Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as Tom, but most of all to Greg and his support groupe! If it wasn't for him keeping this site up and running, a LOT of the events we have things we buy--needed or not --we wouldn't find, and most of all FRIENDS we have made we mite not have ever met! Thanks to all! Mike T. BTW Foley what days?? We'll be there at least one maybe more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Personaly I got into performance boating completely by accident in the early 1990's. Just fooling around with some beater bass boat with a long time freind I grew up with . One thing led to another ,he went faster then me , then I went faster then him. Next thing we met a fellow out in Altoona,Fl. ( The Frabbot Family) and it was the begining of this whole thing we do today.Back then we did all our dealings on the phone,and met quiet a few of ya'll Scream and Fliers before I ever knew how to log in on a computer . In late 2003 , I was introduced to Scream and Fly ,and was what ya'll call a lurker for some time .I heard about some guys heading to Sanford through Wile E. Cyote and that's when I met Skip ,Brian ,Bobby and Randy for the first time.My first Scream and Fly event was Sunshine Syndicate End of Summer Blow Out .First ones in town for that event where the Mellon Bellies .Met these folks down at the hotel thursday before the Blow Out . Now look where we're at .Ever time we get togaither I meet more of ya'll from all parts of the southeast and beyond . Everybody I have met has been willing and helpful in many different ways ,so you see how it difficult to answer a thread like this.So here it is : Bill (wile e. cyote) lent me his boat for about a year and half ,while he repaired mine(replaced the entire deck and some structural repairs on the Mirage).Mark (slider) restored the GT20 (then sold it to me for much less the he bought it for )Robby ,let me use his Action Marine for about a year(when Ex wife stole my Mirage).Are you starting to see a pattern here ? Seems we've all got each others backs when we need some help, and when it's all good , It's One Hell of a PARTY !!!So THANKS SCREAM AND FLY ,and All The Great Members and Freinds !!! Rich Martin 018

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First of all a thanks to Greg for bringing this whole family together through the "most real web-site" i have ever been associated with

when the hurricanes nailed florida in 2004 my wife freaked out when the second one was on the way (francis) she started begging me to evacuate, i called instigator to see if we could come to his place, he said he wasnt going to be home, he was on a trip to ohio but we could stay at his house in ft meyers area even though he wasnt there now that was cool!!

action17 invited us to spend a weekend in the keys with his family at his dads keys house, what a memorable weekend with great folks

2 times instigator invited wendy and i to spend the weekend with them when they got a condo in the ft meyers area before he moved to florida, again, memorable weekends with great folks

my computer went to hell and shorepounder built me a new one, helped us move among other things that slip my mind at the moment

when i moved, Fish drove all the way from st pete area to lift furniture on a truck and drove all the way home in one night oh and cut his leg on my brothers trailer helping him load some stuff that night

vector pat and lamar took over the duties and spent money out of thier own pockets and had made the last syndicate shirts for the sanford blowout a few years back

so much had gone down over the years on S&F but thats what sticks out in my head at this moment
    Sunshine Syndicate Facebook link...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunsh...ref=ts&fref=ts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's a great start!

Quote Originally Posted by rossi
    Mark Casper of the Hydrostream Registry. I feel that him and Greg (S&F) started something here years ago that bloomed into what we have today. Ten years ago I had a million questions about Hydrostreams and performance boating and thanks to thier time and work it's at the push of a button. Also because of these two guys I have met some great people at the gatherings that I also look forward to hangin with this summer. Those are two guys that have done a good deed for all of us.
    If it wasn't for those two guys, my Vector never would have happened, SIX Rumbles wouldn't have happened...........................if someone would have told me 5 yrs ago I would be able to build my own motors to the level that "we" are......etc. (learned more in last 5 yrs than previous 30)

Then the people I've met.

One of my m,any trips to Fla I needed a place to stay. Bobby Pazos says "I'll put you up Brother". Never even met him before! I call when I'm close and Christon (sp?) picks up the phone (Bobbys Mrs) and I go "oop's, wonder if she knows what here husband did ".
    She says, "oh Hi, we've been expecting you. Come on!". Drank beer in their garage most of the night

Then their's Skip....never really had the space but never turned me/us away. Even when Slick the woonder dog was along.
    Ditto for Mr/Mrs Pounder!

One of those weekends we ended up at Bobby's dads place and spent the night listening to stories from one of the local legonds within the sport!

One of Skips trips to hang with us at a condo in Cape Coral when we got drunk and jumped off the balcony into the pool

Have gotten to be friends with the Worlds Fastest Man Mr Ken Warby due to this site.

Live in Florida (long time dream of mine) thanx to much help from many people on this site.

So much has happened in my life in last 5 yrs or so since stumbling on this site it would take mucho alcohal to even get started.

Way Cool.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fijjity was kind enough to send me some cowl wrap insulation, some decals and a piece for an old style Merc faceplate. Not only wouldn't he take any money for the stuff, he wouldn't take money for shipping either. Hopefully I can buy him a cold one some day.

Big Al is also a great guy, he has always answered any of my questions and offered to assist me in fixing some of the issues I have with my Carlson C500. Hopefully we can get all the things done before spring.

I have never seen such a great group of guys. Everyone seems willing to help as much as they can and never seem like they want anything in return other than having your boat perform, fixed or look the way you want. Thanks S&F, I hope to make a few of the events this year!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you

Rich
    Waxhaw, NC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, so many :P My uncle and my dad got me into the speed boating, back when i was 4 those two ( big D and my dad ) were running their allisons and lasers.. Guess who wasrunning in the allison :P Those two got e addicted to this money spending sport. Thanks to Brad for building us a strong and durible 260 ?I still don't think that they would expect to see 111 with it :P. Thanks for all of you that have helped me and my dad out with our boat or something else. And Sorry for not grabbing that block of wood Parker, i had to run quite a ways to get it :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading all the post and thinking about it I got a brain overload. Way to many people have helped me over the years. The part that got me hooked was the FL get together. Just got the boat. And we decided to make the 6 hour drive to the sunshine syndicate GTG. Did not know anyone from anyone. Was welcomed in with open arms and hearts. Had the slowest boat there but you would never be able to tell. Must of fit in well, ( love the cooking part) as I am still here and loving the site. Great group of people. First class all the way.
    Fellow G-Man,
    Sunshine Syndicate, Mid West Chapter

1975, 16' Checkmate Tri-mate 2.4 200+
    Currently undergoing overhaul.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

above and beyond

FISH (whom i had never met) once drove 90 miles each way to defend my dumb ass in court on some trumped up charges that florida fish and game had come up with when i blew over my hst.....he took time out of his busy schedule just cause he knew i was being railroaded....wouldn't accept any money....they had dropped most of the charges when we went to court but we didn't know that--and jody was there ready to go to bat for me......i will never forget this incident........thank you Jody and scream and fly for being there.................................................greg
    i love mercs---they taste like chicken

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this one still brings tears to jerrys eyes , jerry had a bad rash and phastboat came over and put cream on it ( wont say where it was ) he is a stand up guy ( and he had to stand up when he was done ) HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dont ever use apple drywall company on long island , they suck !!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wowjerry lol, you two hve fun? :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait till Phastboat hears about this.... someones gonna be getting a visit..... :
    1984 28 ghost twin 200 Yamah ProVs (SOLD)
    1997 21 Superboat Legend 250 VMAXXX (SOLD)
    2001 25 Concept CC 250EFI (SOLD)
    2002 24 Superboat Step 250EFI (SOLD)
    1997 21 Checkmate Pulsare 200EFI Merc (Beater Boat)(SOLD)
    1994 20 Hydrasport 225 Optimax (SOLD)
    1998 27 progression Twin 225 Mercs (SOLD)
    2005 23 Kryptonite 300 Promax (SOLD)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tem Him To Bring The Rash Cream , Jerrys A Little Itchy ...............
    dont ever use apple drywall company on long island , they suck !!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Another Thanks to Greg & Maureen!

I would like to thank the whole S&F community. Any time I have had a question about anything I have always received great information and help. This includes all the vendors, Jay Smith for one, who have always helped and some I have not even purchased anything from them.

Special thanks to Tony & Cathy for all the work they do putting on the Rumble. Also would like to thank Tony & Gary(Instigator) who helped me to really start drag racing at the Rumble. I never realized how fun it is until I ran at the Rumble my first time a few years ago. I was as green as they come and they showed me the ropes. Gary actually went out with me for my first couple grudge races.

Merry Christmas to Everyone
    Last edited by 95RapidRiot; 12-23-2006 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My big thank you goes to all the S&F members who let me bum rides off of them all season long while my broke azz doesnt have a boat.....

Phastboat
    Jerry
    T2x
    SUPERBASH
    Ronnie
    Vinnyr
    Scalywag
    Tux974
    Herb
    superbender
    Boatmender
    PitBull

and if i am leaving anyone out i apologize...without you all i wouldnt have been able to enjoy half of the events i have....
    Last edited by ghost28; 12-23-2006 at 09:11 AM.
    1984 28 ghost twin 200 Yamah ProVs (SOLD)
    1997 21 Superboat Legend 250 VMAXXX (SOLD)
    2001 25 Concept CC 250EFI (SOLD)
    2002 24 Superboat Step 250EFI (SOLD)
    1997 21 Checkmate Pulsare 200EFI Merc (Beater Boat)(SOLD)
    1994 20 Hydrasport 225 Optimax (SOLD)
    1998 27 progression Twin 225 Mercs (SOLD)
    2005 23 Kryptonite 300 Promax (SOLD)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lundy for helping row us in today after i broke a drive shaft :|

and also paul, airboater. For picking my dad and lundy up todayso e can go get the trucksand trailer
    Last edited by Little Jon; 12-23-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast