PDA

View Full Version : Jesse James River Marathon????

runwhatchabrung
03-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Has anyone ever raced this race. It was a 150hp stock outboard only race on the Mississippi. I may have the name wrong and don't remember the year. We ran it, I know it's dumb to forget the name and date of a race you have been in, but I was just thinking about it. We fiinished 10th after they disquailified the top two. The main thing I remember was adding the big fuel cell and barge waves. I have no pictures and think it was back around 90-92. :confused:

catfishhart
05-13-2005, 09:59 PM
The race was the Jesse Brent Memorial River Maration. It was a 420 mile race from Lake Fergusion in Greenville, Ms. to Myersville, Ms. down the Mississippi River. four times. The race first started in the mid 80's as a run what you brung race, with every type of boat and motor or motors, you could hang on a boat. The race in the late 80's and the early 90's had two clases the 150 stock class, and the 200 open class most of the boats were Allison's . In 91 they changed to stictly the 150 hp class with mostly XR 2001 and XR 2002 Allison's and a few Lazers thown in for the crowd to watch them blow out when they got light on fuel. I have one of the XR 2002 Allisons that was a victim of a tow boat wave. has been rebuilt by allison and looks as good as new. Joe

runwhatchabrung
05-16-2005, 03:57 PM
That's it, thanks. I remember it was an awesome time. I ran it when I was only 18. Roark Summerford was the one that put us up to running it. I started college and didnt' return etc, etc. Learned about beer and women, :D