PDA

View Full Version : Old HydroStream Display

Clyde
03-18-2005, 11:01 AM
I got these photos from Dan at Fort Fremont. I wanted to know if he had any pics of a "Top Gun" display they did back when the movie came out. It had a V-king suspended upside down by it's transom over another V-king with manicans [sp] dressed like fighter pilots in the drivers seats "ala" the movie. He couldn't find a pic of the year they did it for the G.B. boat show, but he sent me these pics of the same equip. holding a nice YT upright over a bowrider. Pretty cool huh? :)

Clyde
03-18-2005, 11:12 AM
oops, too big, try again.

pyro
03-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Clyde,
Did you see the thread I posted a while back?
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70461
I scanned some old Hydrostream photos from Fort Fremont Marine.
Cool boat show display!

Clyde
03-18-2005, 12:49 PM
The AE 21 in your third photo of that thread was a demo and thier personal boat for a while. It had a purple fade stripe that was painted on by the guy that did my boat (Bruce at Boatec). That was the first AE 21 I every saw.

I think the first guy that bought it made one payment and defalted on the loan. The bank reposessed it and it went back to the "Fort" on consignment. That poor thing sat there awhile before it resold.

pyro
03-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I got those X-Stream photos from my boat's previous owner. He spent a lot of time researching new and used 'Streams before he purchased the Vegas XT in 1995 or 1996.

Alan Power
03-20-2005, 06:55 PM
That is one REAL nice looking v-king! :cool: :cool: