Chevy 403 Big Block

Chevrolet 403 Big block- long block(block, crank,pistons,rods,production heads,and stock intake with Q-jet 700cfm carb.Motor was completely rebuilt and ran approximately 6 to 8 hrs. Hood blew open during storm and got water down carb.Insurance paid for it and the guy kept it(paid salvage price for It). I bought it 1 week later and removed the intake,heads,valve covers and oil pan. Water only went into cylinders and wasn't there long enough to do any real damage,only light surface rust.Brought it home and sprayed it with oil.Every thing else was as clean as when it was put together( crank case ,lifter valley and under valve covers). Just needs to to have bottom end dissassembled and every thing cleaned and put back together. No oil pan valve covers or timming chain and cover included. Water pump ,flywheel,push rods and rocker arms included. Pick up only as this would be expensive to ship.$600 OBO. Hydro
    SPEED KILLS! RUN AN OMC,LIVE FOREVER!
    86 Hydrostream Vector
    2.4 Bridgeport Offshore Centerhorn EFI

2007 Regal 2860 express cruiser

Kawasaki 750 ZXI jetski

403??

DO you mean 402 Chevy. Or is this a bored/stroked combo. I've seen 403 Pontiacs but, never a 403 Chevy. Just curious I may be interested. Do you have the casting number off of block and heads?? Thanks.......

Its a 402... a punched out 396! Chevy did this for a couple years!

Thumbs up 402

Yea, I've got a few of the early 70's 402's, just wanted to make sure this wasn't indeed a 403 Pontiac as I would have no use for the PONCHO. Thanks.....

Sorry ,it's a 402,don't know why I put 403,brain fart I guess. It,s a factory 402. As stated above,Chevy actually did this for a few years.It,s a 396 that was just bored oversized and sold new from Chevy as a 402.This one was in a Chevelle before it was bought by the other guy, rebuilt and put in a Pickup truck.Not sure if it came factory in that particular car but it is a Factory 402.I actually have two, but I am keeping one to build and put in a hotrod in the future.It needs some extensive machine work and is not complete.Only have block, crank,rods and pistons for it.The one I have listed is pretty much a complete Long Block,plus the intake and carb.I looked and the timming chain is still there also.This will make some one a good motor and the price is some what negotiable.I can get the casting numbers this evening and will post them.Thaks and sorry again for the mix up.Hydro
    86 Hydrostream Vector

Kawasaki 750 ZXI jetski

The 403 was actually made by Oldsmobile and installed in the Pontiacs as well. I had a 79 Trans Am that came factory with the 403 Olds. Good running motor but not as good as a Chevy big block in my opinion.

We are Baaaaaaaaaaad!!
    Ralph Musser
    22' Rapid Craft W/ Evinrude 300 V8 January 2009 BOAT OF THE MONTH
    24' Triton 240 Gold W/ Mercury 60
    14' Royalcraft father/daughter project

Quote Originally Posted by Riverratt
    The 403 was actually made by Oldsmobile and installed in the Pontiacs as well. I had a 79 Trans Am that came factory with the 403 Olds. Good running motor but not as good as a Chevy big block in my opinion.
    Had a 79 also with the 403 (which has probably got something to do with why I posted it as a 403) gold with the black bird on ther hood.Man that thing would fly on top end and not to shabby on bottom side neither,but I will agree with you ,not as good as the chevy big block.My buddy has a 79 with the 455,black with the gold bird on the hood,now that is a tough car. He would just plain smoke me everytime.The power over the entire rpm range is unbeleivable for a stock automobile.He still to this day eats a lot of the newer cars for lunch,corvettes included.Hydro
    86 Hydrostream Vector

Kawasaki 750 ZXI jetski