PDA

View Full Version : 28' Aero vee bottom w/twin 200 Mercs

Instigator
03-30-2015, 06:34 AM
Great lines and cheap.
Advertised here in Cinci, but Mi registration and don't recognize the area code.
I need to stay far away :p

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/4955543689.html

thunter764
04-02-2015, 04:31 AM
That is old school cool Gary. Interesting tie bar location. Wondering what kind of steering it has?

tux974
04-02-2015, 05:42 AM
That is old school cool Gary. Interesting tie bar location. Wondering what kind of steering it has?

I thought the same thing? Looks like he used the anode bolt access holes and thru bolted it since he has 5" motor extensions.
I say 55,60mph and a solid ride.

Greg G
04-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Great lines and cheap. Advertised here in Cinci, but Mi registration and don't recognize the area code. I need to stay far away

Dude I thought you lived in Florida? That is a Kentucky area code. Where were Aero's built? It kind of looks like a Signature from Tommy Adams back before I was born.

Instigator
04-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Tim and Tux, agreed. I tried to do the tie bard deal on my first Sonic.

Greg, used to. Wife got us relocated to the Cinci Ohio area last September.

I know I've seen the Aero's before but I'm drawing a blank. Looks like a 28' Magnum/Cigarette.

Been e-mailing the guy and it's a friend of friends but located 15 mins south of Cinci so close enough to take a peak.

p-f-e
05-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Great lines and cheap.
Advertised here in Cinci, but Mi registration and don't recognize the area code.
I need to stay far away :p

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/4955543689.html
I have one that we pulled out of the same mold that the boat that is for sale came from except we made a incert and turned it into a 2 step variable deadrise bottom .
That bottom is a exact copy of a 27 mag in the beginning the decks where the same as a mag sport then he made the raised deck they were heavy but solid but can have rot problems as they get old .
The mold was destroyed 2 years ago so I have the last hull and deck that was made from it I still have the race fairing mold for the deck.
The guy that owned aero was a piece of work he did many splashes over the years of many boats they were built here in Michigan.
The company had many names over the years lancer,predator,aero,awesome.
You are right they have classic lines I would like to finish mine in the near future it was going to be a single inboard but it may go twin outboards we will see.
If you want more info I have a lot I raced for them Gary

p-f-e
05-12-2015, 11:03 PM
area code 859 Kentucky Lexington
I also had a friend back in the early 90s that had one with twin 225 rudes it went low 70s

I also hade another friend with twin v-8 johnsons it went mid 80s

With todays props im sure they would do better also if they were laid up like mine they would be a lot lighter.

Instigator
05-13-2015, 05:44 AM
I have one that we pulled out of the same mold that the boat that is for sale came from except we made a incert and turned it into a 2 step variable deadrise bottom .
That bottom is a exact copy of a 27 mag in the beginning the decks where the same as a mag sport then he made the raised deck they were heavy but solid but can have rot problems as they get old .
The mold was destroyed 2 years ago so I have the last hull and deck that was made from it I still have the race fairing mold for the deck.
The guy that owned aero was a piece of work he did many splashes over the years of many boats they were built here in Michigan.
The company had many names over the years lancer,predator,aero,awesome.
You are right they have classic lines I would like to finish mine in the near future it was going to be a single inboard but it may go twin outboards we will see.
If you want more info I have a lot I raced for them Gary
Thanks for the history lesson.

I intentionally avoided going to look at it as I don't need another project right now but love the style.
It's also listed be a "friend" so pretty good chance of it being a wasted trip.
Notice the starboard motor has an exhaust snout but port does not ;)

Ad says, "just needs cleaned up to be water ready". Yeah, just like my two 24' Sonics!

I will, someday do another twin O/B vee but not sure what/when.

Pretty cool that it was built in Michigan as most of that style, especially the splashes, came from Fla.

Bet it was a blast racing for them back in the day.