PDA

View Full Version : El Diablo at the Allison Rally...

etnprop
06-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Kenny Kitson and crew showed up at Cherokee Lake for Thursdays event with El Diablo in tow... not only did they endure all of our dumb questions about the boat (remember, we're Allison owners, right?) he put it in the water and ran it up and down the lake a few times for us as well. Just incredible to see it run and have him share a few stories about the history of the boat and his thoughts on racing in that era...they are planning to be around thru the Saturday event if anyone is "on the fence" about attending the 50th Anniversary Celebration.

Powercat
06-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Hope someone takes a bunch of photos for those of us who
could not make it !!

PARKER RABE
06-18-2005, 08:55 AM
please take pics!

Powercat
06-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Photo by Bob V.

rnelems
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
What a great photo,lot of history in this pic. Kenny looks pretty happy standing in front of the actual boat he raced. Wonder where Ernie's wing is now? Robert

Chummy
06-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Very cool boat I wish I had seen it run.

PARKER RABE
06-21-2005, 04:46 PM
no chit me too , i gotta see some video of this thing . anybody got any ?

minto
06-22-2005, 06:56 AM
More pics Pleeeease!

Dale
06-22-2005, 01:06 PM
http://allisonowners.com/rally05.html

http://www.********************/forums/showthread.php?t=1088
registration required

..Dale
wish I knew why he hasnt changed my whatchamacallit to 2005

PARKER RABE
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
i cant see the ones on the allison page

outboard bob
06-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Here is Mr Kitson in my boat--his boat--- well--- its mine and Kenny looks good in the boat and is having a fun time with it. This is at one of the Lakes we went to at the Allison 50th. Bob

Fish
06-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Those pics at Ron Hills site (boatracingfacts) are awesome! Would love to see Diablo in person some day!

outboard bob
06-29-2005, 08:32 PM
I plan on having the boat around for quite a while out and about at different events so that others can see it. I did not resurrect her to have it lay in some barn or somewhere,and Kenny is still interested in showing the boat so I will say it was a worthwhile rebuild and adds to the sport. B Valachovic

Fish
06-29-2005, 08:56 PM
I plan on having the boat around for quite a while out and about at different events so that others can see it. I did not resurrect her to have it lay in some barn or somewhere,and Kenny is still interested in showing the boat so I will say it was a worthwhile rebuild and adds to the sport. B Valachovic

If it is not too much trouble, could you let us know when she is going to make an appearance someplace?

fish

outboard bob
06-29-2005, 09:20 PM
I will do that.

Maureen M
06-30-2005, 05:58 PM
..in case you all haven't seen these

http://forums.screamandfly.com/Gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3088

Maureen

Fish
06-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Maureen
Not sure how I missed it, but thanks M, it is a great gallery! :)

Maureen M
06-30-2005, 07:04 PM
thanks...I had a great time there. If you can, try to go next year - the Allison Owners' group puts together a really awesome event, and I met a ton of cool people there. I met the guys from Hoss props (Dave, Tim and Chris) and we had a great time just hanging out and talking.

Maureen

minto
07-01-2005, 08:43 AM

MaureenFantastic pictures, awesome boats, and just look at that weather, just wish we could put on a show like that here in England. Thank you very much indeed for sharing all those shots, it's much appreciated.

Maureen M
07-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi Minto -

Glad you like the pics! I really have to hand it to the Allison Owners' Group, b/c putting on an event like that takes a ton of hard word, and they did a fantastic job.

I just got a new camera (Canon Digital Rebel XT), so I hope to get even more shots when I hit the races. And if you do happen to get something together in England, please let me know well in advance. I hear a lot of good things about some international events, and I'd love to cover one next year.

Maureen

minto
07-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi Minto -

Glad you like the pics! I really have to hand it to the Allison Owners' Group, b/c putting on an event like that takes a ton of hard word, and they did a fantastic job.

I just got a new camera (Canon Digital Rebel XT), so I hope to get even more shots when I hit the races. And if you do happen to get something together in England, please let me know well in advance. I hear a lot of good things about some international events, and I'd love to cover one next year.

MaureenMaureen, I look forward to seeing more pictures from your new camera. Sadly the British scene is a little on the backfoot at present. If you check out www.classicboat.org.uk (http://www.classicboat.org.uk). there are a few nice pics but you will notice the events page has not been updated since 2004. They are still running some events but the general enthusiasm seems to be losing momentum. There seems to be a lot more going on in your neck of the woods than mine, hence the reason I'm here looking at your photos.

Maureen M
07-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the link - some nice pics there, as well as on some of the other sites.

Do you live in London? I'm watching the news reports of the explosions now - I hope you and your family are safe!

:( Maureen

minto
07-07-2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the concern Maureen, we live about 100 miles from London so are safe and well. My wife works at our local hospital which has just been put on emergency standby to deal with the overflow of casualties from London, looks like it could be a long shift. We actually lived and worked in London for over 30 years during which time there were many bomb attacks, so I fully understand the chaos they are going through right now.