Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man did it ever rain on the way home------Jilly did the driving, it was her turn ! Flash floods everywhere, was glad of the trusty Lexus .
    Rainy days and Friday's always get me down------good name for a song.
    1969 , first visit to Havasu , Don Ross and I wandered into the "English Pub" ---------there was pile of numbered rocks--------some bright spark told us it was the "London Bridge" -------we knew damn well it was London Bridge, but not THE London Bridge !
    We got chatting to couple of youngsters who were singing there, Richard played piano and sister Karen did the singing and played the drums-------remember the ale wasn't very good so we drank Coors instead.
    They told us that the bridge would be built first, then they would dig out the river ?? Seemed like a good idea at the time---------we told em that we usually found the river first, then build a bridge------just one of the strange things the colonials do now and again.
    Here I go rambling again, forgive me, it's what I do !

Arundel Castle and lunch in the town with grandkids------again, it's what I do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how hard I tried, there's no way can I make a SKANKY trailer quite as SKANKY as the one Butler found and put under "Lil Red"------I just chucked a pile of scrap metal together without even thinking TRAILER--------still came out streets better than the wheels under the Twistercraft without even trying !
    Pity I have to paint this rig, would have looked good simply polished with the teak, mahogany and inlaid brass----four coats of sealer and a silo on its bum-----it's beginning to look the biz !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

3. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jakie 24.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	355577

Name:	Jackie 25.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	381.6 KB 
ID:	355578

5. Likes powerabout, shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that Bob-----bought me I little LIECA , thought I might be able to take some better pictures, but I think the guy using it might have something to do with it. Must try harder !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True story.
    Quite a few years ago, My friend Bill Baker and I were having a round of golf, I wasn't playing too well when Bill said------no wonder your golfs off a bit, there's a piece of sh-t on the end of your club !-------I lifted the club and examined it, looked OK to me---------that's when he said, -------THE OTHER END !

Wilson clan gathering at the Titch for a steak supper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

8. Likes AZMIDLYF, olboatman, shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	419.0 KB 
ID:	355670Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	405.5 KB 
ID:	355671Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	411.0 KB 
ID:	355672

Seemed a a shame to cover the wood, but I don't think "Little Brownie" sits quite as well as "lil Red",
    Skanky trailer is beginning to take shape---- but will never be quite as goddam awful as the original.

Don't know how many of you ever went to a Mercury Dealer Conference, but if my memory serves me right "PRESENTATION " was paramount. That is until you come to put a SKANKY trailer under a pristine refurbished "Twister Craft" raceboat sporting a brand fire new Twister outboard!

Never fear, Wilsons here, with an appropriate mode of transport ------a glimpse of what "Mightabeen"!
    After al, Oshberg was the home of "SWIRLING" ------if you didn't know how to finish it------swirl it. Foot throttles, fuel tanks, foot pedals, steering bars, transom plates------cure for all ills -------swirling.

Doing a Heinz paint job-------57 coats--------but I WILL get a finish on the damn boat-----got two coats of epoxy, six coats of red--------fifty one to go, unless it looks the biz before then.

Got all the pulleys turned up and steering bar done, have to twist up a pair of bottle screws and we're home and dry.

Funny old day tomorrow--------we bury Ivan and Mathews ashes in the morning-----thought we had grieved as much as we could, maybe there will be some sort of finality------I don't know-----it must be time to move on. But you wouldn't bet the farm on it. Tensions been building all week------I just hide out in the shop pretending to be busy. Day of reckoning Monday.

10. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eat your feckin heart out Marlon-----you would have stopped your flat cap for this little beauty------MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA-------shaft drive-------thirteen years old with less than a thousand miles on the clock! Custom leather seats with matching panniers, deep maroon with a hint of sparkle. "THE BIZ"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

12. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad the ashes thing is over-----still more sadness and misery, tears and sorrow, maybe there will be "Closure" now, just glad the final whistle's blown !
    Came back and rushed another three coats on to lil red ------that's when the trouble started, paint had a nice deep finish-----just before it started to fall in drapes------looked like the curtains at the Aldwych theatre. I was gutted! Like I said before, paint and me do not agree. Two hours later after stripping it back to bare wood and starting out again, I managed to get three coats of fire engine red on it------spent the rest of the time poncing about with the trailer,------if I make it posh enough, it may take the eye of the beholder away from the main feature.
    Tuesday tomorrow and I need a quiet day to put my house in order, I'm all a bit disjointed today----need to step back and regroup-----get the ship on an even keel so to speak!

Congratulations are in order methinks to a certain Mr Tim Seebold who won his final race before hanging up his helmet, I'm hoping he'll be partaking in the old farts golf tourney with Billy, -------I'm sure I got a small momento for him somewhere in the box of golf trophies.

Craig returns home tomorrow to Florida-----was good to see him again, hoping to play golf with him as my partner in the old farts tourney again in November.

14. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was up and running crack-o-sparrow, early bird and all that-------things clicked, I made very good progress. Fathomed out how to do "lilReds" striped bits', trouble is, I don't have the glossy white sticky back paper or the right size numbers.
    The "lets piss off Merc -N-Mike" trailer is coming together--------did the underside the same red as the boat, bit of custom thinking there.
    Did a simple jockey wheel-------not the best I ever did, it's adequate! , may change it later------depends on the mitigating circumstances.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

16. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	7 
Size:	423.4 KB 
ID:	355892

Photo of the MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA------with the all Gucci leather panniers (£4,000)------ OK, I'll come clean, it belongs to my mate Bjørn Christianson------he's the guy with Norton, Triumph TRophy, and the Black Shadow.
    her indoors does not take kindly to me owning a pair of wheels---------Last time I took her for a ride on a borrowed "Kwacker" in Thailand-------she never forgave me for that!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took two steps back and decided there was still work to be done on "Red"-------- why the hell I keep doing this I will never know, it's only a bloody "Concept" after all ! Proof of the pudding as they say an all that jazz !
    Will stick it in the auction at Tavares-------see if we get a couple of bids on it----that way I'll know if it's a hit or a miss.
    Did take a couple of phoggies------then left the LIECA in the shop-----told you I was going Doo-LALLY, will print a couple off in the morning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	9 
Size:	409.1 KB 
ID:	355958Click image for larger version. 

Size:	392.3 KB 
ID:	355959Click image for larger version. 

Size:	434.9 KB 
ID:	355960Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	355961
    A day in the life of this particular old fart!
    First foggie is is the swirling bit on the trailer platform-
    Second is when "Crestliner" would not sponsor "Red", so I sWOPPED it for TWISTERCRAFT BY MERCURY.
    dont suppose they'd chuck in a dollar or two-----NAH--------you gotta be kidding------washing machine wringer rollers are loose compared to Merc handouts!

Murphy needs a tumrub occasionally ( this is one of those occasions).
    We had Lizzie (this weeks name for Betty) all day, grandma Jilly teaching her to read.
    Its bloody Thursday again tomorrow--------must be the third time this week------someone pull on the handbrake of this runaway train of life, even if it's only for me to take a leak.
    Got a "full and uninterrupted" day in the shop, time to have a tidy up, then start packing the next box of goodies for Tavares--------I'm thinking golf trophies, I know there's a fair few, but I would like everyone partaking to have something!
    Never heard a squeak from Raynor Blair, or Bakos, wonder if Butler plays, could always team him up with the Seebolds and Preacher------Sutter's too good for our crowd-------I could impose penalties, we don't do runaway winners---------ah well, the sheets hung a tad this morning, but I did retrieve the LIECA from the shop, just before dawn!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ever had the feeling your talking to yourself ? Haven't heard a peep from anyone for yonks! Must be somebody out there---------I'd even take a dislike at the minute-------maybe I've been sent to Coventry ? But I doubt the colonials even know what that means.
    Dont worry ( be happy) I'm only in here for a coffee-----been head down and arse up all morning, done a few " Refeenments" to red----- show you lunchtime-----if I can remember where I put the little LIECA !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	12 
Size:	407.1 KB 
ID:	355963Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	403.1 KB 
ID:	355964Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	415.7 KB 
ID:	355965

Made the bumpstop------absolutely essential-------must have seen half a dozen different jockeys put a pickle through the Camino cab window!
    Experimented with tiny paintbrushes but all to no avail------El Greco and Piccasso can rest easy, I shall never be a worry!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 316 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 216 266 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 366 416 816 ... LastLast