PDA

View Full Version : Can't get sound on Vids

Ted Stryker
12-11-2005, 12:44 PM
When I view videos, I get no sound... I always go up to the " VIEW " box and click off of " mute ", but still no sound... My speakers do work, what am I missing..? Thanks in advance...

Fish
12-11-2005, 01:51 PM
what program are you using to watch it with? Do you have a PC or mac?

Ted Stryker
12-11-2005, 08:49 PM
I have a Dell Pc with Windows Media Player, if that's what you meant... It always worked until about 2-3 weeks ago.. I used to just right click and whaalaa, on occasion I have " opened in new window "... I'm a true sub-genius on the computer, that's the biggest problem...

Fish
12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
I have a Dell Pc with Windows Media Player, if that's what you meant... It always worked until about 2-3 weeks ago.. I used to just right click and whaalaa, on occasion I have " opened in new window "... I'm a true sub-genius on the computer, that's the biggest problem...

Kevin, here are a couple things to try:

1. on the system tray in the lower right there should be a picture of a speaker. Double click it (rather than single) to open the expanded volume settings. Make sure all volumes are turned up and none muted.

2. Try opening the video file with another program. You will have to download the video (right click on the link, choose "save as" and save it to your hard drive) and save it on your computer if it is not already saved there. Go to the movie file through windows explorer or my computer, right click on the file and chose "open with" then pick an alternative video program like quicktime or real player (you probably have one of these standard with windows, and if it is not in the menu, look in "chose program" in the same driop down).

If you have sound with an alternative program then it is probably windows media player itself (the program) and not your computer. Try going to microsoft.com and download the latest codecs and updates for windows media player.

If you are still having problems, pm me your number and I will see if I can help you over the phone.

fish

Ted Stryker
12-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks Fish, I really appreciate it... I clicked a video about an hour ago and got audio.. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't i guess... May be my Windows player like you mentioned.. I'm real hestant to do anything with the computer anymore, my last one got so infiltrated ( ruined ) with pop-ups by the gazillions that it's got me gun shy to do anything but 2 boat sites...I'll try the things you mentioned, and go from there... Thanks again, Kevin...