PDA

View Full Version : My horrible lawnmower ride today....

sho305
11-05-2002, 12:11 PM
It was horrifying!

I thought I'd go out and mow up all the leaves on the grass again. Got the mower out and started flying around the house. After a little bit, I see a couple of SNOWFLAKES falling. No big deal, it was calm and not that cold. I was going pretty good, so I started going faster still as I was just chopping leaves, the grass is pretty dormant now.

More snow starts coming down. My shades are getting snow on them and making manuvering a bit more challenging. Still ok, not colder at all, might as well finish...the grass is getting snow on it now, and the dry leaves are not flying out of there as good anymore...and it is really coming down now.

My jeans are getting snow on them now and I can hardly see, The mower starts sliding around and not turning very good anymore. That was fun for a while, but then I hear this funny noise...and wham! A big chunk of sawdust looking chopped leaves and snow goes flying out of the mower. Then more chunks of this dog dodo stuff falling out of there making bad noises and I just cleaned the deck. My legs are getting wet...only a few passes to go...people driving by must be laughing their a**es off!

Can hardly see the road from the back yard now, mower sliding all over, can't see, snow dripping down the inside of my shades, legs are soaked with snow...finally done!!!! Put the mower away, I am covered in snow & leaf-bits. Grass is white except for under the trees. Go in house, peel off wet stuff, find some good hot chocolate(the kind with the little marshmellows) and mix it up.

Damn! Winter is here. Maybe I'll tell the S&F guys about this so they can laugh at me......

See my mower in Bayliner transom post, takes about 45min to mow here at normal speed. I bet I was out there for 35 today:cool: and I had to go over the leaves a couple times in thick spots.

175checkmate
11-05-2002, 04:35 PM
NOw thats funny. Only because I have been there done that. Michigan is funny that way.

gaineso
11-05-2002, 06:35 PM
What's snow?? Why are there leaves all over your yard??? Why is your grass dormant????

88 degrees and bright sun. Tough life but somebody has to live in Florida

VectorPat
11-05-2002, 06:46 PM
AAAHHHH Yes!!!!! Yet another reason why I live in Florida:D :D

Jay R.
11-05-2002, 07:10 PM
Hey i hear it's supossed to cool of to the low 80's this weekend, must be time to winter-ize. in florida that means your wear a Tee-shirt instead of no-shirt when you go on the boat!!!!:cool: :D

sho305
11-05-2002, 08:15 PM
HAAAAAHAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAH:p :p :p

We got over an inch in a couple hours. It will go away tomorrow. 80s. Well....we are gonna kill our skeeters up here so the west nile is not so bad next year.....yeah....that's it! Freeze them out!!!

rob vaughn
11-05-2002, 08:42 PM
Well we had 1.5" of rain today and a hi temp. of 54,leaves are on my yard, as well,winter isn't here YET but da** it's close....
How long till Derby day, in Ky. that unofficially starts summer?????

Tom D.
11-05-2002, 11:24 PM
Rob I know what you mean. The S-word is coming. Were supposed to get a couple of inches tonight-tommarrow. Then a heat wave is coming 55 degrees with some rain thrown in. How long till April-May?

Tom

Jay R.
11-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Hey Check_mate, what kinda speed you getting out of your enchanter?

Doubledog
11-06-2002, 03:29 AM
Surprisingly we haven't gotten snow yet around the Frankfurt area. I'm prepared, got the winter tires on the Bimmer and VW, just in case.

Jay R.
11-06-2002, 07:13 AM
Frankfurt? are you in germany?:confused:

Doubledog
11-06-2002, 07:33 AM
Yes, about ten minutes south of there in Hanau. :)

gaineso
11-06-2002, 05:53 PM
Doubledog and Sgt Laker are in Germany preparing to kick Sadam's rear end and allowing us to enjoy S & F. We need to remember them and all their buddy's over there and hope they all hurry home safely so that they can endanger themselves in Hot Boats.

Jay R.
11-06-2002, 06:01 PM
I grew up in kiserslautin airforce base (probly spelled that wrong). I wish you guys well, and hope you get back safe.

rob vaughn
11-06-2002, 06:29 PM
How in the world do you guys over there drink beer hot?????I don't care how much snow is on the ground I want my stuff cold..If the beer freezes before I finish it, it's time for some turkey,WILD TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott
11-07-2002, 12:28 PM
I miss Michigan!