PDA

View Full Version : slow loading??

race#115
12-14-2004, 10:15 AM
i am not bitching !but why is the site so slow to load up now ?is there anything i can do to my computer?it wasnt slow before the upgrade .this is my favorite site on the web but now it is the slowest.

BLUElixir
12-14-2004, 11:29 AM
I have also noticed that it has been slow. I'm sure it will probably clear up. I love the new look and features Greg! Thanks.

pyro
12-14-2004, 11:48 AM
The code gets bigger and more complex withnew features. Each page-long thread takes about 30 seconds of drooling boredom to load up on my dial-up connection at home. It's also even slow on the DSL at work.

Scream And Fly
12-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Actually, the new forum and portal system draws less queries on the server than the old system. That is offset by some added features though.

Also keep in mind that we're constantly working on the database, and will continue to do so for the next week, so slowdowns are inevitable during the upgrade process. That, in addition to the growth of this site can slow things down until we play the "catch-up" game with constant systems upgrades.

Right now we're on three dedicated T-1 lines. That's a pretty fat pipe by any web standard ;)

Greg