PDA

View Full Version : best all around jet boat hull.

Bdusted440
12-19-2004, 08:58 PM
What is the best jet boat hull for all around use. I/E family and play.

triple dude
12-20-2004, 11:05 AM
I've got an Advantage bowrider with BBC. Great boat for hauling lots of people and stuff. I can cram in 8-10 folks and 2-4 coolers at once. Not the fastest thing but when you want to be a bus, it's the deal.

sms
12-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Hard to beat the Glastron Carlson for a family jet. 455/Berkley trouble free, seats 6, 55 mph or so. Rides fine in rough water. James Bond looks.
Oh yeah, cheap to buy also.

triple dude
12-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Are you thinking of buying a jet?? I keep SAYING I'm gonna sell mine but never seem to get around to it. It's not looking real appealing right now but you'd have a hard time finding a prettier one. And bowrider versions are VERY rare in the midwest.

Unchained
12-21-2004, 07:33 AM
As far as smooth ride the tunnel hulls are by far the best.

I would say the best all around hull is a 21' Eliminator Daytona or a 21' Edge Phantom.

http://www.michiganhotboats.com/gallery/albums/album03/DSC00130.sized.jpg

stoker bill
12-24-2004, 10:02 AM
The best all around hull is a California Performance 19' gullwing (tx-19) plenty of room,good rough water ride and is stable well over 100 mph. I have rigged and run many of these and they are real easy to drive and make go fast. 650 hp gets you 85+, 975 Hp gets 105 or so and for the nuts 1800 Hp gets you 128.7 mph (that was my own boat) these are all full weight with interior etc speeds. If you can do with less room, hard to beat a eliminator daytona tunnel, sweet looking and fast if set up right,but kind of tight. If you are serious about the cal 19 performance call Bill Scotton he still does 6-8 boats per year.

Bdusted440
12-27-2004, 08:21 PM
do you have a contact number for them?california performance.

150aintenuff
01-21-2005, 02:19 PM
What is the best jet boat hull for all around use. I/E family and play.

Thats a loaded question...... where do you boat, what is concidered family use... how fast, what other uses, which meterials....

Personally I say Aluminum is the best hull... THEY WERE FIRST:p but my opinion isnt the rule... Just had to say something to your question... just bein a smart***

hallnass
02-18-2005, 09:49 PM
My personal pick would be the 20ft youngblood tunnel. looks cool, takes rough water with ease, room for 4, can make 100 mph blast with ease. good luck in your hunt
look for set back pump. no panthers or jaccuzzis (unless you want a hot tubb)
good luck.:D

Pete Budka
06-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Does anybody sell these new? The last time I was interested in one the dealer I believe was East Valley Perf. in Arizona? I'd appreciate any feedback.The Youngblood is a bad sob!!!!

Thanks; Pete

pyro
06-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Why JET to start with? (somebody has to ask the question) vs something like a HS Voyager?
Do you need an open bow? Nothing beats a bowrider for family fun.
Do you want to pull toys behind it? (think: kids climbing over a sun deck hatch vs. a big, ugly exposed BB)?

The guy that sold me my boat, replaced it with the one in the picture below. 21 foot Eliminator V-bottom open-bow. 502 jet, supposedly runs low to mid 60's. I'm sorry, but you aren't going to fit 7 people and a cooler in any closed bow tunnel.

ILansberry
06-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Hmm, Seems like there are alot of opinions on what is the best hull. I would have to agree that aluminum is the way to go if you plan on shallow waters or beaching it alot. For the best rewarding expierence, try building one yourself, there alot of plans out there for the novice builders with a little wood working skill. I have owned and sold my boat, now I am looking to build a small Jet boat for the kids to tool around in. Just a guess but it should hit the mid 30's when I finish, I think for the kids it should be perfect.

Rampager
06-28-2005, 06:20 AM
Well its good to see more and more people discovering the beauty of an alloy hull.
I have only just recently had my 'new' aluminum tunnel in the water and I love the boat. I guess the aluminum does have some drawbacks but they are insignifigant when you consider the benefits. The durability, light weight and performance are outstanding. You won't find a longer lasting hull.
I'd have to say the styling and maybe the noise are about the only drawbacks to this type of hull. and my boat has no interior or carpet so noise may not be that much of an issue on a full interior boat. I love my tunnel and love that I can put her up on the gravel or sand and not worry one bit about scratching the bottom etc. I guess if you don't run any shallows than it may not be worth it but then again if you don't why have a jet?
Cheers

(the BEST all around jetboat, hmmmmm, 21.5 Eagle tunnel??? lol check out gator boats, they rig em nice with full interiors etc Cheers)

Sagabu
09-25-2005, 12:46 AM
Day cruisers are nice family jets such as the early Sleekcrafts or Hawians. They are just fast enough (about 60) for everyone and the size makes everyone feel safe in the roughest of waters.
Drop one on the water and expect tons of attention.
I call my 76 Sleekcraft the "Executive Express" .
My 82 baja 190-S is also an excellent family boat as it has an open bow.

Noah1
11-24-2005, 12:20 AM
V king Hydrostream

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/cobra041/hydrostream.jpg

hallnass
11-30-2005, 08:37 PM
I have seen all kinds of jetboats but never a hydro stream. Is this a conversion from an outboard boat? I like to see something different. How does it handle? I prefer the tunnel for ride quality, performance and safety, but a well setup hydrostream can leave the line pretty hard.
keith

Noah1
12-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Keith the jetboat is original 1978. Howard made 3 jets. One 18ft V-king & 2 Vegas.
1 of the Vegas was destroyed. The other 1 is for sale. http://www.teshio.com/JetBoat/hydrostream.htm They were prototype boats & never put into production. It has the 460 ford about 400hp with the Pather pump. I changed out the oil pan, to a 8qt & move the oil pump pickup to the back of the motor. Put a complete MSD ignition in it. The boat never had an interior in it. Had major carb & aluminum gas tank problems. Sitting for 6years, you know what shape things were in. Had the Carb rebuild & junk the tank. I live in MN & boating season is done for this year.
Never got all the bugs work out before the end of the season.
It jumps out of the water, just like the outboard does. I'll need a few more hours of seat time , before I get to craszy. I'll have to wait until spring to see what the top end is. My guess 65+????

Thanks JIMMMM

hallnass
12-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Good luck with the setup. If you need any help or have any questions give me a shout at keitht@dctexas.net I have mine running 114 mph and leaves the line ahead of the outboard guys, you know that kills them. I also have an outboard
mirage river racer. it's the ride around boat. I have set up a stream before but it
had a merc on the back. I prefer the jets they sound cool and there is an ocean of
go fast goodies for big block chevys. I run a 565 bbc 14:1cr, never been dynoed but desk top predicts 945hp before the nos. Let me know how the project turns out
always good to see some thing out of the ordinary. send some more pics. does it have a ride plate and droop snoot? if not that would be the first place to start.
Keith

hallnass
01-05-2006, 12:55 AM
I will agree with the tx19, to see some good youngblood action. check out
youngbloodjetboats.com you will see some good racing action pics and videos
from some lake racers. you will also see my 15 year old son in his first race in the jetboat.
Keith:D

sleekcrafter
01-25-2006, 08:51 PM
I vote TX-19 too, fast on minimal power.

Sleek

Dish_Ninja
05-17-2006, 01:36 PM
For all around, skiing, performance, ride the 21 eliminator daytona is the way to go!

fiberglass eatin gator
08-05-2006, 11:57 AM
im pretty partial to the 21ft tunnel, check out gatorjetboats.com if your in the midwest

antioch01
08-07-2009, 06:04 PM
What about a 21' Liberator jet? Are they too heavy for a jet drive. they seem to have plenty of room and look like a very dry ride.

sleekcrafter
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Liberator are fine boats. just a little spendy thats all.