PDA

View Full Version : Outboard Drag Racing 101 Thanks ODBA!

W. Tripp
05-02-2001, 08:54 AM
I just got back from a GREAT weekend in Mt. Pleasant, TX. I ran my boat in Lakeracer and got a quick and hard lesson on timing the lights - thanks guys. The weather was perfect, and I met even more great racers, friends and family.

I hope even more members of this board and fellow enthusiasts participate or just show up for the Westlake,LA race. If you havan't tried running through the lights yet, this is a must do in your lifetime. Although, chasing down Allisons is hard on the ego.:)

To all of those who worked so hard setting up and running this event, I send a very well deserved THANK YOU! I had a boat load of fun and earned even more respect for the guys running through the lights.

T-REX
05-02-2001, 07:23 PM
Hey Wayne, glad ta see you enjoyed it enough to keep going...I've made so many 1,2 trips to tha trailer that I thought about writing a losers handbook...The lakeracer class iz one tuff cookie and it don't mean much cummin from me, but first time out You dun good! Iv'e been in them lights quite a few times and look what I did...so ya only git better, the more times ya screw up, tha more ya learn(I think!)...anyway, I didn't git to personally say thanks for the use of the prop, it would have been embarrasing without it...Thanks a bunch, and will see ya in westlake...T-REX

JTS Racing
05-02-2001, 09:48 PM
WT...good to have met ya. Got toooo much happening now in the paying job. Will not make West Lake. Have been talking to one on my west coast buddies and he is stepping in to sponsor us in U/O if we can find a way to make the new 2001 drag work on Nitro. Going to be fun:eek:. Hope to meet up again at Montgomery or Clarksville :).