PDA

View Full Version : GO-MC "C SERVICE LOWER UNIT

Backfire
02-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Came across this doc., info on the front, a tech drawing on the back. It was manufactured by Tommy Goslee of Hot Springs and Arthur S. Mc Means, Jr.
Backfire ;)

Mark75H
02-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks!

"C Service" is an alky class using 1930's & 40's 30 cubic inch Evinrude fishing powerheads. It has a lot more restrictions than "C Racing" had, but allowed much more common and less expensive motors. It remains a viable, active class even today.

Jeff Lytle
02-04-2005, 10:54 PM
I had one of those I used to run on my C Service Runabout. I bought it from Tim Warren. Darn good bulletproof unit.

When 3 blade cleavers were 1st being tinkered with in the class, the objective was to either shorten the tower, or buy a Goslee unit. They were about 2" shorter in height than the standard units available at the time. When the 3 bladers were banned by the AORA, we went back to using either a modified Speeditwin unit, or Eldredge units.
There were heavy restrictions on the configuration of the lower units as well as the engines. Goslee sure knew his rule book, cause even 2" shorter, they were still legal to use.