Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [How fast these boats go and what kind of jack plate should I use for this kind of boat 74 barracuda 17 ft with78 blackmax 200hp second owner?. Thank

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 barracuda rebuild

lets see what i can do here any help would be helpful from anyone that done something like this pictures, links, got my work cut out for me, but here in oregon i got time before the hot weather comes. thanks also anyone know the size of jack plate i should look into
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-10-06 16.28.49.jpg   2010-10-06 16.29.10.jpg   IMAG0048.jpg   IMAG0045.jpg   IMAG0049.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your rigging the meyer tunnel do not jack plate it add a riser or use a short mid with setback they get really flighty.. i still have mine unrigged because of a steering system failure... not willing to try again until funds are higher

also do not use marine ply wood.... use thermalite from applied plastic machine off 26th and long in SE portland for transom and core they make sheets in up to 2" thick specifically for transom and stringer use.. its a composite that is all polyurethane based and rot free
    not to mention lighter... if they require a wholesale account let me know i have one with them and can resell to you

Alanna
    Last edited by 150aintenuff; 04-11-2014 at 09:39 PM.

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5