Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Jackie:

L-E-M-B-K-E

Sincere apologies to all concerned-------I know how to spell it, and I said I would never get it wrong again------I haven't--------all I have to do is convince this blasted "Predicted text" how to get it right.
    I do try and read everything through and correct the errors-------guess I missed a couple.
    Just hope YOU get things right ALL the time when you make 84 Rich !

Its down to fine tuning all the various parts -------the sponsons, the deck, the transom , the cockpit and cowling, marrying it correctly to the motor, drive and gearcase---------motor has to resemble a V12 Jaguar-------boat needs to look something like a long Seebold------get the basics right and your home and dry-------get just ONE of these things wrong , your up Sh-t creek minus paddle !!!

Will put all on the line when I'm good and ready----not before--------then you can be the judge----good, bad or indifferent ,---------tell you one thing,-------if it was gonna be that bad-------you never would get to see it anyhow ?

Always pisses me off when I make a faux pas anyway, -----Willabee is usually the first to pounce and point out the error of my ways.-------one of the reasons I try and stay diligent .

Again sincere apologies to the Lembke family------I meant no disrespect.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have just four hours in the shop today--------it's fiddley bit day------mostly tapping 3mm holes to stitch the manifolds to the motor, then the motor to the deck-------last chance to polish the finished article before deciding on the mount.
    How it's mounted is usually the difference between a nice piece and a superb concept------I tried most of the normal trad mounts------the best pieces come when you least expect it, angle for dangle, twist of the wrist-------the best mount still hasn't been discovered.
    Off to lunch with one of my all time great friends Nigel Warnes-------he works side by side doing the building for British architect Sir Norman Foster---------some of the projects are " THE SHARD"----"LONDON BRIDGE STATION"------"MILLAU BRIDGE"--------"AMERICAN AIR FORCE MUSEUM AT DUXFORD". So the boy is not without talent.
    Have done him quite a number of different concepts-----he is -one of my original "Patrons"!

Time to hit the day-------this won't buy the baby a new pair of shoes, ( as my sainted mother used to say)--------if all goes well, I could just tickle your taste buds with a little piccie ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3mm tap
    Crickey can you fix watches as well?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

faux pas .....

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    ......Always pisses me off when I make a faux pas anyway, -----Willabee is usually the first to pounce and point out the error of my ways.-------one of the reasons I try and stay diligent ......
    Didn't want to pounce and point (at least not during the holiday season), but did try to give subtle hint with post 3433. Think you were too busy waffling to catch it .....

Best Wishes for a Merry Christmas to you & your family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    Didn't want to pounce and point (at least not during the holiday season), but did try to give subtle hint with post 3433. Think you were too busy waffling to catch it .....

Best Wishes for a Merry Christmas to you & your family
    Willa, you just love to pounce and point during any season!
    Your subtle hints are similar to house bricks and anvils-------even waffling the way I do, I couldn't miss the " Subtle Hints" .
    My problem is, whilst I KNOW how to spell LEMBKE, AND SPELL IT OUT CORRECTLY. Blasted predicted text has it fixed in its memory this is incorrect---------the only way I can get over this is to reread every waffle I ever did and correct it!
    Sincere Christmas wishes William to you and your family ----Health and Happiness to you all!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was good to have lunch out with Nigel,
    Not that anyone's really interested but I had the best 12oz Fillet Steak I've had in years with onion rings and skinny fries------washed down with a pint of Harvey's Sussex best!

Managed just three hours in the shop before I had to come in and dress "Respectable"
    Knew it was going to be fiddly------finished the transom and stern drive but I still have a new gearcase to carve out of the billet so no, there are no piccies to post!
    Tomorrow is a positive maybe-------last full day before Christmas-----need to get the pipes installed and the whole concept mounted fit for human consumption .
    That just leaves me four hours in the morning of Christmas Eve before the holiday shutdown.

Jilly did the beard trim and haircut------all spruced up for the holiday break, feel 10years younger, don't you just hate it when your hair gets in your eyes and you sieve all liquids through your moustache-----uhg!.

Thanks for your Cheque for the Molinari/Evinrudes John Schubert,------also the chrome prop nuts and pair of steering wheels, all arrived safe and sound.

If I get time, I'll make a half decent mount for the bigger model of the V12 Jag------it's quite a beast----------goes well with the sodding great big ROTORY outboard I made last month.

Sorry 'bout the rambling Willa------but it's just the way the day panned out. If I can post pretty piccies then I don't have to waffle as much!

Does that mean I can join the ranks of Ace Ventura and King Creole (or Kong)-----------King Waffler-------or maybe Ace Waffler, ? Me gone for the day, MYGGWY .J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently it's warmer here in Walberton than it is in Barcelona, Bairritz or Beziers, crazy weather for December . Leaves are still hanging on to some trees, we're still in double figures here in the south----------but the north has flood warnings from Scotland down to the Midlands .
    Why the hell do people leave Christmas shopping to the last minute--------folk were unable to get out of the car park at the Blue water centre for SIX hours yesterday. One of the best reasons for not giving Christmas presents, wouldn't you say?
    Must say I'm looking forward to our Carribean Cruise next month and a bit of hot sun on my back. Last time I did a Carribean Cruise was over forty years ago, won it as a prize from Mercury, the two youngest girls (Sam and Kim) weren't even teenagers.
    Spent half the night working out how to slot the motor into the hull---------will post a couple of contrast piccies today to show how it was impossible to fit the first effort motor into a normal sized hull----------I learn a little each time I do a new "Concept" but I do tend to hide between my incapabilities . Mistakes are still there, I just get better at hiding them.
    An interesting day to look forward to, yes you will get some piccies today -------that means much less in the way of waffling---------have a nice day my friends! J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Merry Christmas Jackie:

If I make it to 84, I want to be just like you, and if i put half of the mistakes I've made end to end I could walk to the moon.....

Be well and hoist a few to your friends across the pond as we will to you.

P.S. To Willabee.... Merry Christmas to you as well.....
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	427.7 KB 
ID:	333606

In spite of all of all my best efforts and seven hours in the shop I didn't get anywhere near finishing ET79---------had to make a new deck then a new transom-----kinda lost the plot when the motor would not fit between the sponsons-----had to reshape the pipes, consequently there's no way it will be finished this side of Christmas.
    You. Only got a piccie 'cos I promised-----me and my mouth again!

10. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasons Greetings .....

Merry Christmas Jackie:

If I make it to 84,..... with your bad habits, probability is slim ..... I want to be just like you,..... what a scary thought, two Jackie's to try to deal with ..... and if i put half of the mistakes I've made end to end I could walk to the moon ..... bet you won't get any arguments with that statement .....

Thank you Rich, right back at ya ..... Best Wishes for a happy & healthy new year!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merry Christmas Jackie:

If I make it to 84, I want to be just like you, and if i put half of the mistakes I've made end to end I could walk to the moon.....

Be well and hoist a few to your friends across the pond as we will to you.

A very happy Christmas Rich to you and Doreen------peace and goodwill-----may your cup runneth over!

13. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    Thank you Rich, right back at ya ..... Best Wishes for a happy & healthy new year!
    Willabee, there's got to be something I like about you, but for the life in me, I can't begin to think WHAT it is--------
    Seasons greetings William-----stay well------hope with all my heart we get to meet up again before too long .

15. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merry Xmas to all my friends on this site. Rich, Roger, Willabee, Jackie, Steve Pinson & Steve Sirois, Mark & all the others whose handles I don't recognize. And most of all, hopefully everyone will have a most prosperous New Year.

17. Thanks shadowcat, powerabout thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Jackie
    I'll throw another prawn on the bbq for ya

And to all the others that make this thread so enjoyable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been told I can go go out to play until noon-------then we have to go across London to Harlow, that should be fun on Christmas Eve .
    Means I get 3/4 hours on the ET79-------depends how I fare as to whether I take a Phoggie or two!
    Was going to the car boot sale but I can't be arsed and I got enough stuff to sink a battleship, may give it a miss today.
    Still don't FEEL much like the festive season-------maybe I haven't yet gotten into the spirit of the occasion ! Probably need a few " cheers" and "bottoms up" (figuratively speaking).

To all my friends out there--------far too many of you to bless individually--------I wish YOU all the very best for Christmas and the new year------good cheer-----good health, wealth, and happiness and whatever your religion ------MAY YOUR GOD GO WITH YOU.

Oh yes, while I remember------you won't get off that easily-------I'm taking the proverbial IPad with me------all part of the "KING OF WAFFLERS" armoury--------for you poor sods, there is no escape, Merry Christmas Pilgrims.

Page 233 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 133 183 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 283 333 733 1233 ... LastLast