is ok. Later, cabellas sends us a bill for the tackle. I guess the seller drop shipped to us from cabellas and used a phony/stolen credit card to pay them. They had no way to get their money and wanted us to pay or send back stuff. We called cabellas said no way, we paid, and contacted pay pal telling them the deal and have never heard from anyone since. Some people are just plain crooked.....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

7. Thanks CDave thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only buy if the seller has 100 percent feedback and takes paypal. I only sell to people who have feedback that's positive. I still run into issues from time to time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2