Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conmax View Post
    And you are an emotional hot head. No amount of money would be worth risking my life driving next to you in a race. If you were starting to lose, you would likely crash into the other boat like you have done in the past. All this name dropping, committing other people's boats, and pure speculation diminishes any credibility you may have had.
    Like I said before, you are a complete idiot. Everything you post is false (including that I crash into other boats, which has NEVER happened), and you obviously have no knowledge when it comes to performance boats. I also don't "name drop" as you say, the people I speak of are my friends, of which you probably have none.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well that escalated quickly.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed my coffee this morning!
    Bill

97 COUGAR 21 MTR
    260 EFI MERC

4. Likes Mr. Demeanor, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how big you are, but you act on forums like someone who has "small man's disease". You know, like the small kid that was beaten up by the bigger kids in school and then grows up to be brave behind the written word.

You have attacked me from my initial posts on this forum. Having had mostly I/O's for a long time, I was seeking advice from members of this forum on technical issues of outboard set-up, props, etc. Many members have provided good information presented in a civil manner, except for you. All this because I prefer the pleasure use characteristics of center pod tunnel over a full tunnel. I certainly would not malign anyone for their preference for a true tunnel. You, however, resort to name calling and insults.

6. Likes Mr. Demeanor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Max ,
    I wouldn't worry about it . There are some out there who easily reach the end of their ability to communicate , and all they can do is resort to name calling ...
    Sounds like you made a wise decision and ordered a boat that fit's your need's . I'm sure you and your family will enjoy your new whip ...
    As far as Dale is concerned , he's right , he doesn't need to crash anyone else .
    He does a good job of turning em up-side-down all by himself ...

8. Likes Mr. Demeanor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how big you are, but you act on forums like someone who has "small man's disease". You know, like the small kid that was beaten up by the bigger kids in school and then grows up to be brave behind the written word.

You have attacked me from my initial posts on this forum. Having had mostly I/O's for a long time, I was seeking advice from members of this forum on technical issues of outboard set-up, props, etc. Many members have provided good information presented in a civil manner, except for you. All this because I prefer the pleasure use characteristics of center pod tunnel over a full tunnel. I certainly would not malign anyone for their preference for a true tunnel. You, however, resort to name calling and insults.
    Stick around. I think we all find one or two on every forum we end up clashing with. Its a great website though. There is an ignore option you can use to ignore (not see) any posts by certain members. You have a beautiful badass rig.

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I thought it was just us broke assed little boat guys that got in these kind of skirmishes. Always assumed the rich, big boat guys were too busy backstroking in their pools filled with $100 bills to get all riled up. I guess we really are all the same.

What brand of oil is best to use in a 30' skater anyways?

11. Likes activator22 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Wow, I thought it was just us broke assed little boat guys that got in these kind of skirmishes. Always assumed the rich, big boat guys were too busy backstroking in their pools filled with $100 bills to get all riled up. I guess we really are all the same.

What brand of oil is best to use in a 30' skater anyways?
    Hawaiian Tropic???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Rigged View Post
    Hey Dale,
    Can i come and play with these bad boy 600hp motors????
    Wow the 28 would look good with a set of them off the back 15"mids ! An the rite color !!!
    Last edited by tom kennedy; 02-21-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt that any stock twin 300 boat will compare with 400s. Even your beloved skaters are 8-10 mph faster with 400's. The deep tunnel boats will go through rough water better, but that is about all. I have ridden in a 28 skater and the low speed handling was atrocious. At anything other than near top speed, it would not stop porpoising. If you know anything about tunnel boat design, you would realize that a shallow tunnel will accelerate faster and have higher top speed that a deeper tunnel of the same design and type. I am not building my boat for offshore or rough water use; it is for pleasure use, great for the delta or Havasu. In any case, unless your friend has a sub 4000 lb race boat, a good 28 speedster with 200 more hp will easily walk away from it. Your assertions attempt to defy facts; after all, it is just high school physics.
    The 28 you rode in could not Ben set up worth a **** if you had bad handling an that bad of porpoise !

15. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought on the proposed wager, you could both drop off whatever amount was agreed upon at a local bank and have them hold it until the wager is settled, or something along those lines. I'm far from an expert, but my $$$$ is on the RGR with 200 less HP. I'm guessing the 28 Speedster and the 28 RGR are similar in size but the RGR has to be lighter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how well set up that boat was, but there are many reports about the poor low speed manners of the 28 skater.

It would not be safe to race razor no matter who holds the money.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally would refrain from posting about boating accidents, but since this razor guy has attacked me, I am doing it in defense. You can find more on offshore only under 2006 big cat poker run. Also, Matt Truillo who used to work for powerboat, brought up this incident in speed on the water again in 2013 as a warning to poker run participants. So much for razor's assertion of never crashing.

Re: Big Cat Poker Run 2006 Pics- Discovery Bay, CA !!!!

Originally Posted by Lofty
    Hey Jonas, Thanks for the hospitality, you and Tiff are great hosts! We're headed out to Sams for lunch. Get Danny to drop that barge in the water and haul azz down river.

And yes, PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS CHIT! Too many rumors not enough fact will hurt all involved and the sport as a whole.

We'll the media has it now. Did they get it right?

Posted on Sat, Aug. 12, 2006
    email this
    print this
    Two hospitalized after Delta boat accident
    By Lisa Vorderbrueggen
    CONTRA COSTA TIMES

A man was airlifted to the hospital and several others were plucked from the Delta near Pittsburg on Saturday morning after a 30-foot racing boat flipped and triggered a freak pile-up.

The boat, referred to as a "skater" racing craft with its distinctive catamaran-style hull, was traveling about 100 miles per hour when its steering arm apparently broke, said Pittsburg marina spokesman Gene Lacey.

The accident occurred at a gathering of 130 boats at the confluence of Middle and New York sloughs across from the Dow Chemical plant in Pittsburg.

The boaters had just started a day-long poker run, a water version of five-card stud, Lacey said. Boaters travel to a pre-determined list of marinas and restaurants and pick up playing cards along the way. The boat with the best hand wins.

But for folks in five of these expensive watercraft, often called "cigar boats," there would be no winning hand. Instead, two boaters ended up in the hospital, one boat sank and the other boats would suffer thousands of dollars in damage.

Saturday's run began with a shot-gun-style start and the boats roared simultaneously down the slough, Lacey said.

When the steering column snapped and the ill-fated craft flipped several minutes into the event, the speeding boats near it were forced to swerve "and four boats couldn't stop in time," Lacey said.

Two occupants of the first boat went into the water but were uninjured, Lacey said.

Their boat, however, worth roughly $300,000, "was sunk," Lacey said.

As of Saturday afternoon, the boat tilted in the slough nose up with its motor underwater, where it awaited a vessel tow, he said.

A man in one of the boats that collided in the aftermath also ended up in the water and was airlifted to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, confirmed Sheriff's Department spokesman Jimmy Lee.

Another person was taken to Sutter Delta Medical Center in Antioch.

Their names were not immediately available although Lee said both victims were alert and conscious at the time of the transport.

None of the other boaters were injured and vessels not involved in the accident continued with the poker run, Lacey said.

The other boats involved in the collision suffered varying degrees of damage. Lacey said one boat limped into the marina and was beached on the launch ramp. City staff kept it afloat with a pump until it was placed on a trailer.

Given the large number of boats traveling at high speeds in close proximity, the accident could have been far worse, Lacey added.

"This type of thing doesn't happen very often," he said, "but these poker runs are becoming more and more popular, so they will probably have to shift to a staggered start system."

The Coast Guard and the marine patrol unit of the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department responded to the incident.

Reply Reply With Quote _i

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how well set up that boat was, but there are many reports about the poor low speed manners of the 28 skater.

It would not be safe to race razor no matter who holds the money.
    Dan is the owner of the boat and he is beyond careful. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have any interest in any kind of challenge like that until he has a ton of seat time but an acceleration run from 50-100 would be VERY interesting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Challenging someone to a race driving someone elses boat automatic DQ.

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast