PDA

View Full Version : Twister II value.

RBT
08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I have a line on a Twister II, with a pile of spare parts, I am curious as to the value of a good complete motor. I do not know a lot about it, but it hasn't been run in over 20 years, apparently is stock and complete and does turn over.

That is all I know, I am looking for ball park numbers here.

RT

T2x
08-29-2005, 04:19 PM
I have a line on a Twister II, with a pile of spare parts, I am curious as to the value of a good complete motor. I do not know a lot about it, but it hasn't been run in over 20 years, apparently is stock and complete and does turn over.

That is all I know, I am looking for ball park numbers here.

RT

I have no idea...but I'll give you 5% more than Raceman's best offer.

T2x :p

Mark75H
08-29-2005, 04:51 PM
I do not think there are enough true sales to say there is a "going price" for any of the Twisters. A few lucky folks will get them for clearing the space they are taking up, others with fat wallets will pay thousands for a showroom display.

Its in there somewhere.

Bruster
08-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Depending on condition and what you have. How about 2K? Send me an e-mail. :D

Raceman
08-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Depending on condition and what you have. How about 2K? Send me an e-mail. :D

I'd kinda think that's in the ballpark too. Maybe more on E Bay, but who knows? I've never paid anywhere near that for one, but the internet and a reasonably good economy has made a lot of collectibles crazy.

Fish
08-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I have no idea...but I'll give you 5% more than Raceman's best offer.

T2x :p
put me down for 5% over t2x :D

I guess they are worth what you are willing to pay for them. Parts are not as easy to find, and they have to be maintained, but I would love to find one in running shape and original.

Dave S
08-29-2005, 08:50 PM
I will pay 5 % more than Fish, whos next????? :rolleyes: Raceman you shoulda got into last not first. ;) % 5 % 5 % 5 % 5 % 5 % where will it end??? Like GAS prices... :p

Raceman
08-29-2005, 09:29 PM
What time does this auction end? I like to snipe em with 2 seconds left.:D

RBT
08-30-2005, 07:51 AM
The motor is outside toronto, I am told it it mint. I am going to see it on sunday. This would be for me........ sorry.

I also may have a line on a PAIR of T2x's.............. hehehe

and if anyone care's I know where there are 4 running 650XS's two are MINT.

RT

T2x
08-30-2005, 08:29 AM
What time does this auction end? I like to snipe em with 2 seconds left.:D

I rest my case....... The defendant has pleaded Guilty.

We wanted the truth but

WE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Bailiff please read the defendant his rights and take him to a holding cell until he reveals the whereabouts of every antique outboard race engine ever produced.

Next Case....... In the matter of the bean counters at Brunswick corp. who ordered the destruction of countless "Stackers" and "Twisters" . The prosecution asks for leniency in that they had no idea they were creating an opportunity for Raceman to become the Debeers of collector engines.

T2x :D :D

Raceman
08-30-2005, 09:11 AM

Next Case....... In the matter of the bean counters at Brunswick corp. who ordered the destruction of countless "Stackers" and "Twisters" . The prosecution asks for leniency in that they had no idea they were creating an opportunity for Raceman to become the Debeers of collector engines.

The people DEMAND justice. I suggest the death penalty by bein' hooked up to a battery of Thunderbolt ignitions.

T2x
08-30-2005, 09:27 AM
The people DEMAND justice. I suggest the death penalty by bein' hooked up to a battery of Thunderbolt ignitions.

Okay....we'll kill you....after you turn over the loot.

Fish
08-30-2005, 09:27 AM

We wanted the truth but

WE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Bailiff please read the defendant his rights and take him to a holding cell until he reveals the whereabouts of every antique outboard race engine ever produced.

:D :D :D LOL

RBT
09-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Well I missed out on 4 motors, they were purchased by a collector up here, I missed on a complete running T2, a complete T2x.... and apparently enough parts for another one, a 25XS and some small 10hp race motor that I have not heard of. It all sold for 3500 canadain. I snoozed on this one...... and feel ill about it. I knew for weeks that they were there and let it go till I had time.

RT