PDA

View Full Version : My Stacker

largecar91
09-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Well racing sason is over for me so it is time to start trying to get all the peices fitted up on my Stacker. It will be a winter project along with a 1971 135 Merc short shaft that I am restoring. I hope to keep you posted on the progress as I go. Barry :D

Dave S
09-17-2005, 04:00 PM
But ya forgot to put the lower pan on. :rolleyes: Now ya gonna have to pull the powerhead. :cool: Don't forget to put bigger jets in with the stacks. ;) What boat are you going to use???

Raceman
09-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Gotta love that ole' MC1 Speedmaster too. The megs on those stacks look really cool if you put em on a buffer.

largecar91
09-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I was just playing around with the parts. You know just to kinda get an idea of what it will look like. I am not sure on the coating on the megaphones yet. I remember you guys telling me that they get a lot hotter than the elbows. I was kinda leaning towards coating the megaphones with the Jet hot coating that they put on headers in cars. It looks pretty cool and would be a great heat barrier since I am going to run this engine. Not sure what boat to put it on yet. I would like to find an old race tunnel. I am still trying to get a hold of the guy who I sold my old race boat with the T2 on it and buy it back.I also used to have a black Kitson (single engine)in the mid 70's and that would be a cool boat also.

Raceman
09-17-2005, 07:15 PM
What could be better than just polished stainless? Just run the water through em continuously if you're worried about the heat. It'll make at least some difference. (that's the way I've got mine) I never realized the cones get hotter than the elbows. Since they're sheet metal as opposed to the thicker elbows I'd think they'd disipate heat a lot faster anyway if they do heat up.

So you're plannin' on actually runnin' it? You must have some sho' nuff desolate place in mind 'cause you can hear em for miles and I haven't heard of anybody gettin' by with runnin' one without hassle in the last 20 yrs.

Bruster
09-17-2005, 07:39 PM
.....It looks pretty cool and would be a great heat barrier since I am going to run this engine. Not sure what boat to put it on yet. I would like to find an old race tunnel. I am still trying to get a hold of the guy who I sold my old race boat with the T2 on it and buy it back.I also used to have a black Kitson (single engine)in the mid 70's and that would be a cool boat also.

Gary sez " Decided to sell the boat....restored it to show and run the Stacker on. Test ran it once down here and got a ticket. Ran it once at the March Mt. Dora boat show and the Police booted us off the lake. Stacker going back into the collection. Gary " :eek:

Raceman
09-17-2005, 09:47 PM
I've been thinkin' about buildin' up a stacker motor with the stacks and plate on just as dummies. The damn things are so loud you can't run em anywhere, but they still look cool.

largecar91
09-17-2005, 10:57 PM
I am going to try to get a half time show at one of our races next year and see if I can get a few people together to run their boats for exhibition. That would be pretty cool. I can run the boat on our lake for short blasts. I test my race boat on the lake all the time. Maybe a twin stacker Kitson could come out and play!!!

25ss
09-18-2005, 01:58 AM
I would love to have one on my carlson also.
I thought about making stacks for a regular motor that you could turn on and of ( slide or butterfly) Wouldnt make any more power but would look cool & could be noisey when you wanted!!!!!!
Dale!

Dukeofchippewa
09-18-2005, 03:47 AM
You gotta make a video, so we can see and HEAR it run.:D

largecar91
09-18-2005, 07:14 AM
It will be spring time before she will be in the water. It sure would be neat to get a bunch of these Stackers and Twisters(1,2, & T2X's) together and let them run. Show the public what it used to be like. Get that twin Stacker Kitson out there and hear ir run(hint, hint)! :D

Mark75H
09-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Clayton, NY 2006 Antique Raceboat Regatta .... make all the noise you want:D

BRING THEM ALL !

largecar91
09-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Going to Clayton is like a "Pilgrimedge"!!! :cool:

Dave S
09-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Just run the stackers at 12 00 at night when every one is sleeping. ;) Then the news can report that a UFO was flying across the lake shooting flames and making high pitched screeeem. :D

lilabner
09-19-2005, 07:37 PM
The words from the MAN of the Stack Cats: Chuck Mersereau..

"Kick em out an let 'er eat"

largecar91
11-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Racing season is over so I started working on the stacker again. Getting all the cowling parts fitted, polishing the lower unit. I still have to send the cowling out to have it louvered. It is about time to tear it all down and get everything blasted and painted and reassemble it so it looks real "purty". :D :D

Bruster
11-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Where can you get a cowling louvered and how much does it cost? I need to get one done but I didn't think anyone did that stuff.

Many sheet metal fabrication shops have louver punches. :eek:

largecar91
11-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I Am Going To Go To A Custom Car Shop. They Normally Have Louver Presses. I Have An Original Inline 6 Louvered Cowl (non Stacker) To Go Off Of. Not Sure On The Cost. I Will Let You Know As Soon As I Get It Done.

largecar91
11-06-2005, 03:55 PM
My Factory Cowl Is In Need Of A Couple Of Those Screens Plus I Will Need 4 For The New Cowling. Not Real Sure Yet On Those. I Was Kinda Hoping To Get Some Help From Someone On This Board?????

59powercat1400
11-06-2005, 07:30 PM
hey Barry, what are you going to run it on? If it said earlier in the posts, I missed it. Dick.

largecar91
11-07-2005, 06:24 AM
I got a couple rare old boats that I am working on buying. I will post pictures when I buy one or both of them. I really need 2 more boats(Don't tell my wife!!) because I also have a 1971 135 Merc short shaft that I need to hang on something! :D

59powercat1400
11-07-2005, 03:27 PM
cool. post pics when you can. we like pics. :)

largecar91
11-07-2005, 09:14 PM
I will post pics as things progress.