PDA

View Full Version : Raceman..... Need This??????????

kim cleckler
04-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I Cant Buy Anything From You :) Wanna Trade???

T2x
04-22-2005, 03:50 PM
That's like dangling a crank bait in front of a bass....... what you need to do is duplicate that piece ....and sell 'em.

T2x

Raceman
04-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Ouch................... you know I do need it, since I've got 2 of a set. Problem is, I ain't got any tradin' stock. You've already got multiples of everything I own.:(

Dave S
04-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey what is that??? I just saw a bunch of them things at a scrapyard that bought out a Merc dealer? What are they used for?? A transom bracket?? :confused: The truck loaded them up and they went to the smelter. :eek:

The Big Al
04-22-2005, 05:52 PM
I think it goes on the exhaust, not sure.

Looks like on of those pipes that come out the side of the cover then a exhaust tip goes on it.

Could also bo a flag pole bracket!:rolleyes:

Trikki1010
04-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey what is that??? I just saw a bunch of them things at a scrapyard that bought out a Merc dealer? What are they used for?? A transom bracket?? :confused: The truck loaded them up and they went to the smelter. :eek:

That's just downright WRONG :eek: :D :D

kim cleckler
04-22-2005, 08:16 PM
I Am Sure You Got Something............ :) I Am Trying To At Least Get Something From Ya.... ;) Anything Brokke Or Damaged??? Lol ..

Laker
04-22-2005, 10:35 PM
That's just downright WRONG :eek: :D :D

ROTFLMAO!!!
RICK! You got that right!!!! :D :cool:

Dave S
04-23-2005, 05:47 PM
I get nightmares about that kinda thing happening. :( But I check out the scrapyard on a weekly basis. and you would be shocked what goes to the smelter. I try to save any old Merc /parts that have a use.

Raceman
04-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Dave, I gotta believe you're foolin' with us. It'd be hard to think a backup quantity of those ever existed since there weren't that many complete stacker setups built.

I useta' go up and visit my buddies at Merc's Atlanta branch several times a year and it was sickening the stuff that got scrapped up there. They had a whole high perf 3.4 on an engine stand there that I begged for, offering to sign any kind of disclaimer or pay anything within reason for. It supposedly had some kind of prototype pistons in it that MAY have made it unreliable, so they wouldn't even talk about it. I offered to pull the pistons and give em to em, since I wanted it to display only, but it didn't happen. I was told they busted it up with a sledge hammer and threw it in the metal bin. There were also some complete 1500XS powerheads that I was told suffered the same fate after they were offered to the dealers at a "WHOPPING" 10% off regular dealer price, which by then was over 3K and didn't sell. Merc ain't shy at all about scrappin' pefectly good parts and makin' em NLA so they can take the tax write off.

Kim, I'm still thinkin' and lookin'. You've got so much stuff it's hard to figure anything I've got that you'd want.:(

blkmtrfan
04-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Merc ain't shy at all about scrappin' pefectly good parts and makin' em NLA so they can take the tax write off.

I also find this kind of threatment of parts confusing, remember when GM used to crush any one-off show cars and/or special motors. :confused:

Locally quite a few years back, when Uniflite (a very sucessfull local cruiser manufacture) was being sold off, right before the auction they crushed all of the molds with a big cat instead of selling them with the other items :confused:

JSK
04-27-2005, 06:33 PM
I know that whenever I try to talk to long time Merc dealers during my travels about letting me rummage around "the back" for stuff, they look at me as though I'm from the tax department.

I'm not the only one - know of a few full time marina mechanics who have been treated the same way.