PDA

View Full Version : Mark75/Raceman - Easy quiz

jonw
02-23-2005, 01:17 PM
A smiley face to the first one to identify the shafts in the attached photo. You may have to resize as I am new at this game.

Mark75H
02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
A better test for DaveS than me. He takes more stuff apart than I do. Also his vision will probably correct the blurriness. :p

jonw
02-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Sam, Did you get my note reference your email address?

The picture quality is really bad. How do you get a photo to the correct size and still have detail?

Jon Wright

Raceman
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I can't do it either. I don't do my own gearcases.

Bruce Washburn
02-23-2005, 05:01 PM
One looks like a old RH speedmaster. one is a #6speedmaster LH and I do not know what the other is. Am I even close

jonw
02-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Bruce, Yes you are close. Old die cast and new model #6. Rotation is right or left at this stage. How about the third one?

Mark75H
02-23-2005, 05:35 PM
No, I can't find the note, Jon. You can email me at Mark75H@aol.com

Sizing pictures is different with each different brand of software. I use some professional high end stuff that is pretty versatile (and expensive).

Where ya been? Hidin' under a rock somewhere? Just kidding! :) Its nice to hear from you again.

jonw
02-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Just laying low trying to stay alive. This time of year cabin fever sets in pretty hard. Hince the quiz. The third shaft is the product of boredom.

I am going to send you some photos of the transmission setup. Thought you might like to have them for your collection.

Dave S
02-23-2005, 07:23 PM
I can't SEE. I can't HEAR. I can Breath. One outa 3 seems good. ;) I can't tell by the Pix, and I problay never been in the case the shafts came out of. I got 2 gear cases I can't get the canopener to open, they are safe for now. :rolleyes:

delawarerick
02-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I can contest to the fact that Dave S can take some stuff apart. I have an L6 spread all over the garage. :eek: Rick

jonw
02-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Last year I contacted you guys about a diecast L/U with no luck. Because I had a couple of great props that would only fit the small diecast splines, I took an old diecast prop shaft and turned it into one that would work in the new # 6 housing. The L/U housing is stronger, turns R/H and really works well.

Mark75H
02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Cool deal. Always more than one way to skin a cat :D

Raceman
02-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Last year I contacted you guys about a diecast L/U with no luck.

You tried to contact me with no luck? Sorry................. I don't ever intentionally ignore an E mail, and try to check PM's a couple of times a week, although I don't do it daily.

What are you referring to as "die cast"? I've never heard that description. Is it different than an old SSM?

Mark75H
02-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Here's Jon's motor:http://www.********************/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1968&stc=1

Jon, I folded up your blanket and moved the boat a little farther from the house to make the picture look better. What do you think?

jonw
02-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Sam, That does look better.......................You really do have some high powered software.

Sorry Norris, the note was through S&F e-mail. Yes, the prop shaft was from one of the first model SMs. When I first got into the game diecast was how the small SMs were called. I still have two or three of the housing but all the skegs are gone. That is not a problem for me but for anyone looking at a restoration it would not work so well.

The Big Al
02-24-2005, 08:05 PM
I could not even imagine what that thing sounds like!

Talk about dry stacking!!!:rolleyes:

Backfire
02-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Looking forward to you joining us again at SMOKIN' IN THE COVE this year, Jon. That is a real piece of work/art! That is a two speed is it not?
Backfire ;)

jonw
02-27-2005, 09:35 PM
If I can still get in the capsule we will be there. Best boat race in the country. The folks sure put on a good show.

Yes, it is a two speed. Thanks for your comments.

Jon,

Rodney Nance
02-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Back on the diet!

jonw
03-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Every year the step getting into the boat grows taller. I figure if we let the air out of the boat trailer tires I will be OK. That way you can get some exercise pumping them back up.................

As to the weight.......the wheel is now held straight by my belly which frees up both hands for a snack or sandwich (on white bread).