PDA

View Full Version : Lake Koshkonong Motorcycle Ice Races...

TeamSunset
11-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Need something cool to do this winter? What do we do at Sunset Tavern after the summer outboard speed runs & bikini contests are over? Race, Race, and Race more!!!!
Check out the Saturday Night Shortrack "under the lights" or the "new" Sunday SuperICEmoto!!!
In the past, we've seen the likes of Rich King (factory HD), Johnny Murphree (National #2), Jeff Fredette (team USA ISDE medalist), Schnabel, Rogers, and others show up at Sunset Tavern ice races and this year will be even better!
The 04' season's premier sponsor is Corse Superbikes, home of RedBull/HMC/Team KTM Supermoto. Looks like we will see AMA Supermoto star, Ben Carlson, on a regular basis this year! ...We may also see Scott Russell, Doug Chandler, Fillmore, and others race Kosh this winter! We have also talked to NASCAR veteran, Rich Bickle, and he plans on racing on "two wheels" at Kosh this winter!!!

Check it out ...scream&flyers are always welcome here!!!!!!!!!

racerx
11-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey Tom if we can get some pics for my Turbo Honda we can set a new speed record for lake Kosh we will need a driver also for it would be inane 200MPH plus any takers?

TeamSunset
11-29-2003, 11:55 AM
I kinda wonder what the the fastest speed ever recorded on ice is? I know some of those old NSSR speed record sleds did 150+ ... but I bet some of the new bikes would smoke those old records. Lets do it! Lets set the speed record and get YOUR NAME in the books! ...I'LL drive the plow truck!!! ;)

KaptainKirk
11-30-2003, 01:01 AM
a date for dem northeners to meet us flat landers at a hotel and party maybe we use your place the night before one of your races ?

TeamSunset
11-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Hey we've done the FireWater party... why not an annual winter StiffWater Bench Racing party? Saturday January 17th / Sunday January18th. ...alot of people come for the saturday night oval races and stay over for the sunday Steel Shoe Fund benefit 3-hour team endurance race. The Steel Shoe Fund is a benefit event to aid families of injured dirt track riders. Its a fun/party type event that has pulled big name pro riders from all across the US and TV coverage like ESPN MotoWorld & Speed's BikeWeek Magazine ...the best part?...once the final flag is thrown saturday night, I'm done for the rest of the weekend, because the AMA comes in and puts on the sunday endurance race! ...Zoot Suit Riot...Throw back a bottle-a-beer!

...Tom