User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Floor question

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    Funny how XStream suggested putty to make the glass transition better, then Tunnels berated that method and later said to use putty
    ahhh but the amount used the other way would have been substantial , but the way I describe could have been very small if any !!
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again thanks Xstream for helping me, the novice with my first glass project. Thanks to Vnemous, Bodhi, and Flabum 1017 for posting. I appreciate you guys. I have lost all respect for tunnels after his comments in this series of posts. If someone asks for help, it can be done in a way that builds and promotes the craft. Again thanks guys and I hope you will chime in as I move forward and learn!
    Jerry Martin
    AKA. Ramonepb

3. Likes vnemous, roadkill636, capt bart liked this post
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tunnels is only here to belittle anyone who doesnt bow to his assumed knowledge. Go to general settings and add him to your ignore list. Good luck with your build. Thank you so much

5. Likes roadkill636 liked this post
    Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Tunnels is only here to belittle anyone who doesnt bow to his assumed knowledge. Go to general settings and add him to your ignore list. Good luck with your build. Thank you so much
    thank God wont see you ever again !!the name venomous says it all !
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vnemous
    Thanks, tunnels is the only name on my ignore list. When I built my street rod, I wanted to chop the top. I met a builder that showed me several street rods at a show and explained how to do it. He also gave me positive reinforcement that I could do it. Because of this positive start, I not only chopped the top but also cut the cab in half, sectioned it and the list of mods would take to long to list. If I had negative input, as we have seen here, I am confident I would not have attempted all of those mods.

8. Thanks vnemous thanked for this post
    Likes vnemous, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good for you. Dont let his negativity stop you. Lots of great positive advice on this site

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good for you. Dont let his negativity stop you. Lots of great positive advice on this site
    just not here !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This(tunnels posts) reminds me of the problem my house framer has with the building inspector. My framer is a perfectionist and the inspector gets a kick out of spending a lot of time finding something to complain about. This usually holds up production while the inspector is on site. Now the framer "baits" the inspector with something he(inspector) can find quickly and the framer can change quickly! BTW I agree with Xstream completely and I would look for 1/2 " five or six ply marine plywood (not 3 or 4 witch is more common) that is much stronger! Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

12. Likes vnemous liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good advice Gary I guess it just doesn't belong here according to the self proclaimed expert. See you in Plymouth bring your sunscreen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice Gary I guess it just doesn't belong here according to the self proclaimed expert. See you in Plymouth bring your sunscreen
    Will do Buddy.....Can't wait as I miss the "crew"!!!! Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    good for you. Dont let his negativity stop you. Lots of great positive advice on this site:d
    yeah there is some good stuff but have never seen one single thing from this guy that's worth reading !! Tits on a bull dont come close !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnels View Post
    yeah there is some good stuff but have never seen one single thing from this guy that's worth reading !! Tits on a bull dont come close !!
    Well that would probably be because we do not have the same interest. I happen to have one of the most read threads ever on here about the wonderful 21 Challenger built by George Linder a true boat designer.

17. Likes blacktruck liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tunnels, You've never posted any project you've worked on, previous comments you've made prove you don't know what you're talking about, so just don't say anything and stop bothering people. You don't have to pretend you're an expert, nobody cares.

19. Likes vnemous liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktruck View Post
    Tunnels, You've never posted any project you've worked on, previous comments you've made prove you don't know what you're talking about, so just don't say anything and stop bothering people. You don't have to pretend you're an expert, nobody cares.
    Everything iv posted I have worked at right in the middle of the lot I, I never stand around picking my nose its always hands on, first to start and last to leave !! Its what being a supervisor is all about ! if I cant do the job how can I expect others to do it !
    As for being a expert NEVER !!, learning new things ,inspiring ,teaching and training staff is a 24 hour a day job that never stops !!
    Experts in my book are usually narrow minded , pig headed ,abstinent and the first sign of any problems head for there office and lock the door or hide in the toilet and play with themselves because they don't have all the answers !
    Iv never had an office and could never find a reason to sit a watch others working , even as factory manager its sorting and organising everything all the time ahead of time so no one has to go looking for anything . And teaching is hands on working alongside all and everyone !.
    Last edited by tunnels; 08-29-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything iv posted I have worked at right in the middle of the lot I, I never stand around picking my nose its always hands on, first to start and last to leave !! Its what being a supervisor is all about ! if I cant do the job how can I expect others to do it !
    As for being a expert NEVER !!, learning new things ,inspiring ,teaching and training staff is a 24 hour a day job that never stops !!
    Experts in my book are usually narrow minded , pig headed ,abstinent and the first sign of any problems head for there office and lock the door or hide in the toilet and play with themselves because they don't have all the answers !
    Iv never had an office and could never find a reason to sit a watch others working , even as factory manager its sorting and organising everything all the time ahead of time so no one has to go looking for anything . And teaching is hands on working alongside all and everyone !.
    Right, so don't offer any advice because you don't know what you're talking about. Don't post anything anymore unless it is a project "you" did that we can see.

22. Thanks vnemous thanked for this post
    Likes vnemous, roadkill636 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast