PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Photos of Joe Michelini's Aeromarine Special

Chinewalker
11-24-2004, 09:40 AM
I am stalled on a model project... I am building a scale model of the Aeromarine Special driven by Joe Michelini and the plans offered in an old magazine. The boat is being built for the Alterscale Mark 75H. Anyway, I have several black and white photos from the magazines - grainy or artistically enhanced at best. I would really like to find a few color photos, and one of the cockpit area for some detail work.

Thanks in advance!

- Scott

Mark75H
11-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Scott there don't seem to be many pictures of that boat or copies. There might be some B&W's in some old Propeller mags, but I don't have any. The only pics I've seen are the ones you have and a very rough pic of a copy from Alaska and this one from Florida

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=299538

Maybe Butch has some more pics of it :)

Mark75H
11-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Alaska

lilabner
11-24-2004, 08:12 PM
That's the only one I have..it was hard enough to go racing when you were only 16..having a camera was just out of the picture..

Butch

Ted March
11-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Please post that picture in RaceBoatFacts. com. I'"m sure there will be a bunch of responses.

Thanks

Mark75H
11-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Ted, I did a search and came up blank. It must be the sub page of some other url. Please post the complete url

Ted March
11-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Here it is:

www.********************

My mistake.

Thanks,
Ted

MN4V
11-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Got one!

Mark75H
11-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Can you email me a larger version of that?

Mark75H@aol.com

lilabner
11-26-2004, 09:04 PM
cool shot..you can feel the spray..

LakeRacer99
11-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Hey Scott...This wouldn't be an RC hydro would it?
I ran across this motor on the net, isn't it yours?
An alterscale cowling on a graupner RC outboard.
Very cool, nice handy work...

Chinewalker
12-01-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi Jason,
Nope, I didn't make up a 75H RC motor, although I've been tempted. I've even asked Alterscale if they had any "rejects" that I could use for parts.
The boat I'm building is actually for another collector who has had a Mark 75H made up out of a junker K&O Mark 75, prior to the Alterscale motors coming out. I think he wants to show the Alterscale motor next to the K&O one on the Aeromarine hydro. I was hoping to find some pics of the detail work on the original hydro to make the model more "true" to the original. At present, I've got a bare hull with the skin mostly in place. I still need to make the fore and aft cowlings and some hardware. Should be fun!
Thanks to those who posted photos!
- Scott

T2x
12-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Chinewalker
Hi Jason,
Nope, I didn't make up a 75H RC motor, although I've been tempted. I've even asked Alterscale if they had any "rejects" that I could use for parts.
The boat I'm building is actually for another collector who has had a Mark 75H made up out of a junker K&O Mark 75, prior to the Alterscale motors coming out. I think he wants to show the Alterscale motor next to the K&O one on the Aeromarine hydro. I was hoping to find some pics of the detail work on the original hydro to make the model more "true" to the original. At present, I've got a bare hull with the skin mostly in place. I still need to make the fore and aft cowlings and some hardware. Should be fun!
Thanks to those who posted photos!
- Scott

Scott:

Do you do these projects for hire...or is this a favor for a friend?

T2x

LakeRacer99
12-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Scott has some real talent...
I think it is amazing that you hand carved these from wood. They look great...

Mark75H
12-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Wow, Scott! Those are really cool!

Chinewalker
12-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi T2X,
I took this project on a few years ago when the word that the Mark 75H might actually be coming from Alterscale. It is for a friend. As I stated initially, I have stalled on the project because of lack of good detail pictures to work from. I'd love to get it as "right" as possible and would love to find a better pic of the cockpit area and the tail cowling artwork for a decal.
I've got a couple of other projects in the works, too, including a 1/8-scale Broccoli B-stock Runabout for a local racer. Pics of some of my other boats are on my website: http://www.pfs-ware.com/smith.

Sam & Jason - thanks for the complements on the motors! I built those close to 20 years ago - back before I actually owned any of them for real! Time permitting, that's something I wanted to get back into again someday....

- Scott