PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera

Hydropromax
10-07-2005, 10:36 AM
I need a good quality digital camera, at least 3 or 4 mega pixel. Please inform me of a good price for a new one or if you have a used one i can buy.

Spd-Kilz
10-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I would recommend the Canon A520 personally.

Scream And Fly
10-09-2005, 01:37 AM
There are so many possible answers to that question - what is your price range?

Hydropromax
10-09-2005, 04:51 AM
I only need one that if i loose it or drop it in the water i won't be out a lot of money. Only need a 4 megapixel at the most.

Rickracer
10-09-2005, 07:53 AM
I picked it based on Greg's recommendations and budget constraints. I am thoroughly pleased with it. It was less than $200 and came with a 128 meg memory chip. :cool:

Hydropromax
10-09-2005, 11:30 AM
I guess i'm going to get one of these. Everyone else is buying memory to make the camera they buy work. Thats an extra 40 bucks. I have friends that drop their cameras in the lake all the time, as well as their cell phones.

Rickracer
10-09-2005, 11:33 AM
...it was an internet special. I printed the page and took it in with me. Apparently the store didn't know about it, but had to give me the deal anyway. :cool:

wild child2
10-15-2005, 08:14 PM
I need a good quality digital camera, at least 3 or 4 mega pixel. Please inform me of a good price for a new one or if you have a used one i can buy.

I have a Canon G6 for sale that has only been out of the house twice. I paid $599 for it local and only want $450 with free shipping to your front door using UPS ground.

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6222

Hydropromax
10-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm really not looking to spend that much wild man. Thanks though. :o

hsbob
10-21-2005, 03:00 PM
what ever you buy check the shutter lag. thats the time it take between when you push the button and the time it takes the picture. eg with my wifes camera i tried to take a picture of my 3yr grandson jumping off a pool diving board. i pushed the button as he started the jump and the camera took the picture as he came up out of the water. my nikon d1x took 6 picture in the same time.

get one with a lag you can live with , that has lots of optical zoom and is at least 3mp or higher.

Hydropromax
10-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks hsbob, i haven't bought a camera yet. I will probably buy one this weekend. I will remeber to check on the shutter.
what ever you buy check the shutter lag. thats the time it take between when you push the button and the time it takes the picture. eg with my wifes camera i tried to take a picture of my 3yr grandson jumping off a pool diving board. i pushed the button as he started the jump and the camera took the picture as he came up out of the water. my nikon d1x took 6 picture in the same time.

get one with a lag you can live with , that has lots of optical zoom and is at least 3mp or higher.

jphii
10-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Find a used Coolpix 950. There are many that say (myself included) that it may be the best "budget" camera Nikon ever made. Mine has duct tape holding the batteries in, looks like s**t, smells worse, but still takes great pics. To give you an idea what kind of pics it takes at "low" resolution, look at www.jphii.com (http://www.jphii.com) All of the pics there were taken with my 950, and most of them have been seriously downsized. I wouldn't get rid of it for any camera on the market now under 2k. I'll take a full sized pic tonight so you can see what it looks like. That is, if I can talk my wife into getting naked! Actually, I wouldn't mind seein that myself!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Scream And Fly
10-21-2005, 06:39 PM
I have an old Nikon 995 that I still use for some product shots and related macro work. It's an awesome camera and it can take great photos, but some of the newer cameras out today are much faster and have better battery life. The 990/995 remain 'hallmark' cameras though, but the battery life is not very good. The good thing about them is that they allowed full manual control.

Greg