PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Hydro Jack Leaks

Propster
05-14-2001, 04:16 PM
I have a newer Bob's Hyd Jackplate with the plastic reservoir for the oil. A pint of oil leaked out into my bilge. I haven't checked it out real close yet, but there is some oil on the top of the plasic reservoir. It might be just a loose fitting.

Anyone had this happen?

Balzy
05-14-2001, 05:26 PM
at Firewater last year. The the one screw that holds the plastic bottom tank on came out and the tank fell of. All the oil went into the bildge. What a mess. Thanks to the PBCC guys and some silicone and Anthony for having some kind of special canadian self tapping screw we put her back together with flashlights one night. Still holding, knock on wood. Might be your screw is coming loose.

espen
05-14-2001, 05:42 PM
Hi!
The problems I have seen with bobs jackplates are leaking hoses,bad relees,cracked oil reservoir,broken temp gard in electric engine,
several cracked hydraulic cylinders ,changed mine to heavy
duty alu ,bent plate,worn lubricating strips.

Propster
05-14-2001, 07:24 PM
Jeez Espen,

I thought I was hard on equipment. You Norwegions are in a league of your own! If you are vertical on the waves and they are cresting over the front of your boat, it is time to get off the water!:p

Liqui-Fly
05-18-2001, 03:14 PM
I just bought a big 10" this winter...suppose their new lift gauge sucks too... David

Propster
05-21-2001, 02:09 PM
Found the Leak,

It was just a loose fitting. Mechanic Error (me), not Bob's fault. Still works great!

espen
05-21-2001, 03:26 PM
Dear Propster!
Thanks for your consern....All this problems is not experiances from one jackplate but from aprox 10 ,used for pleasure and offshore racing.
But dont forget the Norwegian Vikings set sail and was the first to discower America.
The vikings did other stuff to that I dont want to mention...
Espen