Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triad-stv Rumor Clarification

Rumor Clairication

I`ve heard some recent rumors flying around, and have had some people call me and ask about them.--that TRIAD Powerboats is going out of business and selling all thier molds and closing down...Being a former and future satified TRIAD customer, I wanted to clairify these recent rumors. I talked to Wally personally today (he was at TRIAD working) because I wanted to find what the "real deal" was.

He said- NO -as usual, rumors are incorrect- TRIAD is making some operational changes in 2006, and YES, he is putting up for sale some of his molds but NO has no intentions of closing TRIAD Powerboats. The Triad V-21 open and closed bow molds are for sale, the Traid DR-20 molds are for sale (because of the DRX.) He is NOT selling any STV molds, NOT selling the DRX molds. (But if someone wanted to make an offer he couldn`t refuse call 864-333-2400 for enough money someone could but everything in the building but his motorcycle.) He also said he has hundreds of parts and pieces, props, midsections, cowlings, engines, guages, gearcases etc he was putting on the internet VERY soon to get rid of.

He told me he has already received deposits for as many boats as he intends to build for 2006, and they were not taking any more orders at this time. He said he simplifiying his business, reduced his employees, and will build a limited number of boats in 2006. NO more Pay Pal., NO more fax, NO more Credit Cards, NO more open credit, not going to try to return 60 telephone calls a day, not going to try to answer every high performance boat question everyone has. He was at work when I spoke to him, installing another overhead crane lift system in the building. Not something someone would do who is going out of business.

Wally has also just finished a 26 foot cat and has orders to build several more of them in 2006, which is one of the reasons he is limiting his smaller boat production. The boat is being built by Wally at TRIAD, but marketed from a company called Revolution Performance Marine. You will see it in HOT BOAT and POWERBOAT magazine soon. He said boat #1 weighed 1,817 pounds less interior and engine. Boat 1 is getting rigged with a Mercruiser 525 with a Sportmaster/ITS system.

He said many rumors had come from TRIAD being closed from Thanksgiving until January 15th. (a practice he said he will continue in the future.) Many of you know he has had 2 heart attacks in the last 20 months, and health wise he just isn`t willing to push it anymore.
    Thanks Dave

TRIAD Custom Manufacturing, Inc.
    South Carolina Highway 28 & US 221
    Post Office Box 59
    Modoc South Carolina 29838
    Phone (864) 333-2400
    Fax (864) 333 2404
    triadboats@yahoo.com

Rusrog Guest

Cool Yes... Triad is still in business.

I talked to Wally on Friday and he is doing well but like Dave said is just not taking orders. He just delivered 3 DRX's and has a fourth about ready to go.
    He also mentionedd that he had orders for for boats through the mid summer. Good to hear that an honest, original builder can still make it in this market!

Luckily for us... TRIAD is still going strong!

Russ Rogers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for clearing that up Dave, I got a pm a couple of weeks ago from another member when I was trying to reach Wally telling me they were closing. I am glad to hear it is not true. What is the best way to buy some of those parts you mentioned that Wally is liquidating?

Thanks,
    Fish

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like he would tell you if he really was selling out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triad

I Talked To Wally This Past Wed. Nite And I Understand Completely Where He Is Comming From By Cutting Back On Employess And Doing More Of The Work Himself.. (you Cant Find Good Help And They Want More Than What Is Profit In The Boat Manufactoring)

He Isnt Going Out Of Bussiness And The Boats Will Be Better Built And If You Have To Wait Longer That Is Just Something A Buyer Will Have To Understand And Will Have To Make Arragments For Before He Buys..

I Will Be Getting My Drx ThIS Next Friday And I Will Post Pics When I Get It..

Wally Is A Good Person And Will Help More Than What He Really Needs To (well To Some Folks) And I Can Speak First If He Intened To Go Out Bussiness He Would Tell All Of Us He Wouldnt Tell Us He Was Cutting Production..

Just Means Lines Get Longer Now
    Last edited by kim cleckler; 02-19-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors

I agree with Kim. I think it's a bunch of crap when someone that won't even post their name says some crap like was said before Kim's post. You may think it's funny but people like Wally work their a@#'s off and are about as upstanding person as there is. Like Kim said if he was going out of business he would be the first to tell us. I've worked with Wally several times and he can work circles around me not to mention he IS A PERFECTIONIST!!!!
    Later, Ro
    Ro Yale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V-21?

if any of you who speak with him find out about the V-21 open and closed let us know will ya?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up I just got back from Wally's shop!

Took my boat there to have some things done to it for the up comming race season. I was trying to help him put up the new boat hoist on Friday. I think he's taking the right steps. He seems in good spirits and is enthusiastic about 2006! Wally is a great upstanding guy, if I thought he wasn't or there was someone closer and better than him I wouln't have just drove 2 thousand miles round trip to have him do the work on my boat!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KMH 77 with 1824 posts means you have been around long enough to know that TRIAD Powerboats is probably one of the most honest boat builders in the country and that Wally has no reason nor would he ever say something that isn`t true. You should watch what you get yourself involved in. The quality of his boats compares with boats selling for alott more money. Enough said.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-rudesoldier

You must of missed it in the original post, the V-21 molds both open & closed are being sold, along with DR-20 molds it is too bad because they are both great boats. I hope whoever gets the molds can do half as good of job as Wally did. Hope this helps you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that should have been mine question, if you hear who buys the molds post it will ya?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too heard this rumor and am glad to read that its not as I was told.I would have hated to see that happen.The STV is an awsome boat and this sport/hobby needs them around.
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wally and Robin are the best. He repaired my STV after hurricane Charley and did a super job for a very reasonable price. I drove over 650 miles each way to have him work on my boat. I for one am glad he is going to continue producing his top quality boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEBB
    KMH 77 with 1824 posts means you have been around long enough to know that TRIAD Powerboats is probably one of the most honest boat builders in the country and that Wally has no reason nor would he ever say something that isn`t true. You should watch what you get yourself involved in. The quality of his boats compares with boats selling for alott more money. Enough said.

Dave please your are so GAY for wally its digusting! And whats this CRAP "You should watch what you get involved in" why will wally and the rest of his STV entourage come down and beat me up? Dave go polish your STV and pretend like its wallys peter!
    Last edited by rmh77; 02-19-2006 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

why will wally and the rest of his STV entourage come down and beat me up?
    nope, but i'm sure he'd like to after reading your smart ass comments

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast