PDA

View Full Version : What a Woman!!

Jeff Lytle
11-22-2002, 07:36 PM
PRO racer David Weaver and Chief Mechanic Ellen, who happens to be his wife !!
This is not the only pair I saw involved in the sport like this.....

I remember a great guy named Henry Shakeshaft III from Virginia. His wife Rene' and Henry used to go to alot of races by themselves without crew, and always get help.
Henry used to race in the hotly contested 500cc Hydro Class--we're talking 120+ MPH here guys, in a 13' kneeler !!

I remember seeing Rene' standing alone with Henry on the starting stand, waiting for help. I had a free hand so off I went. I was heading for the carb side of the engine where she was, she waved me off to the pipe side. She primed the engine, clenched the squirt can in her teeth and snapped the engine over like any man could. Off he went--1st pull........or so we thought. Henry crapped out before he could get over the hump--so now the REAL race was on.....drag him back in and HOPE the plugs weren't fouled cause time was quickly ticking away.
I arrived 1st--in 4 1/2' of water and went to my customary cranking side--AGAIN!! she waved me off !! ----Now, I'm 6'4" and she was no more than 5'6" Do the math !! I ran to the pipe side and lifted---AGAIN she snapped like a trooper with the can still between her teeth and off he went to win the heat, but this time, the engine was almost above her head !!!!

Never forget that as long as I live--WHAT A WOMAN !!!

crazy horse
11-23-2002, 01:56 AM
That's my kinda lady!!!!

Doubledog
11-23-2002, 03:40 AM
Mechanic--ing would be a real dream come true. For now though I'm just hoping that my soon to be wife'll bait her hook when we go fishing the first time!

Laker
11-23-2002, 12:00 PM
DANG
That is Impresive!