Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy 13B Rotary Outboard Project

Due to the worst business year ever for my restaurant, I have had to come to the regrettable conclusion that I can no longer continue with this project financially. To those who don't know what I'm talking about, a quick search on 13b rotary will explain everything.

To all those who showed interest, I thank you, as I still feel it was a great indevour, and it pains me to no end that I could not financially bring it to life.

As a result, I am willing to part with the moulds, drawings, bellhousings etc. and see someone else with the resources, imagination, and love for the sport bring it to reality. Anyone interested please feel free to contact me.

It looks like I will be out of boating all together for a while untill I can sort the financial mess I'm in.
    Last edited by Cobalti; 12-01-2006 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about this. I wish there were some way I could assist, even though I'm half a globe away. Good luck, your S&F family will always be here to support you
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow!

You are one of the true Inovators on this board that keep me geeked up!

One of the guys that after being told by all of the experts that your project won't work you say, "you may be right".

Then you head to the shop

Followed your project from day one and was really looking forward to seeing it come to life.

Sorry to hear of your troubled times in front of you.

Just remember that every time one door closes, another opens.
    I am absolute proof of that!

Good luck my Brother!
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a million guys!!

What pains me the most is that the idea of fitting a rotary motor to an existing leg is a great one that whas the potential to far outdo the current 4stroke trend in power and weidht, and well as $$ in the long run. I was really hanging out to see it for real. In my mind it is all complete and working, if you know what I mean. I'm selling off the motor, which is no problem and is going directly in a drag car, but if no one is interested in the moulds for the bellhousing, I will store them for a latter date. Just cause I'm in a $$problem spot now doesn't mean I won't be ok later I guess.

I'm also selling my hull, with the Land & Sea hydrawlic jack plate, and the Marine Machine single ram steering.

If I ever get the chance to re-start this project down the track I will be using a different hull anyway, as the power potential far excedes the capacity of the existing one.

I love the S&F family! You are a great buch of guys, and I cant help but visit often just to keep current.

Cheers everyone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cobalti, unless selling this project will make the bank vs. break the bank, my suggestion is to shuffle it to the back of the garage and get back to it when you can. Might be 5 years down the road, but hey, it's your passion.
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you start again,I have the boat ideal for this project.It is the Troycraft MOD vp hull.I,m located central western N.S.W.Hope it comes to fruition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pritty cool mate, firt post and straight to my project. I'm impressed!

It is a shame I have to stop, however, it is a true testament to the versatility of the idea. What I mean is that if you already own a 2.5 mercury, you can remove the powerhead and fit the bellhousing without any modification to the original equipment, the nbuild a 13b to suit. I have sold my 13b motor and have lost very little there as it has found itself in a drag car (I'm told). So I could replace the powerhead now, and return to original Mercury (less the oprating hours). All that remains is the bell housing and a few adaptors. Not bad hey?? Specially when the 2.5 parts will become harder to come by and more expensive.

I have already doors opening infront of me, and I'm contemplating various options. However the consolidating of my current investments will take a few months, and I don't expect to be on my feet agai for the better part of next year.

You boat sounds interesting. I would like to see it some day.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Cheers,
    Orlando

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excellent News my...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalti

I have already doors opening infront of me, and I'm contemplating various options. However the consolidating of my current investments will take a few months, and I don't expect to be on my feet agai for the better part of next year.

Cheers,
    Orlando
    Friend!

I am proof that every time one door closes another opens! It's all about attitude and it sure sounds like yours is right
    If it only takes you a year to get back on your feet, that is nothing!
    You go Boy!

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Thank you Gary.

Yes one moves on and thinks positive. Doesn't mean it doesn hurt at the time though..

Again, Season greetings to all the S&F family.

Orlando

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It always works out in the end, just keep getting up every day. anyhow, are you selling the m&m steering seperately? pm me please. thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STV_Keith
    Cobalti, unless selling this project will make the bank vs. break the bank, my suggestion is to shuffle it to the back of the garage and get back to it when you can. Might be 5 years down the road, but hey, it's your passion.
    Keith is right - take care of your financial priorities now and get yourself on your feet again.
    One day down the line you'll have the time and money to get back to work on the project.
    By then you'll probably have new/better ideas to refine it and make it even better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cobalti-being a gearhead and 23 year auto mechanic i was watching for news on this project.the ability to scrounge a mazda engine at the local pick&pull and bolt it on to a merc mid/lower would make a better engine for longer life before overhauls.i have always admired aussies for thier ability to build things from scratch-things just cant be bought off the shelf like here in the us.good luck-just sit on your parts for awhile and you will get back to it.the main thing i was wondering about on the 13b is how the oiling system worked with the motor standing on end.will this be a trade secret?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support everyone, that is exactly what I'm doing. I'm keeping the things I have created from air. I am hell bent on finishing what I started and things are already taking a different and better path for me. I really can forsee one year before restarting again.

The oiling system is a dry sump set up. The only tricky part is getting the rear seal, that becomes a bottom seal in this application to actually seal proply. There is definitely a proven way of getting aroud this problem. These motors are regolarly used in aviation for their many benefits. In many of those applications they actually operate vertically as on this project. Interesting isn't it?

By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!

Orlando

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cobalti... Im sorry to hear this, initially i thought it was all over, although as i read through the thread i realised it will happen one day... Thats the main thing

From a fellow (aussie boater / Mazda man) all the best in the future, and hope to see you can see out this idea one day....

BTW, what hull is it your selling, i know you had a bullet, but you mentioned acquiring a STV, is this the case???

Adam

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cobalti

This is a pretty small world, and you seem to have some locals posting. I might suggest posting the name and location of your business. You would be surprised to see a S&Fer wander in, and support your biz. I bet it wouldnt belong before a member showed up at your business. How ever small, its still support. Im sure when Greg started this site he was loosing money.

Hope all is well.

ps, Do the Ausie girls really love American guys ?? I was thinking of taking a trip. I have heard many stories. Just loooking for a little inpute from a local.

Hope all is well
    Lance
    2005 TRIAD STV EURO
    421 HP OMC 3.3 EFI by STOKER
    16" Taylor mid, Merc sporty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast