Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C’mon Gene, give me a break ——-seventy years ago when I was young, foolish and full of ambition, I might have taken it on. At sixteen I knew more about the confectionery business than my father and grandfather combined, they both had bakeries. so I left Home and went to work for Silvio Lafranche, the most celebrated Swiss chocolatier in northern England.
    Six months later I knew more than he did———— at seventeen I won my City and Guilds in Baking and confectionery and was decorating wedding cakes for the finest pattissieres in northern England .
    I bought my first motorcycle. In 1949 ( A Triumph Speed Twin)
    Fell out big time with Silvio when he threw a sharp knife at me———- I just picked it up and threw it straight back at him——— scared him sh-tless (and me)——— was sacked on the spot.
    Got a job with with “old man Holdsworth” , he could spin a galleon out of boiling sugar in under five minutes.
    At nineteen I was the cleverest, most obnoxious, big headed little bastard in the world. At twenty, My sainted mother could stand me no longer, threw all my clothes out in the street and told me to bugger off and never come back.
    Picked em all up, and set off down the great north road to London and beyond——— got a job as head baker at a small bakery in Southwater West Sussex.
    Would Be forty years before I left West Sussex for France———- but not before there were a number of history books written.
    So you see Gene my friend , it would not have been beyond the realms of possibilities for me to have settled on a farm in Colorado running the MAD DOG RESTAURANT.

2. Likes powerabout, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    So you see Gene my friend , it would not have been beyond the realms of possibilities for me to have settled on a farm in Colorado running the MAD DOG RESTAURANT.
    But could you sing??

'With A Little Help From My Friends'?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    But could you sing??

'With A Little Help From My Friends'?
    I got a singing voice that’s a cross between SATCHMO and Lee Marvin, but did used to try to play a little boogie like Albert Amons and Lionel Hampton——- don’t suppose you ever heard of em though?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came across an old tin box full of old American coinage at the car boot sale this morning———— amongst it was an 1864 Silver eagle one dollar piece————— offered the lady £1 cash for it——- she damn near snatched my hand off.
    May, or may not be the real McCoy———- for a quid, I figure it’s worth it, just as a talking point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAF55C48-9E55-4C07-99B0-CFBAE857D04A.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	395155

That was one of Hodges better boats———- had a two litre Cosworth BDG——— was a match for either of the factories .

7. Likes Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAF55C48-9E55-4C07-99B0-CFBAE857D04A.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	395176
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shortest day of the year———— longest night and all that jazz. ——— another three days and it’ll all be over for another twelve months. Got great expectations for next year, just want to feel good and get the old girl back to normal. I’ll settle for that.

10. Likes GENE LANHAM, Mugs914, AZMIDLYF, OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midlyfe——-Roger, Rich, Bob, can any one of you help me find the CALDWELL RACING TECHNOLOGY site?
    Its not on the S & F. Threads site and I would like to know if everything is ok with the people that promised so much, then just left me in suspension.
    Stuff on google is old hat from 2016!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange that Fujimo and Lasse don’t appear to know any more about CRT than I do—— or maybe it’s because Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat and nobody wants to talk today.
    Jilly has a morning session at Bognor Regis Hospital today, she’s waggling along quite rapidly on one crutch these days——— expect she’ll do the “LAZARUS” bit today.
    Really will have to get myself back in shape and open up the shop. It’s the only place I can hide these days.
    Weater here is mild wet and miserable, no chance of snow for Christmas Day.
    Gary and Lou are over here for the holidays——— Mark Craig and the kids are in Virginia for some skiing. Think I shall attack the “Dalmore” bottle this evening.
    Just because I can!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midlyfe——-Roger, Rich, Bob, can any one of you help me find the CALDWELL RACING TECHNOLOGY site?
    Its not on the S & F. Threads site and I would like to know if everything is ok with the people that promised so much, then just left me in suspension.
    Stuff on google is old hat from 2016!
    Jackie, it seems like the lights are on, but nobody is home at Caldwell. They have an impressive website, but I cannot see where they are actively selling anything. They are still registered as an LLC in Orange Texas, but other than that, there does not appear to be any activity that I can find. Most of what I was able to find dates back to 2016. You may already have this information, but I have posted a few links below, including one from S&F. The bottom link shows that Caldwell Racing Technology is an auto repair shop with one employee and annual income of $28,248.00.

http://www.caldwellracingtechnology.com/

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...iter-V6-Engine

http://listings.findthecompany.com/l...Technology-Llc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Jackie, it seems like the lights are on, but nobody is home at Caldwell. They have an impressive website, but I cannot see where they are actively selling anything. They are still registered as an LLC in Orange Texas, but other than that, there does not appear to be any activity that I can find. Most of what I was able to find dates back to 2016. You may already have this information, but I have posted a few links below, including one from S&F. The bottom link shows that Caldwell Racing Technology is an auto repair shop with one employee and annual income of $28,248.00.

http://www.caldwellracingtechnology.com/

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...iter-V6-Engine

http://listings.findthecompany.com/l...Technology-Llc
    Some things just don’t add up here Bob.
    FIRST,there’s the non progress bit for 2017
    SECOND, no motors have appeared anywhere at any price!
    THIRD what happened to Jay Price And the BaBa?
    FOURTH one boat with a CRT cowl on a duck pond does not make for great development.

looking back, all I’ve ever seen is a posh powerhead with no bits !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a singing voice that’s a cross between SATCHMO and Lee Marvin, but did used to try to play a little boogie like Albert Amons and Lionel Hampton——- don’t suppose you ever heard of em though?
    ---But Joe made more $$$-------------------- than you and I ever thought of racing them boats--did he have as much fun????

16. Likes Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    ---But Joe made more $$$-------------------- than you and I ever thought of racing them boats--did he have as much fun????

Perhaps he had more fun than the two of you combined. After all...he got by with a little help from his friends...
    Last edited by Bob V; 12-22-2017 at 04:19 PM.

18. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody had a voice quite like Joe——- a kinda cross between a shout, a croak and a groan——- it was of our time, like Dylan, Springsteen and Rod Stewart.
    Mens men, and proud of it——— course, we had the” Fairy” voices like Barry Gibbs and Elton John, and the norm of Neil Diamond, John Denver and a hundred like him.
    That was in the days of “Music”, before the rappers and screaming girlie groups.

Seem to have opened up a-can of worms with the CRT question.
    Bob V found a wealth of information which makes for some very interesting reading if you care to follow his website findings———- all is not what it appears to be at first glance. It’s like an Ian Fleming novel——— full of intrigue and secrets covering three continents.
    Cmon Fuji,we should be able to milk this well into the new year!
    Bob V has made a brilliant start.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would appear that Caldwell Racing Technology bought two F2 hulls from BaBa in Italy earlier this year. Looking at the shipping bill of lading, Caldwell seems to have moved from Orange Texas to Vancleave, Mississippi. However, when I tried to look them up in Vancleave, Mississippi, nothing came up. Looking at the weight of that container (9526 lbs.) there had to be a lot more than just two F2 boats in there. That is a lot of "accessories."

Crt- Caldwell Racing Technology imports from Baba Racing And Boat Di Massimo Rog in Italy through the port of New Orleans, Louisiana
    BILL OF LADING

BILL OF LADING
    Manufacturer / Shipper Consignee
    BABA RACING AND BOAT DI MASSIMO ROG

VIA ANCONA 11 BUSTO ARSIZIO 21052 ITALY
    CRT- CALDWELL RACING TECHNOLOGY

16301 ALLIE BYRD RD, VANCLEAVE VANCLEAVE 39565 US
    Notify Party Marks and Numbers
    MASTERPIECE INTERNATIONAL

1 MILL STREET, 3RD FLOOR NEWPORT RI 02840 UNITED STATES
    NO MARKS NO MARKS
    Master Bill of Lading Number Container Number
    GLDU4106774
    Product Description
    (PIECES) TWO F2 RACE BOAT HULLS AND ACCESSORIES

BILL OF LADING MSCUVK635471
    ARRIVAL DATE 2017-05-22
    WEIGHT (LB) 9,526
    WEIGHT (KG) 4,330
    QUANTITY 8 PKG
    CONTAINER COUNT 1
    VOYAGE NO. 716W
    PORT OF LOADING LA SPEZIA
    PORT OF DISCHARGE NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
    VESSEL NAME SEALAND ILLINOIS
    CARRIER CODE MSCU
    COUNTRY OF ORIGIN ITALY
    PLACE OF RECEIPT BUSTO ARSIZIO,ITA

Last edited by Bob V; 12-22-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Page 461 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 361 411 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 511 561 961 ... LastLast