Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

current river rules 07

found this website that adresses some of new rules on current river in the ozarks of missouri. just thought some people would like to see it.

www.nps.gov/ozar/parkmgmt/rowdiness.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

If we all don't start voiceing our opinions the riverways will just be a walk-in area only! Lets don't let that happen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mercclassic View Post
    If we all don't start voiceing our opinions the riverways will just be a walk-in area only! Lets don't let that happen.
    we need to try to get a group started to do some sort of river cleanup or boating safety classes so that the riverways wouldn't be able to say the boats were the enemy. they're already not taking into account the thousands of dollars a year that we all spend in the communities to go to the river. they're looking at peple renting their 50 dollar canoe as being more profiatble for them. we need to do something though so we can keep ourselves on the river.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I completely agree. I've been told the major reason for these rules is not the boaters, but the canoers on the upper end, in the Akers-Round Springs area. I guess their gettin pretty wild up there. The idea about a river clean up is a good one, also on big weekends if there's a bunch of us on gravel bar lets make sure all the trash is picked up when we leave.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wild

yea, canoes that come down through that area are pretty wild and that's where most of the stuff gets started. I've heard the same thing that a lot of the rules were started for the canoes, but it wouldn't be a bad thing at all to clean up some stuff to keep us on the river and to keep it clean for when were there, just gotta get some people aboard and it would be pretty easy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to get something started. Just let me know what everybody wants to do. We have all talked about it all winter. We need a club or something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the current river jet boaters association calls it's first meeting to order, not quite yet but good kick for the name huh?. A trash clean up this summer would get a good start, and even if everyone cleans up their own gravel bars even if it's not their trash. would there be any legal stuff to go through to get a group like this started? I'll help out with this however much any needs, or if i could get some help I'd try to start it, try and talk to everyone from current river and find out what they think and let's try and stay on the river for a long time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YUP,they've exausted every other buisness opertunity

Quote Originally Posted by mercclassic View Post
    Make no mistake about it,there's mass employment oppertunities n another high employment money consumption buisness in their eye's,ANOTHER E.P.A.BRANCH,that the generall population is NOT willing to support with their fines n charity employment statis,F-you,these buisness oppertunities have already gotton EXTREMELY outta controll,it's not up to us no more,if theirs no employment for your kids no more then WEAR A JIMMY,ain't our fault all the fags descided to ship factory manufacturing overseas,hey, i got an idea,open a floating party hole in each cove,THERE'S a mass employment oppertunity.FAGS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good stuff

the jet boaters association should not only include current river, but other bodies of water as well. are there any lawyers out there willing to help get things started and organized?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if we could get it started, and there was a boating lawyer we had it would be a good thing. the main reason I said current river is because it's mainly the biggest regulated, and theres more of a chance the park service would give it to canoes. we need to get something started.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you guys remember their was a group about ten years ago when the 40 h.p. limit was brought in called "People for the West". I am not sure what happened to this group, but they did have trash clean-ups and group meetings. But, it is still our responsibility to make sure that we leave things as we found them and ry not to deface any public property that we have access to. Lets all set an example for people that come visit to do the same and make them all look up to us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interest.

I haven't posted on this forum for a long time, however, I like the tone of this present thread. If there is enough interest, likely 30 plus participants/boats, I would suggest doing a "trial" trash clean up from ONSR's start boundary above Van Buren, to Blue Springs. With thirty boats we could split the river up in 1/4 to 1/2 mile segments, spend the morning picking up all of the trash, cordinate with the park service for a pick-up at a designated location(s), and end with a gravel bar gathering in the evening to discuss further issues about the possibility of becoming an organized special interest body.

If you can combine acts of public service with political advocacy your voice will be heard louder when it becomes time to take a stand. Hence, if there is enough interest, there needs to be a public service wing to any organization which may stem from this thread.

If there is interest, I would volunteer some time to aid in getting this started. I know Andrew, Ben, Wade, Bub, and other up-stream boaters would get involved, unsure of the interest which may come from Van Buren, Winona and Eminence.

Do we have enough interest?

Christopher L. Yarbro
    Attorney at Law
    1165 Cherry St.
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    (573)686-2459
    Mercury Kid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a great Idea and a good way for it to be put togeather. I'll spread the word around about it and see what I can get stired up on my end up here. thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well ...........

count me in
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brian.jpg