Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, I have to bow to your superior skills with photos and computers----bloody near genius -----I can't even take a half tidy picture of the stuff I make-------and I can destroy Kodaks on a monthly basis.
    Last camera I bought funnily enough was a FUJI, ran great for nearly a year, then refused to accept the memory card-----so , I pushed a little harder and all the little teeth on the card started to break off------tried blowing out the slot with an airline, that didn't work-------took it in to the Camera Shop,------he wanted $225 to service the damn thing-------Told me FUJI WOULD WANT $300 for doing it---------told him about "Sex and Travel" and we're no longer on speaking terms!
    Sony, little hand held job my daughter Sam bought me for my birthday three years ago was fine until I started leaving it in the shop-------does not like iron filings and sawdust------the shutter has mad fits of depression and half closes when you switch it off- until I bang the base on the bench-------and refuses to fully open when turned on------that is until I poke it with the index digit------that fixes it for a while.
    Had to revert back to the old. PANOSONIC with the LIECA lens-----ten years old and six pixels, but at least it works.
    Thanks for tidying up the piccies. -----makes it look like I know what I'm doing------which of course is a complete fallacy . J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, I have to bow to your superior skills with photos and computers----bloody near genius -----I can't even take a half tidy picture of the stuff I make-------and I can destroy Kodaks on a monthly basis.
    Last camera I bought funnily enough was a FUJI, ran great for nearly a year, then refused to accept the memory card-----so , I pushed a little harder and all the little teeth on the card started to break off------tried blowing out the slot with an airline, that didn't work-------took it in to the Camera Shop,------he wanted $225 to service the damn thing-------Told me FUJI WOULD WANT $300 for doing it---------told him about "Sex and Travel" and we're no longer on speaking terms!
    Sony, little hand held job my daughter Sam bought me for my birthday three years ago was fine until I started leaving it in the shop-------does not like iron filings and sawdust------the shutter has mad fits of depression and half closes when you switch it off- until I bang the base on the bench-------and refuses to fully open when turned on------that is until I poke it with the index digit------that fixes it for a while.
    Had to revert back to the old. PANOSONIC with the LIECA lens-----ten years old and six pixels, but at least it works.
    Thanks for tidying up the piccies. -----makes it look like I know what I'm doing------which of course is a complete fallacy . J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    "Seems like I've been "MOUNTING" for the last couple of days (no wonder I feel knackered)--------just don't tell the kitchen goddess."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackie 1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	348466

Lucky You...!!

6. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackie 1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	348466

Lucky You...!!
    Fortune favours the brave-----the handsome guys------and the liars !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, well, well, now that was not supposed to happen-------little old Portugal pissed all over France's parade------how could France not win-- hot favourites-----they had all the stars-------Renaldo injured------what could possibly go wrong ?------just one teeny weeny tiny little thing-------Portugal scored------France didn't.
    Somedays you eat bear !
    Murray won Wimbledon!
    Hamilton won Silverstone.( I still refused to watch )
    All in all, not a bad day in July ------we are promised summer is coming-------NEXT WEEK.?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard the very sad news that Lee Davies passed away.
    Met him in Canada a couple of years ago-----spent a great afternoon with him at his house and garage that housed the most marvellous collection of RACEBOATS and engines I have ever seen.
    He had a knowledge of Mercury engines on a par with Willabee!
    A lovely man ! Benny, I am so sorry, you lost a good friend.

While I was there about fifty yards from his house, Lee took me by the elbow and whispered, " don't look round, just walk steadily into the garage" I did as was asked------he closed the door-----I said" "what the hell was all that about Lee"--------he replied " just a big old grisly that keeps popping in to see us now and again, he doesn't like sudden movement.
    That was the moment my bowels let loose-----Lee, R.I.P. it was a pleasure meeting you.J.

10. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie...Your visit with Lee Davies... https://youtu.be/lcU8THp9qFM

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackies visit again... https://youtu.be/7jnE55DD29M

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, I forgot to mention the guy who took me to Lee's house was Nick Springate--------Mark Benson ( Benny ) and Nick do a great job recording outboard history.
    Jilly bought me a ticket on the Rocky Mountain railroad for my 80th birthday------ boarded at Banff or Calgary, I forget which.! Landed in Vancouver and was met by Nick, stayed with him for three days--------( you all know the adage " friends and fish stay fresh for three days").
    Met a bunch of Canadian boaters and went for a ride in a rapid little runabout with a 300+ HP Merc strapped on its bum----- memorable !

Time to get up and face the day------will continue this later in the day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bristol 1974

Attachment 348411

Now heres red one to test the little grey cells---------that's Charlie Sheppard on the right--------anyone think they know the other three ?
    Well hears my guess it was the Bristol race 1974 from the left is Fred Oram his trophy should be for winning the OI class 89cu inch with a Mercury 1250sbp with Silo.Then Bob Hering who won the ON class with a T3 Mercury not 100% sure but it looks like Jim Wagner next he ran the OMC Brugge racing operation up till august 1974 when Paul Kalb took over.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRISTOL HERING.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	381.8 KB 
ID:	348676

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of a melancholy sort of day-----saddened by the demise of Lee Davies-----he went to enormous lengths to put the perfect finishing touch to any project he started. The whole collection is priceless. Just hope it isn't sold off willy nilly, that's a national archive, a treasure that will never be emulated.
    it either needs to be sold to a single individual enthusiast or to the Canadian or American antique boating association .
    If you ever wondered what a "SILO" looked like------Lee had a perfect example !

I got seven "head down and arse up hours" in today-----the V8 (T8X) is coming along nicely---never imagined I would be this far advanced after just three days.
    Now done the T3X-----T4X--------T5X--------T6X----- T12X --------now here comes the 8X------cooking with gas today.
    Piccies by the end of the week if I get a tail wind and a downhill run!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mister h View Post
    Well hears my guess it was the Bristol race 1974 from the left is Fred Oram his trophy should be for winning the OI class 89cu inch with a Mercury 1250sbp with Silo.Then Bob Hering who won the ON class with a T3 Mercury not 100% sure but it looks like Jim Wagner next he ran the OMC Brugge racing operation up till august 1974 when Paul Kalb took over.Click image for larger version. 

Pretty close Steve, three out of four is not bad-----but you don't get the "kewpie doll".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mister h View Post

Err Stevie baby------the OI CLASS WAS 1000 BP---------1250 BP was OZ------both had a silo exhaust ----different gear ratios !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty close Steve, three out of four is not bad-----but you don't get the "kewpie doll".
    Hey Jackie you only asked for 3 names besides Charlis so which one was wrong?

Page 293 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 193 243 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 343 393 793 ... LastLast