PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Out Of A Allison???

Corona Mike
12-27-2012, 09:32 PM
1ST. Thanks Greg For This Forum.:thumbsup: Now, Who Actually Fishes Out Of Their Allisons? I Know That I Spent PLENTY Of $$$ So I Could Actually Fish Out Of My XB02'. I Know Allisoon Man, Big-D, Tracey Hermstrom, And A Couple More St.Cloud Guys All Fish Out Of Theirs.... Although Big-D Couldn't Catch A Fish If He Was Starvin'!:eek::D:D Anybody Else? Just Curious....Mike T.:cheers::cheers:

LongShot
12-27-2012, 10:41 PM
I didn't know their was another fishing boat??? I have fished out of an XTB21,XB2003 and several XB2002's. All great boats. All have compromises on some amenities but none ever out ran or brought more on resale.

bigbluechevy454
12-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Ive fished from a xb2002 and its fine not like a ranger by know means

Corona Mike
12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Ive fished from a xb2002 and its fine not like a ranger by know means

I Actually Do Fish Out Of Mine...Not Like A Ranger I Agree BUT, Here In Fl. We, At Times, Will Fish Heavy Weeds. I Find It Moves Through The Heavy Stuff Much Better Than The Heavier Wider Boats. The Live Well System Seems To Keep Fish Alive Very Well And It's Easy On Trolling Motors. I Use To Have A XST-18' Bass Boat And It Was...In It's Day...A GREAT Boat! Fast, Fished Great, Easy On Trolling Motors, Good Live Well, ETC...Only Knock Was It Was A Little Noisy Not Having Any Carpet. But, I Sure Miss That One!

FAST RALLY SPORT
12-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Mike I'm pretty sure Jeff would sale you his bass boat for the right money, hell it has a 1st place bass tournament already under its belt and biggest bass too. LOL

Corona Mike
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Mike I'm pretty sure Jeff would sale you his bass boat for the right money, hell it has a 1st place bass tournament already under its belt and biggest bass too. LOL

Just About Have Everything Else...Can't Take That To....

rock
12-28-2012, 12:49 PM
I fish out of mine Mike. We fish Kentucky Lake once a year and Mark Twain soemtimes twice. Bluegills, redears, and crappie. If you want to fish you can fish out of anything.

Rock

Largemouthlou
12-28-2012, 02:24 PM
I had one in my driveway for a few days does that count :D

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f55/Largemouthlou/ORIGINAL%20Lou%20s%20plate%20pictures/AllisonXTBpics.jpg

Corona Mike
12-28-2012, 04:49 PM
That One Of The Old 21' Boats Lou? Those Always Rode Great! I Had A Couple Of Friends That Had Them Back In The Day.

Cp
12-28-2012, 06:02 PM
I fish from mine nearly everytime I use it.

Corona Mike
12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I've Fished For Everything From Red Fish Snook Trout To Bass And Crappie. Not A Bad Fishing Boat. I Fish A Bunch By Myself So, The XB02' Is...In My Opinion...A Very Good Fishin' Boat! Plus A Pretty Good Sport Boat!

Varmint
12-30-2012, 04:15 AM
Ricekiller has a sweet xtb21, with a fresh promax, in Pa,

bigbluechevy454
12-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Whenever i buy a another boat it will be a allison bass boat Its the best all around

resqu-u
01-01-2013, 12:38 PM
I fish from mine all the time, and I don't baby her. She'll take a stump like a champ :eek:. I wish I had a few more storage lockers on the front deck but I make do pretty well with the storage tubs.

Dave Strong
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Im no bass fisherman, but one would think a boat that is the fastest and most fuel efficiant would be an advantage in a tournament, go further and fish longer?

Dave

steve@scp
01-02-2013, 03:24 PM
me and my wife fished out of an xb2002 with a 150 merc on it.
loved it!!!

stable and floated over stumps and grass beds really well. plenty of storage for us too.
just kinda weird with the driver in the middle. nice fishin boat!

Corona Mike
01-03-2013, 05:07 PM
If I Was Smart...Goes Without Saying I'm NOT!...:eek::D:D I Would Have Bought One Of The 15" 200XS Motors This Year When The Orders Were Being Taken. Talk About Killer Fuel Milage!! That Would Be About As A Perfect Vacation/Fishing/Crusing Boat As You Could Have! Mine Still Does Pretty Good On Gas Even With The 280 on it.:thumbsup::cheers:

racer7x
01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Is it possible to find a used Allison without a motor or are we still talking big money?

Varmint
01-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Sure, i've seen lots over the years w/out a motor,alot of people in this economy can't afford to repower after a blowup, so sell hull/trlr only.

racer7x
01-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Good to know. Where is a good place to start looking? I live in Kansas (God help me) so I don't think I'm going to have much luck in this area.

Varmint
01-14-2013, 05:58 PM
I hate the inflated prices of ebag, i found alot of good deals on boats and motors on craiglist, i would concentrate for allison basser's in the south eastern states, like Ky,Tn,Al,Ms, tx,fla, ga, ms., carolinas., craiglist has a good search engine, that should keep ya busy for awhile, i've seen 'em on S n F, and bassboat central (bbc.com) and fastbass.com

Varmint
01-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Actually big tis (member) had one here awhile back w/out power

racer7x
01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks Varmint-appreciate the info.

Dave Strong
01-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Actually big tis (member) had one here awhile back w/out power

He always seems to have 1 or 2 for sale, some with power some without.

Dave

timmc6
01-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks Varmint-appreciate the info.
keep a check on craigslist nashville,knoxville,chattanoga,there have been several lately,ps i use search tempest,it will pull them all up at the same time,tim

afr
01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
mike i will fish out of my hydroplane/ soon as i get license

racer7x
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks Tim

racer7x
01-14-2013, 07:10 PM
thanks Dave, I will look him up

njj502
01-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Rock's fishes good. I find it hard to fish from mine.....it has had a damned carp in it!

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/njj502/boating/River%20Run%202012/DSCN1774.jpg

Keep your eyes peeled on here & Allison owners for nice used ones!

racer7x
01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Damn that's a beautiful boat, and I bet its as fast as it looks. That's the style I am most interested in.

Corona Mike
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Damn that's a beautiful boat, and I bet its as fast as it looks. That's the style I am most interested in.

If you are looking for a XB02' There is one in the classifieds that needs finishing. The boat isn't that bad now plus, Allison is pretty reasonable on things like carpet kits/upholstery/latches/switches...etc. I Just re-did my XB02' and I'm VERY PLEASED! With how it turned out! Just About Everything was direct replacment parts! Plus I DO Fish Out Of It!

njj502
01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
You should find some around KC also. Mines no fishin boat but it does run good. Should run mid upper 90's this year..... Maybe a bit more since my motor is warmed up a teeny bit

Try this site out. http://allisonowners.com/

racer7x
01-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys for the help

H20WKD
01-16-2013, 10:26 AM
racer7x

Check this one (http://www.fastboatscanada.com/vBulletin/showpost.php?p=84721&postcount=23)....should be up for sale again this Spring. It's on FBC.

The GS is a great Boat...LOVE our's.:thumbsup:

Bob

timmc6
01-16-2013, 10:37 AM
there are a couple of xb-02 on fast bass,one is really nice on new orleans craigslist,tim

racer7x
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks very much, I will check those out.

Hoss Marine Propellers
02-13-2013, 09:49 PM
I fish out of our "brand new" 1987 XTB21 !!!!
It's the best boat I've ever fished out of !!!!!
I fished for many years in my '87 XB2002.

racer7x
02-14-2013, 10:30 AM
I fish out of our "brand new" 1987 XTB21 !!!!
It's the best boat I've ever fished out of !!!!!
I fished for many years in my '87 XB2002.

Tim, is the XTB21 more of a bass boat? I wouldn't mind be able to fish out of one but I am more interested in speed (but I have a feeling all Allisons are fast). Still trying to educate myself on Allisons. I like the Hydrostreams too but it almost seems that the Allisons are better built boats-am I wrong or is it too close to call?

Ted Stryker
02-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Allison's are vastly better built than hydostreams in design, materials, and craftsmanship.. You pay extra for allison's, but they also hold there value when selling...

We have fished out of our old xb02 touney... On the trolling motor is did alright... Not like our Ranger, but everywhere else it was great..

Corona Mike
02-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Allison's are vastly better built than hydostreams in design, materials, and craftsmanship.. You pay extra for allison's, but they also hold there value when selling...

We have fished out of our old xb02 touney... On the trolling motor is did alright... Not like our Ranger, but everywhere else it was great..

VASTLY BETTER Is A Understatment!!! Hell Kevin Mine Does Great With A Trolling Motor, Not As Much Battery Room As A Ranger/Triton/ETC...But, You Don't Need As Much Trolling Motor Due To The Weight And Design.

Ted Stryker
02-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Agreed 100%, I use the term "on the trolling motor" as a blanket term for actually fishing and not driving... My only complaint was lesser tackle storage (xb02) and a little more hull lean when two guys are casting the same direction compared to the typical tournament boat that is wide and flat...

The 360v Ranger is very solid and built well... Like most Allison's the Ranger has been used since it was new in 1993, and doesn't have a single gel crack anywhere... Most of it in stumpy water and we cover open waters that get choppy to get on the fishing spot... It has been used, but used with common sense.. I appreciate the quality of both boats, regardless of their different pedigrees..

Can't seem to make myself drive the Ally through a stumpfield and feel that screeching, knocking, bumping, and banging.. :(

Corona Mike
02-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Agreed 100%, I use the term "on the trolling motor" as a blanket term for actually fishing and not driving... My only complaint was lesser tackle storage (xb02) and a little more hull lean when two guys are casting the same direction compared to the typical tournament boat that is wide and flat...

The 360v Ranger is very solid and built well... Like most Allison's the Ranger has been used since it was new in 1993, and doesn't have a single gel crack anywhere... Most of it in stumpy water and we cover open waters that get choppy to get on the fishing spot... It has been used, but used with common sense.. I appreciate the quality of both boats, regardless of their different pedigrees..

Can't seem to make myself drive the Ally through a stumpfield and feel that screeching, knocking, bumping, and banging.. :(

If I Had To Drive Mine Through A "Stump Field" I WOULD Have To Get A Bigger Trolling Motor!:eek::D:D

scawd the dog
02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
I fished for years out of my XB2002 down here and had a lot of fun with it. :) Sometimes with 3 on board.

Ted Stryker
02-16-2013, 11:55 AM
If I Had To Drive Mine Through A "Stump Field" I WOULD Have To Get A Bigger Trolling Motor!:eek::D:D

Understood sir, for sure.. I've crawled up on some at 5-6 mph that took an xr-6 at least half throttle to screech my way off.. This is usually when the vee of the hull wedges between two solid stumps 4-5 feet apart and will not allow the hull to turn or spin... Just gotta power through them and pray there aren't any air voids in the outer laminant or gel :eek:.. The underwater obstacles such as friggin 3' diameter trees that can perch a hull up nice and dry are the only things that keep me from an allison as the full-time fishing rig...

Other than that, I wouldn't even give a second thought or consideration to another fishing rig than the ally... Aside from my psycological barrier to go stump jumping with a sharp chined hull, it does everything too well such as full mileage, ride in chop, easy on the troller batteries, and pure fun of all descriptions..

Hoss Marine Propellers
02-18-2013, 12:30 AM
Tim, is the XTB21 more of a bass boat? I wouldn't mind be able to fish out of one but I am more interested in speed (but I have a feeling all Allisons are fast). Still trying to educate myself on Allisons. I like the Hydrostreams too but it almost seems that the Allisons are better built boats-am I wrong or is it too close to call?

The older XTB21 is what I consider more of a "traditional" bass boat. In my opinion, it fishes much better that my XB2002.
When I was younger, I loved fishing off the big, front deck of the XB02 ..... The only complaints I had was loosing a few fish when they hit the deck & bounced back in the lake ....... Not enough room in the bottom of the boat for all our fishing gear & ice chest ....... At the end of the day, my knees hurt and I was very tired from climbing up & down on the front deck ..... it is a big step.
The XTB21 has a smaller, deeper deck on front and an enormous amount of floor space in the bottom area of the boat. It also handles rough water extremely well and rides like a dream. Not only does it run fairly fast, I've been bragging lately about how SLOW it goes!!!!! It will run 12.4 mph on plane, because at 12.3 mph, it starts dropping back into the water. I'm not sure how slow most boats will run before they drop off plane?

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b598/Hossprops/Other%20Boat%20Pics/Allison_zpsc68a2e46.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b598/Hossprops/Other%20Boat%20Pics/Allison5_zps8709a31e.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b598/Hossprops/Other%20Boat%20Pics/Allison2_zpsab6055fc.jpg

ActivatedSludge
02-18-2013, 11:38 AM
I love the looks of that XTB Tim, sounds like they run as fast as the 03s, maybe faster set up properly. What a cool fishing rig!

Pic any model, you won't be disappointed. Kurt

Ted Stryker
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
XTB's didn't and don't get the credut they deserve... Perform very well for what they are, and haven't heard a complaint yet about the ride in chop... If they had a bigger casting deck I'd be real interested in one for a filet boat...

RNM018
02-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Mike , I don't recall ever even having a Fishin Pole , in my Allison , But it's been stacked high , with fire wood , going campin !
Does That Count ? :)

Rich Martin 018

Corona Mike
02-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Mike , I don't recall ever even having a Fishin Pole , in my Allison , But it's been stacked high , with fire wood , going campin !
Does That Count ? :)

Rich Martin 018

Couple Of Things.......#1) Depends What You Are Fishin' For And Where!:eek:;) #2) The Fire Wood Is Always Needed After A Sucesfull Fishin' Trip To Keep Your "Catch" Warm!:D:cheers: Now I NEVER Clairified Exactly What Type Of Fishin' I Was Talking About Now Did I....:D:D:cheers:

Dave Strong
02-22-2013, 08:40 PM
I allways wanted a XB 2002 after reading John Tigers test in Bass & Walleye back in 98? Had a stock 225 Pro Max with a coned Torquemaster case and ran higher 90's.:D
I don't fish anymore but allways thought to have a couple people run around the lake, stop and lay in sun have a swim. Seemed like cool boat, fast, good fuel economy, storage, lots of room.:thumbsup:
One day the BAJA will go and be replaced with a XB 2002 and you never know I might take up fishing again. :eek::D

Dave :cheers:

timmc6
02-22-2013, 08:48 PM
nothing like them i was at the suwannee river in 1988 and i seen my first one ,been a xb-2002 ever since ,tim:iagree:

Corona Mike
02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
nothing like them i was at the suwannee river in 1988 and i seen my first one ,been a xb-2002 ever since ,tim:iagree:

Suwannee River In 1988 That would have been Rick Sissel, Tom Bush Or Lawton Minshew. Rick Had A white boat with black and grey stripes, Tom had a blue and white boat, and Lawton had a all red boat. Back Then those were just about the only XB02's around. There's plenty of them around now but, still...In My Opinion...The Best All Around boats Allison ever made.

timmc6
02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Suwannee River In 1988 That would have been Rick Sissel, Tom Bush Or Lawton Minshew. Rick Had A white boat with black and grey stripes, Tom had a blue and white boat, and Lawton had a all red boat. Back Then those were just about the only XB02's around. There's plenty of them around now but, still...In My Opinion...The Best All Around boats Allison ever made.

mike this boat was grey with black from tennessee,with trolling motor and wife and he didnt play nice,if you know what i mean,lol ,he spanked our butts then smiled at us!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Corona Mike
02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
mike this boat was grey with black from tennessee,with trolling motor and wife and he didnt play nice,if you know what i mean,lol ,he spanked our butts then smiled at us!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Yea' The 1st. Generation XB02's Were VERY FAST!...They were all light...Compaired To The Later Models...Ricks boat weighed 675lbs..(+/-) a couple. Ran Very Fast Even With A 2.4! Sure Wished I Would Have Bought It When I Had The Chance! We all use to run up there back then. That's why I figured it was one of those three.

lilmule
02-23-2013, 12:14 PM
It has a small livewell,suitable for one hefty weight not two.I didnt like the allison aerator as with higher water levels it pumps more water than lets in air bubbles,installed a different pump then bubbles air via two 1/4 in lines could drive 400 miles and keep them alive.
But on ky lake where a limit could go 30 lbs not large enough for two limits.Shallow draft will go shallow real shallow and runs with the big dogs with a mere 150.Handles like a 17 fter off plane as narrow,can span the waves fairly well 52 mph in 3 fters,hull slightly down.
Older models dont have enough floatation would float nose up only so add some via 4 in rolls in gunwhales.
Prior to sometime in 88 dont have the reinforced transom.

MWest77
02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
We have an XTB and we fish like crazy in it! We were looking at new boats when my buddy's 89xtb came up for sale. It was exactly what we wanted in terms of layout, length, and speed. Will most likely keep it forever and may send it in to Allison one day for a complete restoration.

Corona Mike
02-28-2013, 06:29 PM
"Older models dont have enough floatation would float nose up only"
:eek::DPrior to sometime in 88 dont have the reinforced transom.
Wasn't Because Of "Lack Of Flotation" The Pre...And Some EARLY...88 Models were all very light! And FAST!.....Mine is about 100-lbs heavier (+/-)than the early boats and mine isn't heavy!:eek::D:cheers:

Corona Mike
02-28-2013, 06:35 PM
We have an XTB and we fish like crazy in it! We were looking at new boats when my buddy's 89xtb came up for sale. It was exactly what we wanted in terms of layout, length, and speed. Will most likely keep it forever and may send it in to Allison one day for a complete restoration.

I've had two 18' XTB's VERY GOOD Fishing Boats...Just A Little Noisey But, A 12-V Trolling Motor Would Get You Anywhere In The Weeds You Wanted To Go. Nice Livewell And Fast As Hell For A Bass-Boat Back In The Day! Just Not As Pretty As The XB02's Or XB03's The XTB 21's Were The 1st. In The Line Of Pretty As Well As FAST Bass-Boats. In My Opinion...

fishnfireman
03-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Have been fishing some local tournaments all the way to FLW events out of an Allison for 13 years now... Average fishing about 20 tournaments a year. I sold my 2003/280 and now have the 21Prosport/300XS..The new Bassport pro is just like any other main stream bass boat but faster and more fuel efficient. I just like the wind protection of the center console, as I fish a lot in cold weather. The Pro sport is not the most fishable tournament boat around. But it is the fastest, most fuel efficient, passenger protected boat on the market.....I dare say no one else can run down the lake 90 mph with a tournament load and talk to your partner. All the while wearing a floppy brimmed hat..

Zunik
03-02-2013, 04:24 AM
I had been wanting to do fishing from a very long time, but i am short of some $'s.But i have a passion of watery sports like skimming, boating, even riding a surfboard :) Hope so i also get a chance like you all get :) Enjoy your time :)

Rob Shaw
03-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Ive owned an XB2003 and my current XB21 BasSPort Pro. The BasSPort is the absolute best bass fishing platform Ive ever been in. Bought it brand new in Sept 2007.

CDave
03-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I fished outa my XB02 when I had a 140 Zuki on it. When I put a 200 Merc on it it wasn't too long before the trolling motor came off, hyd. steering went on and a prop collection started.

Honestly I found the XB02 to be a wobbly boat to fish out of; compared to the boats I had fished out of before the Alli. But defiantly a fishable boat and fantastic running/driving in rough water.

Corona Mike
03-08-2013, 04:48 PM
I fished outa my XB02 when I had a 140 Zuki on it. When I put a 200 Merc on it it wasn't too long before the trolling motor came off, hyd. steering went on and a prop collection started.

Honestly I found the XB02 to be a wobbly boat to fish out of; compared to the boats I had fished out of before the Alli. But defiantly a fishable boat and fantastic running/driving in rough water.

Sound Like Me! But, I Started With A 200...Got Bored Went To A Purcell 280...Bit Of A Difference! Can't Figure If The Boat Is Wobbly Or It's Just My Old Legs...After A Pass Across The Lake!:eek::D:D

Corona Mike
03-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Ive owned an XB2003 and my current XB21 BasSPort Pro. The BasSPort is the absolute best bass fishing platform Ive ever been in. Bought it brand new in Sept 2007.

MAN!! Nice Boats!!! That New BasSport Is One Sweet Bass Boat!

150aintenuff
03-21-2013, 08:37 PM
the only boat missing in the allison line up is a Dual console XTB21 and a open bow windshield boat bassed off the XTB 21 hull... those two would FLY off the shelves...

xb03fs
03-31-2013, 10:33 PM
Xb21 2+2

Screwedup
04-29-2013, 07:12 PM
I fish out of my 2003 as much as I can!!!!

rosetja
05-02-2013, 12:16 PM
2000 XB 2002 with a 2013 175 Pro XS fishes fine especially fishing solo

jmatsuoka
06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
fished out of my XB2002 for many years its a little tippy but great on gas. Cruise at 80 and barely any boats can keep up. Doesnt matter if your the last boat to leave the dock you'll be the first one fishing.

Corona Mike
06-28-2013, 09:09 PM
fished out of my XB2002 for many years its a little tippy but great on gas. Cruise at 80 and barely any boats can keep up. Doesnt matter if your the last boat to leave the dock you'll be the first one fishing.

I'll Be Fishing Out Of Mint Again Tomorrow....Takes About 5-Min To Go From "Sport Boat" To Fishin' Boat! If You Want To Look Over An Area, It Stays On Plane At A Very Slow Speed Also Which Helps When...Like Me...You Don't Fish As Much As You Once Did! I'm Sure The XB03' Is A Better Fishing Boat...Let Alone The New Allisons!!...But, The XB02 Works O.K. If You Are By Yourself!

robertpitter
07-05-2013, 01:34 AM
as long as it floats fish out of it :cheers:

bobthebuilder
03-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Allison now does build a fantastic bass boat.. Finally built one with tournament fishermen in mind.. XB21ProBassSport..

whipper
03-06-2014, 04:11 AM
I fish out of my GS. Works pretty good. Mostly for rainbow but have caught 20lb char from her also.:] http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/whipperr/2006-11-12_0190.jpg (http://s63.photobucket.com/user/whipperr/media/2006-11-12_0190.jpg.html) http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/whipperr/2006-11-12_0219.jpg (http://s63.photobucket.com/user/whipperr/media/2006-11-12_0219.jpg.html) http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/whipperr/eba17c66-4c44-4521-b342-d12e820c09c9_zps32347331.jpg (http://s63.photobucket.com/user/whipperr/media/eba17c66-4c44-4521-b342-d12e820c09c9_zps32347331.jpg.html)