PDA

View Full Version : Al. Hydro on the water

Winger Ed.
06-21-2004, 11:09 PM
I can finally see the end of this.

Hooty & I took it to the lake today to see how it floats & where it'll balance at.

There ain't too much left but to build the drivers seat, steering console, dash, the paintjob, and then rig it.

Here's how it sits on the water when empty. It'll settle a bit when the fuel tank is full- 16 gal. and its located just behind the driver's backrest unter the cowling.

Thanks again for all yawls help & input.

ed.

Winger Ed.
06-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Here's how it sits with a 250lb driver.

mendo
06-21-2004, 11:22 PM
SWEEEEET!!!!!!!

That is great!!!

I have been watching this progress and admiring the work!!

Thank for keeping me posted. looking forward to seeing it run.

wing nut
06-21-2004, 11:30 PM
that thing is cool!

thaw ripper
06-22-2004, 03:14 AM
What color you going to go with? ~tr~

10.5' Tunnel
06-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Now that is cool! I remember your first pics of just a bunch of aluminum:D

delawarerick
06-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Alright the finished product is a work of art. Just think if you paid yourself minium wage you could retire:D On a serious note this has been one of my favorite build ups since Ive been on this site. Dont stop here paint it and post, run it and post. Rick

Winger Ed.
06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks yawl.

A bit tedious at times, but it has been a fun project to build.

It'll be basic white, inside & out with a light gold pearl over it.

I've got all the right paint guns & airbrush, if I can make the masking job come out right, it will get flames on the front.

They'll be a reddish orange pearl color for the front part of the pattern. A bright medium blue that is also loaded up with pearl will make up the sides ofthe flames. The edges of the pattern and the tips will be done with a yellowish color also made mostly from gold pearl.

The pattern will start at the front end, then break up and small pieces of flame pattern will break off and continue towards the back. The effect I'm trying to get is something breaking up from the speed & heat of re-entry in the Earth's atmosphere.

I'll know if the pattern will come out as its being masked. If I can't make it look right, I'll probably just run a stripe or two.

I figure in about 2 weeks or so, the paint job will be done and we'll see if Ed. can safely quit his day job and become a airbrush artist. *chuckle*

Thanks again for the help & support.

Ed..

Dave S
06-23-2004, 04:36 PM
And no core rot.;) How many beer cans did you have to weld.:D