PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about my fineline centurion outboard tunnel?

pwerwagn
09-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I have a 1985 fineline centurion tunnel, 20'. It was sold sans motor, but was rigged for a merc. It has a 1986 200 black max on it now (blown up at the moment...:( ). I've had the boat since about 1990. The story I got was it was a one-off boat. It has a label on the dash that says "comp use only, not for rec use, not coast guard approved" etc etc. It was originally a center steer. We have converted it into a ski boat of sorts. It runs about 77mph with the 26 chopper at 4,000' altitude on the GPS.
does anyone know any history on it??? here are a few pictures of it:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wellsargo/detail?.dir=2b40&.dnm=6d89.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wellsargo/detail?.dir=2b40&.dnm=6e8e.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wellsargo/detail?.dir=2b40&.dnm=c7b4.jpg&.src=ph

thanks,
Jeff Argo

pwerwagn
09-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I've done some searching and it seems as though this hull fairly common. someone mentioned that it is the same as an advantage banshee? Is that true?
thanks,
Jeff

triple dude
09-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Does kinda look like a Banshee but I'm more familiar with Advantage inboards/jets. They do have a website, advantageboats.com. If they don't make banshee's anymore, there's still a readers rides on the site that might help.

pwerwagn
09-29-2005, 09:15 AM
thanks for the info. I'll check that out.
--Jeff

LakeRacer99
09-29-2005, 09:32 AM
pwrwagon...I am not real familiar with the Centurion, but I think they are very cool looking-btw.

To me, the Banshee, the Eliminator Scorpion and the Liberator 19 are identical boats. The Rapid Craft Riot was built from the scorpion hull with changes. I think the bottom and deck of the Centurion is different from these, they do share the same shaped pickleforks though.

Here is one that was on eBay a while back...note different deck lines.

pwerwagn
10-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, the deck lines are different on a Centurion than the others. A little more "squarish" looking to me. I wonder if all those variations ride like crap in the rough like mine does??

on another note, there is a sticker on the passenger side, right next to the seat, on mine that says
"this boat was designed for competition use only, and does not meet us coast guard safety standards. Use of this boat for recreational purposes is not intended......" and goes on about some other crap.
Is that sticker on all centurions?
--jeff

chris c
06-23-2009, 09:24 PM
the blue boat might be my friend jacks he picked it up in greenwood lake ny but it has anewer motor on it where was this from its funny cause the trailer is the exact match as well

Mark75H
06-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Chris, you have resurrected a thread almost 4 years old: 10-03-2005,

pwerwagn
06-23-2009, 09:57 PM
LOL ya, this was a while back! Still got it though, and my cousin bought it's twin in Cali last summer.

Jeff

twocents
08-22-2009, 11:17 PM
More than likely it is a copy of a Banshee or a Scorpion which was originally a Ron Edhe design. Advantage was still making Banshees up until about 1990 -- not sure when Eliminator dropped the Scorpion. If you really want to know more, give Rick Lee a call at his Centurion plant in Merced, CA. He would know for sure!