PDA

View Full Version : Cable Users ! You have got to check this out!

steve
02-18-2004, 08:54 PM
I am not one that likes to screw around with programs that say they will increase you speed. But I have to say, THIS ONE WORKS! And there is no actual program on the computer. Basically its just a tool that opens in a Temp Internet window and allows you to manipulate your registry settings.
Windows XP is set up for Ethernet more so then Cable Internet so the XP default settings are on the conservative side.

This is a free program and it reconfigures your registry so that the cable modem will accept larger files in one bite. My internet access is a bunch faster. Check out this page and download the TCP Optimizer program. You can change it back if you want to also. Mine works even on the Extreme / Optimize setting . :D
http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

First you may want to go to the bottom of the page and click on the TCP analyser to see where your computer is configured right now. Then after you reconfig the registry setting check it again.

Tell me what you found! Man does mine fly now !!!:D

chynewalkr
02-18-2004, 09:25 PM
yes it does, i found it a few months ago after fighting a slow connection.

btw, the vandal is coming along good, ill be hanging a v4 on it this weekend. then comes the hard part, waiting for the ice to melt up here.

Scream And Fly
02-25-2004, 01:16 AM
You can also set the MTU value manually in the system registry.

For cable/dsl, set it to 1500.

Greg

Donat
03-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Works fast as hell

S&F is best site for anything